Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My first snake was a male Coastal, he's almost 4 now and I've had him for over 2 years. Just a month ago I bought a Jungle Python Pair (juvies) the female has been a delight, the male was very nervous though, but with persistant handling he has calmed down quite nicely, I also got a 2nd female Jungle 2 weeks after I got the pair she is more nervous then the male was and although she is getting better she can still surprise me now and then. All three of them have different personalities. Just remember that all young snakes can be nervous and snappy, I have a young MD (5th snake) and she has taken more lunges at moving objects then all my other snakes but she's also calming down fast after only a couple of weeks.

So I would definately say that if you like the look of the Jungles, then just get one, make sure it's a juvie though because if you do get one thats snappy at first you'll only have baby bites to worry about while you get them used to handling. Mine don't even leave a mark that I can see the next day when they bite.

Good luck with your quest.

Water pythons don't actually need to live in water like a sea snake, but they do like a swim! Just providing a large water bowl is enough. From experience these guys get pretty nasty and I haven't seen a good tempered one yet (I'm sure there are plenty out there though!) Shane

We used to catch heaps of water pythons back home some time we would exceed our expectations. Our biggest catch was 15 water pythons in about 1 - 11/2 hours and only a portion of them bit they can be a really good snake and yes there are there bad ones.

You just have to choose the right individual by handling it before you buy it or trusting the breeder / sauce where u plan on getting one from and that go's for all animals we purchase

thanks guys for all the input.being relativly new to all this im just trying to get as much info as possible so im a responsible owner and that whatever python i end up choosing is treated and cared for as it should be.I understand any snake can be cranky tho, but obviously ther are some known for their fiesty response more than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back