Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Col-the-Trucker

Reaction score
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
i don't have a snake i only recently applied for my permit online (qld) i have an old 5' aquarium and now i am looking for a snake i'm leaning towards jungles for the right price, or inland carpet python...heard the are very good for newbies (thats me)
so is there a classified section here? thanks for any help, colin

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Colin! Most people will say don't have a Jungle as a starter snake(I'm the opposite :lol:) I love jungles and I say brilliant choice on a Jungle or a Darwin if you don't mind the occasional nip from hatchies!

Yes there is a classifieds page on here and if you want to post an ad you have to become a subscriber :)

Hi Colin, Sharkey beat me to it. Click on the home page and the classifieds are on the right hand side. The pythons you've mentioned are beautiful (as are all our Native species) - I started with Spotteds (Antaresia Maculosa) and progressed quickly to a Bredli (Morelia Bredli).

welcome Col-the-Trucker..you will get a few people on here saying no about the jungle for your first snake cos they can be a bit feisty but on the other hand people have done it and couldnt be happier..word of advice see if you can handle your snake before you buy it and go from there good luck mate and let us know what you decide then put some pics up.....

As a young jungle owner, they are veeeery bitey but so pretty they make up for it! A bit of patience with handling, a willingness to be bitten by their tiny harmless teeth and you're set!

thanks for your reply would love to keep my first purchase to around $300 and i've seen jungles for way more than that, but thats what i have my heart set on, very cool looking snakes, beautiful colours, and i do want to handle them daily so it will be a learn curve for both of use :D

thanks for your reply would love to keep my first purchase to around $300 and i've seen jungles for way more than that, but thats what i have my heart set on, very cool looking snakes, beautiful colours, and i do want to handle them daily so it will be a learn curve for both of use :D

Welcome to the family Col-the-Trucker. If you're only looking to spend a small amount first time round and you've never handled a snake before (I'm only assuming) then maybe a stimsons may be the way to go. However if you take SarahScales advice and are happy enough to work through the little snappy stage (My Coastals were jerks like that) then go all out for your first time cherry snake popping experience :) Good luck with the hunt and remember piccies please!

I was going to get a jungle but then i ended up getting a woma, just a heads up, jungles like to climb, a 5 foot tank would give an adult lots of room but they also need a bit of height too.

hey guys thanx for all the messages, permit has a arrived and i'm in the middle of arranging a visit with raycam01_au a few suburbs away to see whats on offer, so cool, i'm excited
cheers, colin

- - - Updated - - -

i may have to grow a gum tree in the middle of my lounge room, ha, now where did i put my shovel :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back