Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cris - yes, I like his hat/s. HOT!

Still don't think that makes him a jerk... let alone an "r-tard" :rolleyes:

PhilK, it's not only those who study 'vet' who have valid opinions here. It's a TV show, not a micro examination of his life. It entertains lots of people, and I think you'll find that being a vet involves as much, or more, interaction with people as it does with animals. Maybe it's not an accurate portrayal of the life of a city vet, but who cares. It's one of the gentler shows on commercial television, and there is something good about that.

Dump the chip on your shoulder and you'll be a happier man (or woman), and a better vet to boot...

Jamie.

No BrownHash, HAVING cash would be good.. I wouldn't do what he did to get it though.. I'd rather own a practice and make money that way than act like an r-tard on TV for personal gain. Every time I have watched him he does something stupid or ridiculous. The whole promise is messed up, for one thing.. what kind of inner city small animal vet also treats zoo animals, horses and wildlife? None that's what kind.. he also has no idea what he is doing most of the time he treats anything apart from cats and dogs.

I strongly disagree here. I watched only one episode when the little dog was a star by eating his owner pink gee strings. That would be classic Bondi inner city episode. I think that this episode made me realized that I don't need to watch this show any more.
What a cruel decision they made there. Despite that dog liked his pink tucker, owner want his pink gee strings back so they make him vomit it out and return this delicate clothing back to the lady. Where are dogs libertarians when you need them.

How about the episode when he got called out to do a horse foaling, and instead of putting a halter on the horse and putting it in a stable, or even examining it he just circled it with his hands up Steve Irwin style in the paddock saying over and over he has to be careful? Idiot.

How about the episode where someone gave him a kangaroo joey and instead of calling a wildlife carer he took it home with him (not in a pouch as I recall) and it died? Idiot.

I understand many of you love him, but I don't, my colleagues don't and I am allowed my opinion just as much as you are allowed yours. Someone in class mentioned what he did on his show and the lecturer asked them to leave, for example.. We also are taught in surgery by someone who graduated with him and it's certainly not just me. It's not because I am a grumpy person or have a chip on my shoulder or am jealous or think he is hot... I just don't like him for the guy he seems to be. Get over it - you like him and I don't.

How about the episode when he got called out to do a horse foaling, and instead of putting a halter on the horse and putting it in a stable, or even examining it he just circled it with his hands up Steve Irwin style in the paddock saying over and over he has to be careful? Idiot.

How about the episode where someone gave him a kangaroo joey and instead of calling a wildlife carer he took it home with him (not in a pouch as I recall) and it died? Idiot.

I understand many of you love him, but I don't, my colleagues don't and I am allowed my opinion just as much as you are allowed yours. Someone in class mentioned what he did on his show and the lecturer asked them to leave, for example.. We also are taught in surgery by someone who graduated with him and it's certainly not just me. It's not because I am a grumpy person or have a chip on my shoulder or am jealous or think he is hot... I just don't like him for the guy he seems to be. Get over it - you like him and I don't.

I can understand what you mean having read those examples. To someone who knows the correct procedures in those situations I see how he seems like an idiot. To someone who wouldn't have a clue of the right way to handle those situations and just watches the odd episode (like me), he seems like a good vet... I suppose because he saves lots of animals?

Twit! put the halter on and put it a stable is asking for trouble,confined space to work in, the chance of the mare becoming cast! YOU certainly are the expert.Steve Irwin didn't have anything to do with horses,do yourself a favour and watch some videos of Monty Roberts or John Lyons or even Pat Parelli.

It is human nature to be jealous of somebody that is more successful than you...

Twit! put the halter on and put it a stable is asking for trouble,confined space to work in, the chance of the mare becoming cast! YOU certainly are the expert.Steve Irwin didn't have anything to do with horses,do yourself a favour and watch some videos of Monty Roberts or John Lyons or even Pat Parelli.
What on earth are you talking about? Every foaling I have witnessed (which admittedly is only around the 10 or 11 mark) has been in a stable, yard or confined area.. especially the dystocias that come down to the equine hospital at uni. They don't lead them out into the middle of a paddock to do work on them mate.. most people keep their expectant mares somewhere where they can be easily monitored for the birth and where equipment/help is near at hand (i.e. not in the paddock).

I never said Steve had anything to do with horses I said old mate Bondi was acting like him, prancing around in a half squat position with his hands up.

Calm down people. If you start argue , fight and call your self names, I will stop this topic and issue infractions.
You are talking about TV show, not about real life.

Can I get special treatment and be able to call people names?

Seriously, does anyone really care that much either way?

