Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stale air isn't good for anything - plant, human or animal - I would find somewhere else other than your wardrobe if it means having to shut the doors every night

:( I dont have too, Just looks a bit better, what about shutting one? and keeping one open? My room has one wall that is just a massive window door thing I call it the sail door as when its open u can sail in my bedroom on a windy day, So the airs very fresh and has a strong push if that makes sense , Still learning so sorry if some is irrelevant just trying to get as much as I can why I wait for this book!

Well doors open I guess! still going to look amazing :) only down side is its 1190.... 10mm short of 4 foot! Might go 3 foot (900x895X595) the extra floor space will most likely be better for when my baby ages but!

Thanks for all the help , Hopefully the book comes soon!:)

Last edited:
Questions are always a good idea and at least you're researching BEFORE you get your python and not after.
Have you narrowed it down to a species yet?

Hey

yeah a jungle, leaning towards to the (god bless) plamestone one? sorry for the crap spelling:( I went to the misses if it gets to big and trys eatting a dog we can always make snake soup ;) but should be fine... the only time I can really think the snake would be coming out is when we are sitting by the pool and maybe I will build a little area outside for it.

But I really do love the jungles colors the only smaller spices I seem to like is the albinos drawins with a strong red to them cant seem to find any in aus, still looking and reading daily ;) my fish feel a bit neglected :(

Albino Darwin with red in it ? That's news to me... I heard someone mention "strawberry albinos" sometime last year and when I queried for a picture it never came,

Do you have any pics? You've got me curious now!

its okay - i was using the phone and couldnt see them. i can see the links on the pc.

FYI the first link - thats a normal darwin hatchie colour... they all seem to have that rusty hue to them, even the albinos, they lose it around the 6mth mark........ sorry to disillusion you ;)

the other one looks like a "standard" RPM ( reduced pattern morelia ) check the for sale ads there are probably a few around but give it a few years they will be appearing all over the place, theyre becoming more and popular

Hey

:) I will send them a message. messaged someone about a jungle and just waiting to see what happens dont want to end up with 2 snakes :p

One snake I do love well 2 but I think they are no good for me is the blue tree snake and the red belly :D red bellys are really sexy but i reckon there bite might be a little ouchy (sarcasm)

Jags are nice too but seem too risky :(

You really have to read a bit more :) "true" jag are generally overseas, and suffer a lot of neuro problems, we have a lot of breeders here in australia that breed morelia that have very similar patterning to the Jags that we all seem to like the look of but the beauty is that they are not Jags and dont suffer the neurologic issues that the overseas Jags do.... ive noticed breeders tend to call our aussie beauties RPMs maybe its just to seperate them from the "Jag" and its problems.

RBB are a stunning looking snakes but their kisses are a killer, i prefer pythons that just 'take your breath away"

as for the blue tree snake, do you actually mean 'blue tree snake' or are you thinking of the hormonal green tree python blue ? Either way they are both a gorgeous.

Its hard when you first start 'looking' for a snake, its hard to know what is available and what is just an 'overseas' love affair. before i read the permit list of what i could have, i had my heart set on a Brazilian rainbow boa.......... cant do it, so i got into morelia instead. nice mid size snakes - i was mindful that i'm not overly tall (165cm) and my long suffering man isnt into snakes so handling full grown scrubs and olives could have been interesting.

check your states list to see what you can keep and work from there..... its a lot less heart breaking.

mmm I am going off sale sites so I hope they are not illegally selling snakes ;) oh whats that an anaconda ^_^ too much sugar today!

The RPMS :) are very nice also need to do some reading about these guys I think! Is there any chance my python could get mad one day and try to hug me? D:

its listed as a Blue Green Tree Snake its got a semi blue tint to it, just looked at the picture, Close to my bedtime hehe.

Hopefully my darn books arrives tomorrow! I suck with the Internet.

there are heaps of sellers here on APS (and other australian sites) so you just have to be mindful when you're looking around the Web where the site is ......

Yes pythons are capable of getting mad and giving you a good ol' bear hug :) hence the reason a lot of people wont handle 7ft+ snakes unless they have a helper nearby who is capable of helping out if needed

if my (then) Juvi darwin can wrap around my wrist from fear of falling - no biting involve - and manage to turn my fingers blue, i'd hate to think what my 8ft coastal could do if she was to do something similar around my waist :shock:! ! never underestimate the power these guys have .. the juvi darwin certainly made me more aware of the potential power, and i have a very healthy respect for the fact that they could kill me with 'cuddles' ! !

:( thats not cool! guess its a bit like my dog he had a cow leg on his birthday and turned it into nothing in a short 10 or 5 minutes he was treating it more like a toy then food lol but yeah if that was me ikeeiesss!
but being eaten seems less painful then being choked out the sucked up!

Someone should make a mini jungle python :) jungle X worm snake or something.

I think my book got stolen or something also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back