Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey thenothing, whats happened to you mate, check back a couple pages and you said you liked boas hybrid pic, now since the king has entered the room you have cowered down and changed your mind, come on mate, at least stick with one side,

Hi, thanks for your opionions. Last years baby's were not planned at all, i was told by the reptile park that they probably wouldn't hatch, but they did. They were donated to the park. I kept one. I should have built the new cage then & there but everbody said it probably wouldn't happen again so i got slack. It is being built as we speak. I'm not very impressed with myself as i'm not keen on crossbreading. My last clutch were cross. We don't know the sex of Dharma to explain more what she/he is doing, She/he started by pushing Bundy with head, this went on for a while then she wrapped herself around Bundy & started shivvering. Bundy was a bit stressed out, Dharma was very annoyed at being removed. I know the leggo box is not a great tempory solution, but it's working for now. I am constantly checking the temp underneath. I love my snakes and would never do anything to harm them, even though i may seem a bit irresponsible now.

I guess one major issue with them is once you have a hybrid, is then what do you mate it with.

Man you could really end up with some 5th generation mix

not sure about others, but i have a pair from the same clutch, IF i breed them it will be to each other,

I don't want to sound harsh but you aren't keen on crossbreeds so you left them all in together for another season ?

Bundy, Dharma sounds like she is trying to incubate them too, not pinch them.

Was/is Dharma gravid ?

Dharma the other carpet who's sex is not know has bullied, harrased, & tried to steal her eggs.

Exactly how has she tried doing this?

If a python is brooding eggs in a hide then any cage mates will come in and rest on top of her(or the eggs if she's absent), but they dont have any interest in the eggs.

hey thenothing, whats happened to you mate, check back a couple pages and you said you liked boas hybrid pic, now since the king has entered the room you have cowered down and changed your mind, come on mate, at least stick with one side,

LOL

I liked the first one, the second one looks awful. And, I don't even know who you're talking about, so, tell me - who am I cowering from?

If you look at what I said, I said the snake looked good, but real GTPs look better. GTPs are beautiful snakes, so why wouldn't the hybrid look nice?

Pure snakes look better than hybrids, just like a pure bred Golden Retreiver looks 100% better than a Golden Retreiver crossed with a bull dog.

Whoops :) Read the other post. I'm surprised they'd take them. They would probably cull.

no worries thenothing, my mistake mate, i disagree with you, but i respect that you have the right to your opinion, just like i'm aloud my opinion.............. i just don't know how anybody can say that have never say an ugly pure snake????
because i've seen a few i think are ugly......................

Now the interesting thing is that the first one, that you like, is a GTP x Coastal but the second one that looks awful is a pure GTP.

I liked the first one, the second one looks awful.

QUOTE]

Thats very interesting
wonder why its colouration was that way, a few generations of work put in there

pmsl boa, i remember that pic now, it is pure isn't it,

just goes to show i was right again.............

Well, if that is pure, it's hardly your standard GTP now is it?

My point was that natural looks better. If you think that snake looks natural there's something wrong with your head.

Yeah from what I understand it just came out fairly normal and has been changing ever since.

Thats very interesting
wonder why its colouration was that way, a few generations of work put in there

I didn't say it was 'natural' I said it was pure.

Well, if that is pure, it's hardly your standard GTP now is it?

My point was that natural looks better. If you think that snake looks natural there's something wrong with your head.

steve do you have a bigger pic of that one in your avatar?

The point of posting that photo is it shows how peoples preconceived ideas can cloud their judgement. People were expecting a hybrid so reacted accordingly. It doesn't bother me in the slightest what people thing of them to be quite honest, there are real things to worry about in this world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back