Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was always one of those kids that loved animals but when I was 6 or 7 my parents took me to the Gold Coast for a holiday and at one of the shopping centres they had a big reptile display with stunning BHP, I had a hold of him and fell in love with them.

A couple of years later we had a reptile display come to my primary school and they needed some of the kids to volunteer to look after snakes for the day, which I promptly did. I was given a juvie Corn Snake. I've been hooked ever since.

When I was about 5yo I use to run around our property and pick up all the Bob-tail Lizards and play with them on the back lawn. It use to drive my mum nuts because she was always scared that I would pick up a dugite and play with it. I think I've always had an interest in reptiles since then, sometimes when I catch a blue tongue or a bobby it reminds me of 'the good old days'.

I have always liked animals with superstitions about them...at first i like spiders, but for the past few years i have LOVED snakes, and owning one has always been a bit of a fantasy...i knew people kept them, but i'd never really known anyone who had them- i'd only seen them in shows. then a few weeks ago my dream came true :)

Hmmmm......well i was lucky enough to grow up (yes from birth) with a backyard full of herps from beardies & bluies to Death Adders & Taipans to a Salt Water Croc at one stage too. Nobody at school ever believed me. My fav by far was our BHP but i just loved them all. Apparently i would follow my dad around for hours helping wherever i could :) So i guess it's in my blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back