Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryno2085

Not so new Member
Reaction score
OK well with the warm weather and the increased amount of food my Children's Python is very active at the moment. I bought her in winter so its really good to see her out and about. and more active during handling.

I fed her on friday last week, and last night (monday night) i opened her enclosure to put a rock back in there i took out for feeding and she srung out like she does when shes looking for food which made me think twice about putting my hand in there for a sec... but yeah was really good to see her so active

I was just wondering though, whos been bitten before? Did it hurt? What were you bitten by?

Just curious :) i wanna hear a few peoples stories, cheers.

I have 2 adult Coastal Pythons (KAA & BAZIL) and a 7mth old childrens python (TOMAS) I have only been bitten by TOMAS and that was the day I got him, felt like a paper cut... he had just been fed and transported and yes I was told to leave him alone, did I listen, NNOOOOO but he has been fine ever since. KAA & BAZIL havent bitten me yet but I am waiting or it, I know it will happen one day.

My Childrens is the same, when ever i put my hand in her tank she stretches out towards my hand thinking im food. Once i get her out and are handling her she is fine. She has bitten me i guess 20 or 30 times. It doesnt hurt much if she just bites and lets go but if she holds on and starts trying to swallow my finger it isnt that pleasant. But getting bitten by my little Childrens is nothing compared to some of the snakes that iv been bitten by, Childrens,carpets, diamonds,Black headed, green tree, brown tree, dwyers snakes, tigers and a brown.The most painful was a 7ft diamond i found not far from where i live. he nailed me on the hand and it bled so much.There was so much bruising and i was getting teeth out of the wound a week later.

I have 2 adult Coastal Pythons (KAA & BAZIL) and a 7mth old childrens python (TOMAS) I have only been bitten by TOMAS and that was the day I got him, felt like a paper cut... he had just been fed and transported and yes I was told to leave him alone, did I listen, NNOOOOO but he has been fine ever since. KAA & BAZIL havent bitten me yet but I am waiting or it, I know it will happen one day.

haha yeah i try stay away from my Childrens (emma) for at least 4 days after shes been fed, or until the food has passed through... just the last 4 weeks she always seems to be hungry

Nom NOm NOM

hey, i was bitten before by my 18mth old coastal..Got him from a friend n was previously in a small click-clack...Then he became snappy n bitey when hes in his new enclosure..but managed to tame him down with regular handling..Took him out for some morning sun n he was on my arm, rubbing his mouth against my fingers ..nudge-nudge a bit n suddenly open his mouth n clam...
Didnt hurt though, funny when he sort of had this 'ooopsy.. its Mum' look....I LOVE HIM HEAPS..!!

haha yeah i try stay away from my Childrens (emma) for at least 4 days after shes been fed, or until the food has passed through... just the last 4 weeks she always seems to be hungry

Nom NOm NOM

I handle TOMAS several times a day now so he is used to me being annoying..... lol

biggest thing that got my was a bredli at about 90cms long, was so quick i didnt feel a thing, then it started itching,...not hurting, just itching like hell!! (i put in under hot running water and the itching stopped)

I've been bitten by a couple of the pythons:

Adult Stimson Python
Yearling Murray Darling Carpet Python
Both Yearling Bredli
Both Juvie Jungle Pythons (multiply times, everytime lol)

hmmmmm let me see

jungles (several of them on several differant occasions)
woma's (only once which still surprizes me)
carpets (again several times)
bredli (when they were young pups, dont ya just love baby bredli)

thats about it, now did they hurt well yes and no the woma was the worst little bugger just didnt wanna let go maybe i tasted like mousey lol they all drew blood some more than others probably the worst bloody ones come from the jungles but at least they didnt latch on and put the pressure down then again they take several strikes lol

I saw someone get hit by an 2m Oenpelli once and it gave us both a shock. I was holding the snake and it seemed quite placid(we just picked it up as it was moving away and we wanted to have a good look). The other guy reached out suddnely to touch it and it nailed him on the forearm...hit with a real whack! Quite a bit of blood and within 30 seconds he had a lump the size of a huge golfball sticking out of his arm.....and continueing to swell. He was frantically seeking my reassurance that the snake wasn't dangerous. I had never seen this happen before.....I presume the snake hit a vein and sudden bleeding into the tissue caused the swelling. It went down fairly quicky but he was left with a ripper of a bruise the next day and 2 perfectly opposed big "U"s showing all the teeth marks. He quite proudly showed off his bite from a vary rare snake!

