Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha Jason so I wasn't the only one questioning the size of the woma the so called father.

Haha Jason so I wasn't the only one questioning the size of the woma the so called father.

Nope, Ill try and get a few shots of my adult 'pygmy wa womas' ;) with something for comparison, they easily get to 4.5ft and 2kg. Actually, while they are smaller than NT's, its not a big difference. I have yearling boodaries bigger than that 'fully grown adult'... haha!
Yes they breed small, but so do all other pythons. i think ill pair my 5ft coastals and sell there offspring as pygmy's also!

haha.... the roughy wasn't actually for sale at the show it was just a good deal between mates and yes those 'pygmy' woma's were amazing but looked alot like bodarie woma's to me.............but that's just be me... and the owner........ and a few others in the know lol

i was going to set up a stall............just to short notice for me personally.
But, we all must congratulate the people running the show.
Its easy to critisize, but to get off your butt and actually have a go is not a easy thing.
It will only get better and bigger in years to come, and the 1 day schedule is a lot better IMO.
Aleks.

Happy raptor, what morphs are you referring to? Would you bring the one and only Albino spotted they have at this stage?

Last edited:
I thought it was pretty good especially the turn out, allot of people in that area were keen to get their license, everywhere i turned there was someone asking for the form.
I don't understand why saying it was a let down makes you feel better.. if your gonna be rude & negative about it, don't bother coming to any of the herp society expo's, or any by that matter - as they're similar to having a few key reptile chains, up to 10-15 breeders & some enclosure/set up stalls...
Most people value the social catch up aspect, in which Im glad I went. Never expect to buy anything or nor do I get disappointed about range of snakes for sale, why would I want left overs?!
It was quite busy at the start, lots of children running around, but calmed down at 2:30pm - lots to buy / see. Really wanted a black blue tongue, had many there...maybe when they go down in price ..lol
I saw a guy yell at a child that just walked within half a metre of the cockatoo, yelling "IT WONT BE TOO HAPPY, IT WILL BITE!!!!" lol The kid was prob. traumatised like someone said before hahaha - But yeah he had it lifting a energy v can which everyone gathered to take photos of.. *i did...* lol
Food Selection was the better than any other expo I've been to - had a cafe with everything + 2 sausage sizzles, one outside one in outdoor area - (which is main priority) lol - but yeah...no coffee.. - max brenner 2 min away tho lol
Reptiles were a little pricey but that only makes it better for me to sell my own,
also I have about 20 purple bags in my car - might have a party with the balloons.

man some people hate on these expos and whinge they are a let down,i dont know what it is you expect from an expo but what ever it is go orginise your own one see if you can do any better

Its been my experience - with school P & C, kids sport etc, that the people who whinge the loudest about how things are done, are generally the ones who are not willing to lift a finger to do anything or get involved ;)

Good job with the Expo. It takes a lot to get one up and going.

I thought its was good, but I was just hoping to see a JAG, just because I havent seen one in person.

Everything was really cheap too.

I thought the expo was very well done and there were enouigh animals to entice the majoring of buyers out there

The expo was pretty good, some nice animals there, an anteresia with a double dorsal stripe, quite a few perthensis too. The Sunburst was pretty hot. Picked up a female amyae, so happy with that. No vens there though? Plenty of BHPs on offer out there.

You have to remember that many of the 'self rightious'who were major players in the frog and reptile show boycotted this one. They have committed suicide anyway putting it on with the easter show, no one can sell it is just for PR.
Seriously? Saw a few of 'em out there. Stimmo even had his own stall out there promoting the other expo.
And I don't see why a bit of PR for the hobby is a bad thing. The Easter Show thing is only for this year anyway, apparently.

I couldn't be happier with the $300 RSP i got, she's a little champ!
Jason, who had the roughies? I didn't see any out there. Asked SR about them but apparently they only have 2 feeding at the moment, so aren't releasing any of their stock yet (fair enough)

Last edited:
I thought the expo was EXCELLENT,
The venue is fantastic.
Well done Adrian and Daniel!
Cheers,
Stimmo

Adrian and Daniel, you have done a great job, treat the whingers like a junk mail and do it again next year. Congrats!

Oh, thanks for the green t-shirt. lol

I think the show was great for its first time in operation, great exposure and their was a good turn out even if some didnt show up.

It can only get better!

Well done Adrian and Adam,

I thought it was good.My only problem was looking at animal stalls with the crowd.I believe instead of dividing the crowded livestock areas from the less crowded product stalls mix them up together and spread them out a bit.There seemed to be a bit of extra space down the back where the products were.

I volunteered there and helped setting up. When I asked why they were separated like that I was told it was a legal thing that you couldn't have retailers and breeders selling in the "same place". Does anyone know if this is true?

Albino's are pretty darn common now and are becoming quite cheap, i really hope they were not the most interesting animals at the expo

Unfortunately yeah they were. Supposedly there was meant to be an albino mac and/or possibly a leucistic mac but otherwise the albino Darwins and a single GTP were the most interesting there

Adrian and Daniel, you have done a great job, treat the whingers like a junk mail and do it again next year. Congrats!

Oh, thanks for the green t-shirt. lol

Agreed. They were pretty stressed at times but think they did a really good job in the end. Were you volunteering there as well Waterrat? Which one were you?
By the way I just noticed the picture for this month in my APS calendar is yours (only took a couple of weeks to notice). Nice job it's a great pic

Last edited:
Were you volunteering there as well Waterrat? Which one were you?
By the way I just noticed the picture for this month in my APS calendar is yours (only took a couple of weeks to notice). Nice job it's a great pic

I wasn't volunteering, I just attended like everybody else. The green shirt was a gift from Adrian.
Thanks for the compliment on my photo and the silent reminder to hang up the calendar. lol

Happy raptor, what morphs are you referring to? Would you bring the one and only Albino spotted they have at this stage?

I doubt they only have 1 albino spotted in existence when they breed at such a young age. Only 1 adult...maybe?
They would not be letting hets go until they had proven the line and produced other albinos...otherwise they could not sell them as hets.

They also have albino Olives, Darwins, Bluetongues and ??? Not to mention all of their other cool locale stuff. I think it would have added a lot to their stand and the show if such a large breeder could have had some of their nicer adult animals on display.

As I said, I think the show was a great success overall and I also managed to pick up a great new little animal for my collection at a bargain price...thanks Bryce :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back