Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: has anyone seen this yet??

hes done what he set out to do got you all going for nothing :lol:

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: has anyone seen this yet??

of course im aware Greebs need class 2 which means ive got 18 months i have a good friend who would hoold them till then who has got his class2.

Of course more than likely its a scam and there not legit, all im doin is tryin to get some facts off the dude like plenty more ppl here who probably emailed him.

Quick people your missing out on a bargin :roll: :roll: how could you honestly believe that :lol: :lol:

Reptiles CAN and have been legally imported. ARP and zoos do it, but the average punter wouldn't have the licenses or the quarantine setup required.

Once again lets just see what happens guys, no replies yet after the million emails i sent back to him but i will let yas know as will everyone else who also emailed him.

Once again lets just see what happens guys, no replies yet after the million emails i sent back to him but i will let yas know as will everyone else who also emailed him.

About the importation of reptiles to Australia. Yes it is possible if you are a zoo however most zoo will not import reptiles from overseas anymore due to the complex quarantine requirements. It can take years to finally get the snake by the time it has completed quarantine in the originating country and then here in australia.

If I am repeating what anyone else has said over the past 4 pages - sorry guys, can't be bothered reading them all!! lol

In his reply, he has mentioned that he 'regrets all of the ones that he lost in quarantine'. I would say that he has bought these ones over with him.
From what I know of AQIS rules in Aus, if you are MOVING TO AUST you can bring with you 1 of each species within reason. If he claimed that the PNG one was a diff species, he could have bought both of the parent snakies into Aus and bred them once he got here. <<Language removed>Warning do not swear in posts- APS_ADMIN>>, the mum could have been gravid already!!
Other than that, I will be interested to see if anyone posts piccies of their new aquisitions!! lol
Bex :)

A private individual cannot bring reptiles into the country...period. I tried to bring a Green Iguana and a Leopard tortoise that I had owned while in the UK. It cannot be done unless he is prepared to go through literally years of paperwork and quarantining which would cost a small fortune.

Moclobe said:
most zoo will not import reptiles from overseas anymore due to the complex quarantine requirements. It can take years to finally get the snake by the time it has completed quarantine in the originating country and then here in australia.

Actually, it's only three months quarantine overseas, then three months in quarantine in Australia in an approved zoo, then they are released from the zoo's quarantine facility onto display, but remain under Quarantine Surveillance for the next couple of years.

The Emerald Tree Boas that were picked up at the airport and went to Taronga (and later Melbourne) were to remain in quarantine for at least a year, because the source was not a zoo.

:p

Hix

Hix for most mammals you are correct with you statement however different animals have different requirements. I have just check the import requirement for reptiles on the icon database and i quote "Biosecurity Australia has not developed import conditions for this animal and as such AQIS cannot facilitate your import."

fingers crossed. i hope someone brings down the price of these beautiful snakes! 5 grand is just stupid but as long as people will pay it i guess breeders will charge it!
I dare say if the price becomes reasonable thefts will drop significantly too. IMO

RE: Re: RE: has anyone seen this yet??

Pics or it didnt happen. (thats for you huggy )
Thanks Al....LOL

I have also heard the guy is running an add wanting some GTPs.......go figure. Can't remember where the add was though. :?

RE: Re: RE: has anyone seen this yet??

If it sounds to good to be true - you can bet ya life it isn't

boa said:
A private individual cannot bring reptiles into the country...period. I tried to bring a Green Iguana and a Leopard tortoise that I had owned while in the UK. It cannot be done unless he is prepared to go through literally years of paperwork and quarantining which would cost a small fortune.

I think this ad is a scam of some sort or just someone taking the urine.

But what are the laws with bringing Australia native reptiles purchased and owned overseas into Australia if you are moving here? Do they treat it the same as if it's exotics?

Like if these greens are 'deemed Aussies', and depending who you believe there are some PNG's x Iron Range ones in Australia for sale that are 'deemed Australian', wonder if that would make it different? Do the same import laws still stand with importing native Australian wildlife from overseas?

Thanks for all the emails but all the GTPs are now sold.
I may have some White Lipped pythons available soon for around the same price.

yeah i had wondered that, like why on earth could you not import an aussie animal??? but im assuming importing is not allowed cos of the diseases we could import that we dont have here. so regardless of whether its an aussie or exotic it could still have caught something over there that we either dont have or dont have much of here :?

im pretty sure ive heard some people on here say that they've had to leave their herps behind overseas when they came to live in oz :(

It makes no difference whether the reptile is Australian or exotic, they are not allowed to be imported by private individuals, they can only be imported through the post with no quarantine at all. :)

Moclobe said:
Hix for most mammals you are correct with you statement however different animals have different requirements. I have just check the import requirement for reptiles on the icon database and i quote "Biosecurity Australia has not developed import conditions for this animal and as such AQIS cannot facilitate your import."

That's what it says under "Reptiles, pets, live" which is what conditions for personal imports come under.

Check out "Reptiles - excluding crocodilians, live" for the zoo import conditions.

:p

Hix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back