I have been bitten lots of times by pythons, but the worst bite I had came from a Yellow-faced whip snake. Bitten on the finger, my hand swelled up so much I couldn't flex my fingers at all and my arm was also partially swollen. Also the lymph nodes in my armpit were very sore. The bite remained very itchy for a week or so afterwards. A bit of a wake up call for snakes that usually "just give you a bee sting"!

I've been bitten by different pythons, but the worst herp that got me was a Shingleback, had my thumb in the corner of it's mouth...... still, no where near as bad as getting bitten on the bum by a horse, now thats pain!

the worse pain ive been inflicted by a reptile wasnt from a large python but a waterdragon which latched onto my middle finger and wouldnt let go,cut through to the bone

The longer you own reptiles, the more you learn their habits and the less you get bitten

My most paiful bite was from my spotted python cro cop when he wasnt even a year old, bit onto my pointer finger on my right hand and wrapped it up, wouldnt let go for ten minutes !

hay,
i work with pythons, and as beefa said u'll become use to her movements.

how big is the snake?? what u feeding her??

there only one way to find out if it hurts try it.

my snakes that are the pains in the but are the hachling bredli's or the spotteds.

i have a 18 month water python and a 2 year scrub that can be nippy but within one bite they are out of the tank so it's not too bad.

suck it and see mate, you'll be fine

hay,
i work with pythons, and as beefa said u'll become use to her movements.

how big is the snake?? what u feeding her??

my snakes that are the pains in the but are the hachling bredli's or the spotteds.

i have a 18 month water python and a 2 year scrub that can be nippy but within one bite they are out of the tank so it's not too bad.

suck it and see mate, you'll be fine

yeah im used to her movements now, i can tell when shes hungry etc and when i should back off im not worried about it :p

she is about 66cm and shes eating adult mice at the moment. im looking at getting a blonde or platinum mac but i want one thats really good quality / high colour but i havent found any really good examples so im going to wait till december i think. price is not an issue so its just waiting till a good one comes by.

im also with WIRES so i deal with reptiles on a semi-regular basis too, i was just thinking what it would be like to get bitten, hence the thread haha ;)

Ouch!! I was just checking my snakes. The Bredli were fine (although Calliope is going into shed), Wanambi came out for a while & as usual handled like a dream. Lucy the MD shed 2 days ago & is good, Angel is her usual nasty self. Then I got to Cody! I opened his door & WHAM! He got me. Nothing unusual there except this time he hung on. For 10 minutes! Did it hurt? Mmmm, only when he moved his jaws. This is the 2nd time he has got me like this but last time he was much smaller. Pics?? Oh yeah!

Attachments

• Nom Nom Nom. Tagged by Cody, a 2yo Coastal. 002.jpg
    Nom Nom Nom. Tagged by Cody, a 2yo Coastal. 002.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 68
  • Nom Nom Nom. Tagged by Cody, a 2yo Coastal. 001.jpg
    Nom Nom Nom. Tagged by Cody, a 2yo Coastal. 001.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 58
  • Nom Nom Nom. Tagged by Cody, a 2yo Coastal. 004.jpg
    Nom Nom Nom. Tagged by Cody, a 2yo Coastal. 004.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 56
  • Nom Nom Nom. Tagged by Cody, a 2yo Coastal. 005.jpg
    Nom Nom Nom. Tagged by Cody, a 2yo Coastal. 005.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 64
Ouch!! I was just checking my snakes. The Bredli were fine (although Calliope is going into shed), Wanambi came out for a while & as usual handled like a dream. Lucy the MD shed 2 days ago & is good, Angel is her usual nasty self. Then I got to Cody! I opened his door & WHAM! He got me. Nothing unusual there except this time he hung on. For 10 minutes! Did it hurt? Mmmm, only when he moved his jaws. This is the 2nd time he has got me like this but last time he was much smaller. Pics?? Oh yeah!

Im so sorry Sammy but I cant hold back my laughter HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA