Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he either sulks, calls me a bitch and chucks a tantrum or tells me I don't know what I'm talking about and does what he wants anyway...I'd love to tell him to get over it I just don't see the point in the fighting after I say it lol. When I have my own house I'll just tell him he doesn't have to live with the snakes, but I'm having them. Besides it's either that or a tattoo :)

I didn't ask my husband. I told him I was buying a snake. I made the mistake of 'asking' my ex for stuff and all I ever got was NO. I don't ask anymore, I do, within reason of course.

Well he either sulks, calls me a bitch and chucks a tantrum or tells me I don't know what I'm talking about and does what he wants anyway...I'd love to tell him to get over it I just don't see the point in the fighting after I say it lol. When I have my own house I'll just tell him he doesn't have to live with the snakes, but I'm having them. Besides it's either that or a tattoo :)

Question why you can't have them if they simply don't interest him, ask him if he has an underlying fear. Obviously he is scared of them because if it was just disinterest it wouldn't matter.

Now that you've put him on the spot, and asked him if he was a scaredy cat, he won't want his masculinity to be under question so he'll probably tell you to go ahead.

It doesn't make sense that you can't have one just because they "don't interest him", he's scared.

so, does he do everything you want? (tell him for not getting a snake you want your name tattoed on his forehead, lol)
and how do you respond if you dont get your way?

next time he wants a boys night out, throw the same kinda tanty he does to you, sulk, carry it on for much longer than you should, then tell him thats how pathetic he looks when he does it.
he does sound like a spoilt child (and scarily similar to my doofus head)

cant imagine how horrible my life would be by now if he'd gotten away with even 1 tantrum,...bite that bad behaviour in the butt before it starts to ruin your life!!

I had to try n con my parents into letting me have a snake and it never happened so i moved out, when i got with my partner he already had a snake, first words i ever spoke to him was "ok can you get ur snake out now" now my mum loves me snakes the god damn idiot and we own 10 snakes 2 beardies and a turtle (among all the other animals) and our 16month old LOVES all animals and isnt scared of a thing, shes sitting on my lap at the moment petting the adult beardie sitting on my chest lol :)

My Mum Let me buy my first two beardies. She wasnt into any reptile but the beardies she loved, .
I told her im getting a snake this week and she is going off about not getting one. But she gonna have a little suprise this week when she walks in and theres a Little striped carpet python looking at her.

my ex always told me shed move out if i ever upgraded my blue tongues and dragons to a snake which was great because when i brought home my first snake thats exactly what she did now i have a wonderful girlfriend and we have our own little zoo together

I'm not perfect either, and I do throw the occasional tantrum too, but not every time he asks for something. Usually its me suggesting the things he likes, not because I like them, but because he likes them and I still get complaints that I don't appreciate him or the things he does for me...so as soon as I have some money and some time, I'm going to send in the application form and get myself a hatchie (or more), whether he likes it or not. Besides the fact that he 'isn't interested' I also get 'its not something I want in my life' and I'm pretty sure that means he's scared :/

Yeah not gonna comment on your relationship (I've had plenty of that myself and hate it) but you should do it for yourself and he can suck it up. They are incredible creatures and you won't regret it

my ex always told me shed move out if i ever upgraded my blue tongues and dragons to a snake which was great because when i brought home my first snake thats exactly what she did now i have a wonderful girlfriend and we have our own little zoo together

It went from a Stimsons Python called Mikey [as mentioned above] that I fell in love with instantly and is probably one of the reasons we are actually together and Poseidon the Centralian Carpet to getting the Olive, Alecia together.... now we have 8 snakes and uhhh.... babe.... I told you I'm getting A BHP at the end of the month but is now a good time to tell you it's actually 2?

I wish other couples loved, respected, trusted, etc each other as much as we do. It's sad to see how some people live. It makes me SO angry and upset that people are trapped, or even are not and don't get out anyway, in a relationship displaying any less than what the main idea of being in a relationship should be like. I have so much to say.

This would be the first thing I've done just for me in a few years, every time I try to do something for me it ends up being something for him :( I can't wait til I get paid so I can send off for my license, how long does it take?

Shouldn't take too long once it's all done and sent off. Couple of weeks max?
I really hope everything works out for the best hunibunch!

While I'm waiting I'll start preparing :D gotta make myself a click-clack and call up Dave to see what he's got on offer. And where do I get frozen mice around here??

I reeeallly hate commenting on other peoples relationships...but it all seems rather one sided :(

Great to see you reclaiming something back Firedrake :) Keep us updated on when you get your new little snakey

I don't have a partner at the moment and I certainly won't be pairing up with someone who doesn't want to live in a house full of snakes. I plan on having more and possibly breeding in the future, and I won't be letting anyone squash that dream. I can relate to you to kawasakirider, I love bikes and even though I'll be 22 in a few months my mother doesn't want me having one. She never liked the idea of me on a bike, and one morning she called from work to tell me a friend of ours had been killed on his motorcycle. We later found out that he was doing 120 in a 60 zone, had he been obeying the speed limit it never would have happened. My mother was in a bike club when she was 17, and she lost a few people in accidents... perhaps I'll have to wait until she passes on which hopefully isn't for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back