Feeding time again for Scrubby

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joemal

Reaction score
IMAG0255.jpgIMAG0253.jpgIMAG0252.jpgIMAG0251.jpgIMAG0256.jpg

Scrubby eating again .She was fed a 1.2 kg chook last Sunday and i had an 800 gram one for the Olive yesterday and she didn't want it so instead of throwing it out i offered it to Scrubby .The Scrub was that excited about getting another meal she almost fell out of her cage to get it .So in one week she has polished off 2kgs of chicken .Who said they aren't eating machines .

Man what a machine. Damn she is beautiful Joe. I love their patterning

crazy! i gave my olive a 1kg guinnea pig!!! took a while and has been a week and its still in there :) nice scrub

how big is scrubby.what type of snake is scrubby

i wonder how big the enclosure has to be to keep one in. i have seen a show on foxtel python hunters they look around for released pet pythons and some that escape from a wharehouse that got hit by a hurricane andrew that are now breeding and getting bigger and now they are monitoring the damage to the native animals. one of the guys has boa's giant pythons etc & there about 20 feet long and the cages are not that big

bucket.......there is another thread on that python hunter show and a scrubby is a scrub python ( Morelia Amethistina)

lovely specimens as usual stephen

gee theyre beautiful snakes those scrubs, their pattern is amazing! (wish they came in pygmy versions, lol,..)

what size enclosure you got that snake in ?

She's in a 2.4 long X 800 high X 600 wide .She seems quite content in it .She like all my snakes spend quiet a bit of time out of their enclosures so size doesn't seen to bother them .As she gets bigger she will eventually go into a large outside enclosure .

is that the air tube i can see in the second and third pics?

is that the air tube i can see in the second and third pics?

Yeah it is Chris. I see it when I feed my woma a big rat. It's so tempting to close the 'hole' and see what they do..I've never done it before tho..:)

Hi Joe, Seeing as you get your scrubbies out often, what are their temperaments? Although they may have a bad rep I'm sure that with the right attention they would have to turn out to be good handlers no? especially if they were handled from young. I love the fact they get so big, and the colouration is sweet!

Cheers Dave

Hi Joe, Seeing as you get your scrubbies out often, what are their temperaments? Although they may have a bad rep I'm sure that with the right attention they would have to turn out to be good handlers no? especially if they were handled from young. I love the fact they get so big, and the colouration is sweet!

Cheers Dave

She can't be trusted Dave .She can turn on you in the blink of an eye .The pics and videos of her only show her nice side .At the size she is now she knows she has the upper hand over me and will only get worse as she gets older and bigger .Love her to bits though even with her nasty dark side .Give them a healthy dose of respect and you can't go wrong .Become complacent and you will pay for the mistake .I have lost my fair share of blood to her .They are a good snake at conning you into a false sense of security and that is when you have problems other than that they are an intelligent and ureal snake to own .There are keepers on here and out there that have placid ones and yeah sometimes i wish i had one like that but hey in every breed you get the good with the bad .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back