Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
whats it worth???

"bout 5 grand"

"5000 GRAND!!!!!!!!:shock::shock::shock: your an idiot!"

and

"i know where theres heaps of them, will the pet shop buy them?"

whats it worth???

"bout 5 grand"

"5000 GRAND!!!!!!!!:shock::shock::shock: your an idiot!"

and

"i know where theres heaps of them, will the pet shop buy them?"

Hahaha I get that one alot too :lol:

**shows friend beardie in tank** friend says "omg how do you hold him?.. is'nt he poisonous he has spikes like that puffer fish"...

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I've had so many friends ask me:

"is it poisonous?"

When I respond with:

"Don't worry, I'm not planning to eat it"

They just stare blankly.

That's such a dad joke, I am SO using it next time. Usually it's the

''is it poisonous?''

''It's a python''

''yeah but is it poisonous?''

I was positive that it's common knowledge that pythons are not poisonous.

I caught one do you want it?
Do they glow? <---- yepp, been asked that...

Do you think perhaps they were thinking like with scorpions under blacklights? That's the first thing that came to my mind.

"why do you have to thaw the rats, wouldn't it be easier to feed them frozen " :shock:

You mean I've been eating my frozen dinners wrong all this time?! :shock:

That kind of reminds me of another thing, when people ask what do I feed him and I say I use frozen rats or quails, people seem to always assume I actually feed them to him FROZEN, and I'm always being 'corrected'.

Another thing that kind of dumbfounded me was when someone asked me (when I'd ran out of food for my Monty boo) if perhaps I could feed him some hard boiled eggs... :|

A third-grader during one of the snake talks I give in Taiwanese elementary schools: "How do those little vipers get those big frogs down the gullet? Do they shove 'em in with their tails?"

That's why I give these talks :)

My friend asked how much I paid for "Barrie"...my Stimmie. I said...about, 450...she thought I meant $4.50.....gee that's cheap she says. NO....I said, $450.00.....OH she says !!!! But then I explained that people pay more money for dogs and cats, it made sense to her. :)

ive had people freak out when the snake flicks its tounge cause they thought that they "sting" you with their tounge... one question i've had is "can you train them to poo in 1 place?"

Not so much a question as a conversation

Me: I got my first python on the weekend and he bit me!!
Friend: How long were you in hospital for? You could have died!!
Me:...Sorry?
Friend: How much anti-venom stuff did you have to have?
Me: What? Python's aren't venomous
Friend: Yes, they are, all snakes are venomous

I then had to explain that pythons are not venomous etc

I get a lot of questions/comments from the students who visit us.
"Don't act scared because it can smell your fear and it'll bite you"
"Snakes chase you"
and the python lying beside a friend of there's 'sizing' them up to eat.
But the best one I got was from a lady at work who wanted to know if they have a brain.
My mother-in-law OFTEN asks if mine are venomous. Every time I tell her they're not and each time she follows that with, "Not at all? Not just a little bit?"

ive had the ,,,how do you know its not venomous ,pythons cross breed with vens so they still look like pythons but can kill ya ,haahaa yea i know , what tha ??? haahaa:p:p

Some of my more stupid mates amuse themsleves by making my treesnakes strike, i tell them to put some chicken necks in their pants and walk in the spencers enclosure if they want to witness a feeding reaction...

Sorry thats not a funny question, a funny question would be is venom, poison?

'is it poisionus'---' how do you hold it, i see steve irwin pick them up by the tail!'----'did you know....( some crappy untrue fact)----' how much did it cost? anwser:$$$ ' OMFG! that is such a rip off! just go into the bush and get one'----'OMG its slimy! -___- no its not....'---- 'what do they feel like'----' does it sleep with you (shock)!!!----'whts the most place it hurts when it bit u??? anwser: it didn't hurt, my snake is the size of a large worm 'but its got fangs!!!! it will like sink into your skin and u'd have to pull it off and it will like rip your skin and you'd be in alot of pain, also its poisionus..." idiot!

its funny when people hear i keep them in my bedroom, they instantly ask "What if it gets out and eats you while your sleeping ?!", i hate explaining obvious stuff, so nowadays i just pretend i dont hear most the nonsense that comes out from them. ;)

its funny when people hear i keep them in my bedroom, they instantly ask "What if it gets out and eats you while your sleeping ?!", i hate explaining obvious stuff, so nowadays i just pretend i dont hear most the nonsense that comes out from them. ;)

not so far fetched, i also keep all my snakes in my bedroom, one day i upgraded my blonde macs to new tubs and didnt realise the gap betweent the lid. the female got out and i didnt know she was missing as she must ahve got out when i went to bed. at about 4.00am i felt something sharp on my chin, turns out the blone mac got out at night, climbed up my bed and bit my face. wierd or what? i alwasy remember my nan saying "dont keep snakes in your room theyll get out and bite you". i always said that they catn get out and even if it did it wouldnt bite me. LOL

im sure everyone gets this question but it hasnt been noted.

But why do you have snakes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back