The guy has done his training, has worked hard, and is qualified. He appears on TV, does things that may be different or incorrect (debatable) according to some of us sitting at home, but really, I'm sure we could criticise all vets in one way or another if what they did was taped.

Some hate him and some don't, but can't imagine why anyone cares that much!? How amusing.

PhilK....and copious others (tooooo many to name!) - I am sorry that you feel the way you do, and I am sorry that you have such a profoundly distasteful way of showing yourselves for what you are.

My vet practice does e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g.
Over a standard period of 3 months we would see the following.........
We treat lions, tigers, hippos, pigs, goats, sugar gliders, lemurs, wombats, sea turtles, dingoes, macropods, cockatiels, macaws, GTP's, BHP's, koalas, elapids, horses, chooks, dogs, cats, dingoes, cassowarys, guinea pigs, and cows !!

Seriously - do some of you even read or think about what you type?

As to those who have already had a go - picking on one guy, in one TV show is like picking on a GP for not knowing how to do a kidney transplant on the back of his ute.

And all the previous negative statements regarding this one man - completely and utterly subscribe to my personal belief that most Aussies are an ignorant bunch of armchair idiots who will comment on 2 flies crawling up a wall and consequently derive enormous fulfillment from it.

Would it not be prudent to lock this thread before more lay-people and other assorted know-it-alls make fools of themselves ??

Last edited:

So you also treat illegal exotics even though there are no known quarantine or vetinary sterilization practices to avoid unknown viruses etc. that exist in reptiles from all around the world?

I think the content of the thread could be simplified into saying females think he is hot and most people without that bais think the show is rubbish and hes a show pony.

Last edited:
I think the content of the thread could be simplified into saying females think he is hot and most people without that bais think the show is rubbish and hes a show pony.
Bingo

PhilK....and copious others (tooooo many to name!) - I am sorry that you feel the way you do, and I am sorry that you have such a profoundly distasteful way of showing yourselves for what you are.

Over a standard period of 3 months we would see the following.........
We treat lions, tigers, hippos, pigs, goats, sugar gliders, lemurs, wombats, sea turtles, dingoes, macropods, cockatiels, macaws, GTP's, BHP's, koalas, elapids, horses, chooks, dogs, cats, dingoes, cassowarys, guinea pigs, and cows !!
What? Which practice? I will come and do my practical rotations there next year as that sounds out of control.. please PM me the name of your practice so I can put my application in.

Do you seriously think his inner Bondi practice does that?

Seriously - do some of you even read or think about what you type?

As to those who have already had a go - picking on one guy, in one TV show is like picking on a GP for not knowing how to do a kidney transplant on the back of his ute.

And all the previous negative statements regarding this one man - completely and utterly subscribe to my personal belief that most Aussies are an ignorant bunch of armchair idiots who will comment on 2 flies crawling up a wall and consequently derive enormous fulfillment from it.

Would it not be prudent to lock this thread before more lay-people and other assorted know-it-alls make fools of themselves ??
Why is it so very important for people like you that everybody agrees with your opinion? Can't you deal with the fact that some of us don't like him without assuming that somehow reflects on the people we are? Ridiculous.

Sigh.
cris.....
If you need some advice from an AQIS accredited veterinarian regarding "quaratine" ( I believe the word is quarantine) - then I suggest you get googling. Actually, the AQIS website will give you some very good information on import/export protocols to-and-from all sorts of countries - and from there you can possibly do a little bit of readng about various zoonotic diseases and the import restrictions in place in Australia to "avoid unknown viruses that exist in reptiles from all around the world."

Did I mention my practice also has two AQIS veterinarians?
Don't believe I did, sorry, silly of me to assume that when I say everything - I mean everything.

By "vetinary" - do you mean "veterinary"?.....and by "sterilation" do you mean "sterilisation?".....and with regard to sterilisation, do you mean sterilising a dog or a cat, guinea pig or rabbit - or do you mean using a well known product such as F10 which sterilises pathogens.

Would you care to extrapolate to the wider herp fraternity and myself your obvious knowledge regarding "unknown viruses" and what we should be looking out for if we meet one ?

I think that the content of the (whole) thread could be simplified into saying that most people without bias (and a decent grip on reality) think the show is a show.

How about you grow up and stop debating spelling? It doesn't make you seem smart, just makes you look immature.

Also please tell me the name of your practice as it sounds out of this world.. Do you own this practice? You seem very knowledgeable indeed, what are your qualifications if any? ... but then you are just another anonymous face sitting behind a computer, so who knows what the truth is, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back