Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frustration

Reaction score
Hey...
i havent really been follow the GTP market recently...
but i just noticed URS are selling there juveniles for 1400 each...
and last i remember they were up around 7000
im just wondering what has lead to such a dramatic price drop...
and if they will continue to drop even further over the next few years...
or if these prices are simply because of the quality of the snakes...
any information would be great...
(the other explanation is my mind is completely shot and the prices have never been that high, seems to be the more likely situation)
thanks

Hey...
i havent really been follow the GTP market recently...
but i just noticed URS are selling there juveniles for 1400 each...
and last i remember they were up around 7000
im just wondering what has lead to such a dramatic price drop...
and if they will continue to drop even further over the next few years...
or if these prices are simply because of the quality of the snakes...
any information would be great...
(the other explanation is my mind is completely shot and the prices have never been that high, seems to be the more likely situation)
thanks

i have also been looking at these tonight and i saw the URS animals (great bargain) most private breeders have theyre gtps at 3-3.5k each i will be looking at buying a pair or two at the end of this year (1 pair at the 2+k each mark and 2 pair if i can get them for under 2k per animal)

hmm are different colorations deecreasing at the same rate? i know you can get reds and blues but are these getting cheaper as fast or is it just the standard yellow GTP thats decreasing at a great rate?

arent the reds and blues emerald tree boas ... ? or can you get that in GTPs aswell...
ive heard about blue ones before... and ive also heard of GTPs being worth up to 60 000 ...
im not sure if this is just a myth or a ridiculously good looking snake...

arent the reds and blues emerald tree boas ... ? or can you get that in GTPs aswell...QUOTE]

im pretty sure that you can get them red as hatchlings but then they go through a color change just like yellows, not sure if hey change to the same green or maby a darker green then most...

wow... that would be spectacular
if anybody has had one of those...
i would love to see some images...
and if they are any trouble to care for... i would be happy to take them off you hands for your... free of charge

wow... that would be spectacular
if anybody has had one of those...
i would love to see some images...
and if they are any trouble to care for... i would be happy to take them off you hands for your... free of charge

They hatch as red, then go yellow, then green. Well, I'm pretty sure that's how it goes.

I know people don't like using others' images, but it's not illegal so I'm going to do it anyway >.>

GreenTreePythonBabyBiakIsland003.JPG

(David Barkasy, Silver City Serpentarium)

40318Verdioutside-med.jpg

(newherpaddict, Kingsnake)

i think that red one is boa... may need some confirmation though...
does anyone else think that is a GTP... because i honestly never knew they came in red when they were juvinilles ...

NEVER MIND... its a GTP...
but do we get that kind of thing in australia ?

AH... that makes more sense...
it is a very stunning snake though...

Looks like most of the Australian ones start as yellow and then turn green. The red ones are beautiful.

Fair use "allows limited use of copyrighted material without requiring permission from the rights holders, such as for commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching or scholarship."

I understand that you shouldn't just take people's work and claim it as your own, but using someone's photo to demonstrate something to people is fine.

Fair use "allows limited use of copyrighted material without requiring permission from the rights holders, such as for commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching or scholarship."

I understand that you shouldn't just take people's work and claim it as your own, but using someone's photo to demonstrate something to people is fine.

Its a very vague subject but yes fair use does apply... to a place of registered education. But a forum is also classed as public domain so things can get sketchy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back