Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mind you, he showed a VERY slight interest when I was looking at how to convert a tv unit into an enclosure but as soon as I asked, it went back to 'no I don't want one and I won't live with you if you're gonna get one'

Only took four and a half minutes to convince my other half.

So I guess that makes me a pro?

Last edited:
Mind you, he showed a VERY slight interest when I was looking at how to convert a tv unit into an enclosure but as soon as I asked, it went back to 'no I don't want one and I won't live with you if you're gonna get one'

Then it's obviously way beyond disinterest, there's no reason (if he's not scared) for you not to have a snake just because he doesn't want one. If he is prepared to move out over it, he obviously has a phobia.

i made a deal with dad that if i got a B in english i could keep reptiles/ he gets me a licence for it and if i got a B in math i could actuly buy myself a lizrd...i got the B's and got a cbd, 3 months later mum found out and all hell broke loose

The only reason my mum let me get a snake is because my father passed away and I had to leave my beautiful cats in Dubai, I guess my mum wanted to help partially fill the void.

OOps just realized the title said partners, not parents. My bad.

I have a coastal and a bredli. I met my partner after I had my snakes. Initially she didn't really like them, and was definitely weary of them (not fearful...just weary). She did enjoy looking at them in their cabinets though. She told me that it'd freak her out...but she wanted to see a feeding.

The look of horror on her face was absolutely classic, but I think she's a little desensitized to it now. She actually likes taking both snakes out in the sun and having a play with them, although she won't get them out of the enclosure, although I'm sure that'll happen eventually :) She actually said that she wants to have a go at feeding them sometime. I think the speediness at which they strike really freaked her...as well as the size of the food they can devour (as well as the thawing of the rat).

What was initially horror, has turned to fascination. She's getting better and better with them all the time!

Last edited:
Sounds like you guys have great partners/parents. Only pets I was allowed ever were silkworms and any bugs we found in the garden, actually bred snails in my bedroom at one point but then mum found them :( Hence my being moved out of home and I thought I would be allowed my own pet for once. Mind it didn't take dad long to start wanting to watch tv with a friends baby chickens we were looking after lol. He ended up being the one who would ask for a hold :p

Had no trouble convincing my partner about the snakes! But a dog is a whole other ball game, go figure! Ive started leaving awesome facts about the breed I want on his Facebook to convince him lol, 1 a day, but he hasn't budged just yet.

Bahahha that'd be tricky we both own our house lol. Nah he'll budge I have a year of convincing to go. He's going to the gulf next year (defence force) so I've still got the 'but I'll need company!' up my sleeve ;)

Haha yeah to keep 'midnight visitors' away ;) I would consider the reverse psychology too but it's probably going to be a house his boss gives him that we end up in :( It will take way too long to get one through my work even though I've put my name down just in case.

no convincing needed, if he doesnt like it he knows where the door is, lol,..

28 animals, 28 tantrums and lots of blissful months of peace where he isnt talking to me in protest, and hes still here,...lets see what the next year brings, hehehehe

i did make the mistake of asking, once, somewhere between critters 4 and 5 he said it would be nice to be asked, so the next time i did, just to humour him, and he said no. so i laughed and said it wasnt an actual question, i was trying to be polite.

while he does get the crappers with new additions i often catch him talking to the lizards, or cuddled up with the lizards, offering the lizards treats, hes not so much of a a snake and geckos guy, but loves the beardies and shingles.(while still complaining his butt off),...

Last edited:
Haha wish that would work, first time I asked I got 'no and don't ask again' from my bf -_- However he's decided a frog is ok? I still think if he saw a hatchie and got to hold it, after a while he'd be asking me for one...his reason is that he wants a dog and snakes don't interest him, I can have one he just won't be living with me :S

I want a Stimson and there are so many reasons to get one and hardly any not to, but they 'don't interest' him

Hey Firedrake...Is it always about him? If you want a Stimson get one and let him get his dog. Sure he won't move out cause of an itty bitty cute hatchling, like someone said he's prob scared of snakes, he might come around.

Sooooo hope you're organising your purchase...cheers Deb

I'm single lol. Makes it soooo much easier. If I want something, or if my daughter wants something, we'll talk it through and work out if it suits our lives at that point in time then go from there. We were renting and moving around a bit til she was a little over 1, so getting pets before settling was just not the right thing to do but since settling we can do so much more.

It costs me a new guitar pedel for every new animal i want, but if i sell one to buy a new one i don't. She agreed to this before i told her i wanted a death adder and a eastern brown. She is now very cautious about making deals with me about reptiles lol.

Find someone you know who has them and get him to hold one of theirs. Once he sees what beautiful animals they are for himself he should be convinced.
I was told I'm allowed ten. I agreed to this straight away but then realised I'm already up to seven :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back