Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a very vague subject but yes fair use does apply... to a place of registered education. But a forum is also classed as public domain so things can get sketchy

it comes with appropriate referencing, and the fact that he has submitted it to the domain of the public internet, and the fact that it was used for education purposes... i think A. he/she probably would be flattered or just wouldnt care and B. would be very shaky legal standing if they took it further (just going by what they allow for referencing in high schools, workplaces and universities)

honestly this is a GTP post not something to do with copyright laws. personly i would like more info on GTP's

haha sorry, the prices of all pythons and snakes have dropped dramatically in the last 5 years. i put it down to more people owning snakes. people back 5 years ago heard that breeding snakes was a good way to earn a buck and so they bought snakes that were as expensive as they dared go and took it from there, woma prices were massively affected by this also. simple supply vs demmand, there's way more product out there and fewer new people wanting to buy.

The Green Tree Python has some interesting information on different strains. from what i've read, native australians don't start out as red. URS is clearly a business, and can therefore sell for less due to their food and infrastructure setup. their adults look quite nice, and the young is a good size. and from research on the net and books, a lot of the private stock is priced higher as they are from established and "pure" bloodlines, not from random snakes held under the amnesty.

wow thats good info, never knew their where different localities of gtp. well you learn somthing new every day.

yeah, i've been looking at where mine came from, just waiting for some info from my breeder.

This must be the most ridiculous thread I have seen for a long time. People who know nothing about GTPs getting advice and comments from those who know even less. I just have to laugh.

"wow thats good info, never knew their where different localities of gtp. well you learn somthing new every day."
Orangesnake, if you're half smart, stop reading this nonsense because really, you aren't learning nothing here. That is, apart from wrong totally wrong information. I mean it.

This must be the most ridiculous thread I have seen for a long time. People who know nothing about GTPs getting advice and comments from those who know even less. I just have to laugh.

"wow thats good info, never knew their where different localities of gtp. well you learn somthing new every day."
Orangesnake, if you're half smart, stop reading this nonsense because really, you aren't learning nothing here. That is, apart from wrong totally wrong information. I mean it.

WOW :shock: rude much?? and here I thought the idea of forums was for others to help educate people, not to burst in criticising everyone.

How about instead of criticising, you give the advice that was asked for? I can only imagine that you would have an encyclopedia of knowledge stored away

WOW :shock: rude much?? and here I thought the idea of forums was for others to help educate people, not to burst in criticising everyone.

How about instead of criticising, you give the advice that was asked for? I can only imagine that you would have an encyclopedia of knowledge stored away

No not rude but infact 100% correct, This is another case of those not knowing anything of substance of what they are offering advice on!

No not rude but infact 100% correct, This is another case of those not knowing anything of substance of what they are offering advice on!

Well if you know that the advice is wrong, why not give the correct advie?

Constructive criticism vs. criticism???

I think waterrat hit the nail on the head with his statement, out of all the repliers so far i only know 2 in this thread with GTP.

I think people should used the search function for what is was intended. This type of question has be asked and answered a million times. No wonder the people that actually know about this particulary species make such comments.

I have done that and keep on doing that but on forum where I get "corrected" and commented on by experts like in this thread. Go to sticky " GTP essential info" on this site to see how much advice I have given. I never criticize people who don't know but I have a go at those who pretend or think they know.

I think waterrat hit the nail on the head with his statement, out of all the repliers so far i only know 2 in this thread with GTP.

I think people should used the search function for what is was intended. This type of question has be asked and answered a million times. No wonder the people that actually know about this particulary species make such comments.

Like I said before, if people with all the answers know the advice is wrong why not direct to another thread or correct the advice instead of just being critical?

Thats all im trying to say

Like I said before, if people with all the answers know the advice is wrong why not direct to another thread or correct the advice instead of just being critical?

Thats all im trying to say

The answers have been given many times by many authors. Laziness is a terrible disease. So is inability to read.

Yup way too often i see pepole giving advice , about an animal that they dont even own/or keep. If you dont own/ or never have owned the animal -Dont give advice on it .

your internet knowledge becomes almost instant expert overnight on the reptile forums as soon as you own any carpet. If you are already a bit up yourself, argumentative & like to fight on the internet like a retard then buying your first snake & getting involved in the hobby is deffinately your thing.

This thread reminds me soo much of the above quote I read yesterday in the "ultimate reptile ad" and "low sellers" threads. J/K :D

The answers have been given many times by many authors. Laziness is a terrible disease. So is inability to read.

Fair enough, so instead telling everyone they know nothing (which im not claiming to know anything or say the info in the thread is correct) you could simply say what you said in you last post.

" . . . . . . . Go to sticky " GTP essential info" . . . . . . . "

People could simply be giving advice they have been told which was originally wrong, they may not even realise the info they were givien is incorrect.

Yup way too often i see pepole giving advice , about an animal that they dont even own/or keep. If you dont own/ or never have owned the animal -Dont give advice on it .

I agree with this . . I just wanted to share an ironic story

The licensing guy in ACT doesn't own reptiles yet is able to tell people how to care for/house them. When he came to inspect my spotted python he asked is she was handled much I said yes and offered him a hold. He wasn't interested at all, in fact from his reactions I assumed he was even slightly scared. :shock:

Yup way too often i see pepole giving advice , about an animal that they dont even own/or keep. If you dont own the animal -Dont give advice on it .

Mate, it's (sometimes) not necessary to own the animal. Even after years of keeping, some owners still don't know much because they don't have the capacity to correctly interpret what they see and experience. Knowledge can come from different sources. I have never kept tree pit-vipers but because of my keen interest I learned a lot from lit. and talking to REAL experts.
What I am critical of is that many, particularly young people take reptile forums for a gospel and they think they're learning a lot. For those inexperienced, it's awful hard to sort out the good information from the bull.... posted by .... ah, you know!

I will agree with the "experts" on this one. When I started reading this thread I was thinking how little was know with the answers given! Now I'm not a gtp expert but I do my reasearch thoroughly before getting any animal. At current I have been reading the more complete chondro and getting some great advice there. Also countless magazine articles and looking at threads from the known gtp experts. There is alot to gtp! Infact many books dedicated that are hundreds of pages long. So all the info that you are after is slot more complicated than a simple post. If you are really interested in gtp invest in the books and literature and don't answer questions u have no idea about!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back