Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You got to admit things are crazy though. I can get jaguars for £100 or less; by you they may go for a couple of grand (or more). There seems that there can be more money to be made in smuggling animals into and out of your country than can be earned from smuggling drugs. Worst of all is this is simply down to your wildlife import/export regulations!

I may be seeing things here all wrong but if you Government were to get onto this one it could earn
a fortune in taxes on exporting AU captive bred animals (birds, reptiles, fish, mammals) together with what it could make on regulating chosen imports which it could also make a few quid on taxes too.

ps. I fully appreciate why you would not want to import mongrels seeing as your habitats would encourage escapees to flourish and become pests so maybe that part is a no go :oops: but eh send us some nice albino Darwin's at rock bottom prices please (you can even have the ashes).
I could have you shot, for that last statement...

hmmm interesting cockney its funny its statements like that that cause international members to leave APS therefore taking there herp keeping experiences and knwledge with them
He meant the statement about the Ashes :rolleyes:

profilepic15888_5.gif

Ah I thought I had seen this picture before :rolleyes:

Welcome at :: Morelia-spilota.com ::

be interesting to see down the line what albino bredli jag x Darwins look like..

Crosses are funny things. I have no problem admitting some look stunning, and are quite beautifully patterned snakes.. but for every one nice one, there is 10 very average, muddy looking snakes. For example almost every jungle/diamond cross looks pretty much the same or worse than a jungle or diamond...

I want to know what happens to the 8/10 hatchlings in a clutch that don't turn out beautiful...

I am of the belief that as long as they are sold as what they are, not pawned off as pure, crossbreeding really isn't that much of an issue.

Some nice photos here!

I would imagine the 8/10 "muddy"ones get sold off as pets to people who don't really care about locality. However the seems to be quite a few experienced keepers also looking to get them.

Granite aside, the majority of these so called mongrels
at the end of the day are just morph short cuts.

No the granite isn't a hybrid.

Oh, i didn't think it was.. yet its in a mongrel thread, so typical.

I better add a crazy morph photo.. to prove mongrels are stunning :lol:

CJ1-1.jpg

Granite aside, the majority of these so called mongrels
at the end of the day are just morph short cuts.

Oh, i didn't think it was.. yet its in a mongrel thread, so typical.

I better add a crazy morph photo.. to prove mongrels are stunning :lol:

CJ1-1.jpg

That's actually a mongrel morph as it is an IJ jaguar and therefore has IJ & Coastal blood together with the jaguar mutation. This one pattern aside has got a right dodgy looking noggin :rolleyes:

im just wondering why fay hasnt taken those offensive photos off the thread yet?

no not the snakes!!!!!

Another one of my mongrels (not a morph) ;)

DSC00477.jpg

DSC00484.jpg

DSC00486.jpg

+ photos from last Dec - he has bulked up a fair bit since then :)

good looking snake diamondgeeza, nice head patten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back