How to convince my mum to let me get a snake.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nice mate i wish i knew how that felt!! but maybe ill have to take my mum to see someone's snake (yes i know that sounds very wrong, but lets be mature :p)

Lol congrats
I got NO chance of getting a snake I had mum for a while and then stupidly she saw a thread on snake bites on here and was like No freaKIN way!!!!!!!!!!!!
So little Knob-tailed gecko it is for me :)
Another thing people could do if they have a lock on their enclosure then they could let there mum keep the key :)
And when you need the snake out just get the key off of her

mate there is not much in the world that would let my mum let me have a snake, not even my birthday!!! but i might try the old if you dont let me get a snake ill move out card!

Man I am in the same boat! The other half won't let me have a snake around my kids!! How to convince her???!!

I always wanted to get Rottie (beautiful dogs), my parents said I could and then changed their mind at the last minute. So I went out a couple of weeks later and got my reptile licence and didn't tell them untill I came home with a 6 month old stimmie.

yeah the only problem is im 14 and im pretty sure my mum has the authority to take it off me and give it away, ill probably have to wait untill im 18

Tell her they're just like lizards, except no legs to scratch things with, not as smelly and not as messy.
She'll let you get one eventually..

some one said to tell her its a baby lizard and will grow legs as it gets bigger!

why dont you start setting up the enclosure bit by bit, so she knows you're serious about getting one. then get a heat/mat globe, a hide water bowl etc, as you go along. then start researching pythons (as you probably already do) just so she can see that you're serious and you know what you're on about, and that you know what to do. Once she see's this she might relent, and let you get one :D

I am obviously a pushover because my son got his FIRST python at 11. Someone on this thread suggested introducing your mum/partner to a gentle, docile python if you know any friends that have one? That may help.

just dont tell your mum and go and get one, thats what we do k:)

Someone on this thread suggested introducing your mum/partner to a gentle, docile python if you know any friends that have one? That may help.
Yep that works, my friend's mother didn't really like snakes much and was rather scared of them, but my friend wanted one soo badly, so I let her Mum meet my bredli (I told them that my jungle was sleeping.) And wellah! Shes allowed one, but decided that she didn't want one!!:shock:

When I moved home in my early 20s for a short period, I wanted to get my first python but mum wouldn't hear of it. She knew that all I wanted was a python, and that her fear was irrational. So I got one anyway (it stayed with me in the rumpus room, away from the house) and she just had to live with it. As long as it stayed away from her and was little and harmless, she could cope. She had many years previous of dealing with all types of lizards and frogs, so was just a step up really. I no longer live at home, but the idea of pythons has grown on her and is relaxed with them, to the point where she is rather fond of my woma and Gammon Ranges Carpet :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back