Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My big WA girl had her prelay shed this afternoon. The RHD girl shouldn't be far off either. It's getting close now!!

Where are the pics Squinty?! I love seeing swollen womas!

Here's my girl again.
- Her abdomen is curled protectively and very firm;
- She has been repeatedly basking in this spot which is the warmest place on the floor (above the heater for the enclosure below);
- She refuses to climb up to her favourite branch or shelf;
- She is ignoring the male.
If this isn't ovulation, I'll eat her last slough!
DSC04113.jpg

I put the male in this evening just in case. She obviously told him to nick off. He was in the extreme opposite end of the enclosure hanging out. When not ovulating/gravid, she usually hangs around on that shelf....
DSC04116.jpg

Hopefully she is gravid. I want one lol Best of luck
Everything looks good, but you can't count them until they hatch... I got a nice surprise with the twins last year, so high hopes for this year, too. She is right on schedule doing everything right. You will be one of the first to see photos of the hatchies, Daniel. Be warned - they look like shiny pink worms before the first slough!

Daniel. Be warned - they look like shiny pink worms before the first slough!
Thats alright, I love the changes you see with new hatchies after they shed. Thats what I love so much about my diamond she changes so much after every shed. My male albino is in shed again. It is really hard to tell when they are in shed as they look completely normal. The main give away is he won't eat.

Here you go pythonmum!!

Its not the best photo but its the one that shows the lumps the most!!

P1010008.jpg

That's what I'm talking about! She looks like someone stuck a bicycle pump in her mouth and inflated her. Looks like you will have a lovely clutch there, but I must feel sorry for the poor dear. It was bad enough carrying one large offspring when it was my turn, but these snakes put out a much greater effort with their clutches in terms of body mass to clutch ratio.

She really does look lumpy all over. It looks uncomfortable. Poor dear. How could i do such a thing to her?? LOL

Now to wait for the RHD girl to shed. They went milky 1 day apart, and then the same for going clear again. So hopefully she sheds in the next day or so. She is nowhere near as lumpy as this girl is though.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

This one should be the second girl to lay in about 2 weeks. This pic is post pre-lay:)

This one is due 11th of August:)

Gday Mick,
I have missed the pictures you had up mate, any chance of sending me a email?
good luck mate cheers

Well, our first female laid today......right on her expected due date:)
She was paired this season with our Brilliant white/gold High Contrast male. Both these two adults have produced reduced patterned and high contrast offspring previously with other adults, this is the first time these two have been paired but i expect high contrast and reduced patterned offspring from this clutch!
Good luck to all!

Last edited:
Looking good orientalis!!My RHD girl has had her prelay and the WA girl is getting bigger and bigger.

Thanks guy's......yes, nice start to this season.....next clutch is in a couple days time:)
Squinty.....good to hear, i bet you are eggcited:)
Albs.......he is stunning in the flesh;)

These female olives are looking good.

Attachments

• Het F.jpg
    Het F.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 120
  • Olive F.jpg
    Olive F.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 112
Some great looking mums to be in this thread.

Here's one of my gravid albino girls in with her boyfriend, his other girlfriend had her prelay last weekend.

Cheers,
Al

Attachments

• DSCN0065.JPG
    DSCN0065.JPG
    377.7 KB · Views: 230
Some great looking mums to be in this thread.

Here's one of my gravid albino girls in with her boyfriend, his other girlfriend had her prelay last weekend.

Cheers,
Al

That's a awesome pair of albino. Your very lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back