Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like to add my condolences Coiled. Wouldn't you love to get hold of the dog!
I know the following might not prove effective against a drug head with a gun and I hope I'm not out of line right now but if anyone would like tradesman built burgle proof locking enclosures eg powder coated 2mm steel or 3mm aluminium body (vented of course) and door frame enclosing 10mm toughened glass front, provision to mount to existing structure etc, they can pm me for a quote.
Bye, Steve.

Coils (Darren Boswell) wrote I can also tell you that my permit number which was posted as per SA law on the herp trader with my ad for 2 yearlings was the link that confirmed to the theif that I had the animals. The ad went up on the 3/10.

I thought you were on a 12 month self imposed quarantine??????????????
I feel very sorry for your wife & kids though!

KAMA KAMA KAMA

Green Tree Python. Just like BHP - Black Headed Python. GTS - Green Tree SNake.

Not a dumb question if you did'nt know it. Pays to ask.

OK folks, this is going off track. The only benefit to be gained here is to warn people that those animals MAY have been in quarantine and if they buy them then they MAY be in big trouble and not from the law. It migh tend up costing you a lot more than the purchase price of the snake. Especially if you own others!!

can anyone else say karma? though it would be a shame if other animals suffered due to possibly diseased animals being introduced into collections

Do say

OK folks, this is going off track. The only benefit to be gained here is to warn people that those animals MAY have been in quarantine and if they buy them then they MAY be in big trouble and not from the law. It migh tend up costing you a lot more than the purchase price of the snake. Especially if you own others!!

How is it going off track?

Theft happens all the time, why should the news of someone getting their snakes stolen at gunpoint deserve any more attention than other thefts? Hmm...

I cant see why this should be a post hosing Darren for selling his snakes. I cant believe that this happend to him because of Karma and I personally dont think that he needs to here from us that that is the reason that it happened. Isn't he going through enough at the moment?

If, however, there is in inkling of OPMV in the collection then lets let everyone know that the stolen GTP's may be inefected. Who'll buy them then???

Theft happens all the time, why should the news of someone getting their snakes stolen at gunpoint deserve any more attention than other thefts? Hmm...

Orsm (love teh avator btw), personally I would muich rather soemone steal my herps than some of my other things (as lang as they wer looked after). Te difference here is the use of a pistol. This is an armed robbery of herps. That doesn't happen too often. sure, armed robberies do, but this is a herp site, so we only discuss herp robberies if you know what I mean.

Also the person whas known to a few, and his wife and kids were tied up and held at gunpoint,,,, now THAT doesn't happen every day, at least not in australia, and not for reps :O

Are you serious

Anything that happens at the point of a gun deserves all the attention it deserves. Have you ever had a gun pointed at your person? I doubt it.

News stories are featured every day of our lives where someone has been held up and cash or goods taken. The fact that this case involves herps being taken is different and yes the news will grab at it. And why not.

P.S. Byt the way it's not theft. Theft is when you go into a shop or other premises and remove property unlawfully (that does not belong to you and for which payment has not been made.

This is aggravated robbery. The term will vary in every state. It traumatises those who are involved.

Not sure if you have your flame suit on but I'd get it ready.

Now are you serious

Orsm (love teh avator btw), personally I would muich rather soemone steal my herps than some of my other things .

Your other personal property can be insured. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't see G.I.O., RACV, AAMI etc etc covering our herps if they are stolen.

not to mention the sentimental value shamous.

Orsm perhaps you have never had a bpet for long enought o become emotionally attached to it. Snakes may not have much of a perosnality but I love mine like a member of the family.

I think you are being a little callous under the circumstances.

I actually think Papua New Guinea is Australias:)P ) closest neighbour - but I am just being pedantic :D

Of course ppl would have them, but I would say it certainly aint easy getting it there. MAF are pretty good, which is why NZ still doesn't have snakes and poisonous spiders (bar the Katipo) in numbers in the wild.

Sorry cutting in on this smugglers reign... But I don't know Kiwi dude.. I don't reckon MAF are that good... Customs have the most power in NZ followed by IRD then maybe Police... But I think properganda leads you to believe that MAF is good... Well, just the other day my daughter pulled plant material out of her poket which she inadvertantly smuggled out of NZ into Aussie. Ok, not her fault... But... Customs here and Customs there (NZ) would be much of a muchness.

My guess is for every one that gets caught there would be 18.3 that get through!

Hence, I agree, NZ would be a good place to smuggle too for snakes. However, climate, food sources and the unusual ability for someone to say something to someone else and not long the entire country knows, would mean that NZ is a difficult place to keep such animals.

On the other hand smuggling out of NZ - such as Tuatara, Kiwi and other exotic birds would be suprisingly easy when you go about in the right channels.

All I can say is there's a market and that's what needs to be stopped... If there's no market, there's no trade for smugglers and thieves alike.

I would say that the bigger market would be the Asian market - they probably want the GTP bones to make an aphrodisiac for some impotent wee man in Beijing.

This is my rant... over and out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back