Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a belly button :) sorry JandC i couldn't resist

That is a pretty cool looking snake :/

I should say that isn't my snake nor is it in Australia but it is to demonstrate that hybrids can be exceptionally beautiful animals in their own right.

hybrid is a word you either love or hate, apart from that it's the name given to any reptile that is cross bred,

Mmm, yes it is definitely a love em or hate em situation.

Hey guys, can we NOT turn this into another boring 'to cross breed or not not cross breed thread' please?! If you must go off topic, at least go for something a little less overdone - a natural incubation versus artificial incubation, for example.

I, for one, was interested in the original topic and was hoping to see what sensible suggestions were on offer ... and also want to know how the story eventually ends. By the way Bundy5, what exactly did you mean by tried to steal the eggs? To eat?

I assume that, since you still don't know the sex of Dharma, last year's clutch weren't pure Carpets (not that I care either way!). And was this Bundy's first clutch? From what I understand, 25 hatchlings from a first clutch is rather impressive, is it not? Sounds like a pretty good argument for natural incubation to me. Either way, you're doing something right.

Cheers,
Nic

Steve if you dont know the difference between breeding pure snakes or hybrids and what it can and will do to the hobby in the future, then i give up. (rolls eyes).

I opened my eyes and had a look and what i saw looked [deleted]. Seen nicer pure carpets and pure daimonds.

Last edited by a moderator:
How could anyone not like the look of this ?
Germanchondro.jpg

hi rob, i've been waiting for you to visit,

good to see your giving up rob, best news i've had for years,

i've seen nicer pure carpets and pure diamonds also, ( see we can be friends if we are both honest ) and i didn't say mine were nicer then pure ones, what i said was mine aren't ugly and rob your eyes need fixing if you say different,

buy the way rob, i do know the difference in breeding pure reptiles and hybrids, i've bred both, have you?

and why have you only replyed with my name rob, what about the other members, has it anything to do with the fact that i don't cower in the corner when you speak, getting a little personal aren't you, didn't know that i was the only member that couldn't have an opinion without you always attacking me,
you must be so lonely rob, or i really must get under your skin, so please keep your comments directed at me to yourself, i'm totally over you rob, go find another member to have a go at,

love you rob, but i'm not interested anymore.............

Oh, I didn't realise you guys had broken up :/

But anyway, that snake is ugly, it doesn't look real, looks like someone has painted it or something.

That snake is ugly ?? Are your contact lenses in inside out ? ;-) Just joking, each to their own.

It is ugly :p Like a paint job done by someone on acid.

I'd rather a snake a bit more natural looking.

That is a really interesting looking animal

I guess one major issue with them is once you have a hybrid, is then what do you mate it with.

Man you could really end up with some 5th generation mix

ad, how could you even say freeze the offspring for the good of the hobby. People have crossbreds horses, and dogs, and have produced the most gorgeous, nice natured animals ever. If you dont like hybrids thats your opinion. I say good on you Bundy, you doing something very right if youve managed to get her to lay 2 years. Dont listen to what anyone says about hybrids. Id remove the other 2 snakes in the enclosure, and let her go about her parenting duties. Wel done about the eggs. Also i dont think that snake in the picture was ugly but it wasnt BEAIUTIFUL either. Each to their own. :)

Question for you all, (and back on the original topic), it was asked of me and I didn't know the answer, could the other coastal, Dharma, be possibly stealing the eggs, as a female, or trying to do away with a contenders successful clutch, as a male.

Can any of the experienced breeders out there shed some light on this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back