Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no way that is a diamond.

Im with bigguy, and the more you see the more you can spot the differences. That one isnt even close to a diamond.

Looks like a black carpet, hey might have a new species! lol..

I haven't seen any natural occuring carpets with patterns like that, but Im sure Bigguy has, and others up that way.

Well seeing as there are so many people who believe that is a diamond here is few pics for you. Maybe this will help you in the future when trying to identify animals. I wonder how many of you have actually seen true Port Mac Carpets. It is pretty obvious that if you think that is a diamond, you don't know what a Port Mac (integrade) is.

Attachments

• Diamonds-1.JPG
    Diamonds-1.JPG
    161 KB · Views: 83
  • Diamonds-2 - Gosford form..JPG
    Diamonds-2 - Gosford form..JPG
    197 KB · Views: 82
  • Port Mac Carpet - Kempsey locale.JPG
    Port Mac Carpet - Kempsey locale.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 63
  • Port Mac Carpet.JPG
    Port Mac Carpet.JPG
    222.1 KB · Views: 62
  • Port Mac Carpet-1.JPG
    Port Mac Carpet-1.JPG
    201 KB · Views: 68
Diamond, Diamond, Port Mac, Port Mac, Port Mac.

LOL

I just put a thread up - Pattern Guessing game, lets see what there made of Daz!

Shows how much notice you take of your snakes Pugsly. I would say that in the 1st pic your wrong:x . There's 2 Diamonds.:lol:

LOL so I missed an (s) Sorry!! haha

Nice B&W's mate.

Keeping any babies??

OK guys, how about this one, Diamond, Port Mac or integrade???

Attachments

• IMG_0112.jpg
    IMG_0112.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 86
Chimera,do you mean Diamond,Port Mac,hybrid?
Looks like a Diamond to me.
Mitch

Def has the classic Diamond Rosettes.

But Im guessing its a trick question?? lol

No trick question pugsly, was sold to me as a diamond but bigguys comments about the lack of colour on the back brings that into question. I am planning on breeding him with a gosford diamond and (not to be overconfident) would like to offer correct information about the offspring.

The lack of colouring on that animal is due to the age I would think. Lots of Diamonds go dark and "Black and white" with age.

Def a Diamond IMO and a nice one at that

re Is

Thats a captive hybrid between a carpet and diamond chimera somewhere down the line,always a giveaway the areas along the spine that have no dots,looks like where a stripe was on some you see around.The one pictured at the start of the thread is a natural diamond carpet intergrade ,i think pot mac carpet is a misleading term as most ive caught have been from kempsey,dorrigo and bellingen,some have the colour of a diamond and a pattern like a carpet up that way.Someone will start marketing dorrigo intergrades and others kempsey or taree and dont forget bellingen or gloucester,barrington tops,they are just diamond carpet intergrades and thats that they cant be given a place name unless they actually come from that locality.

LOL so I missed an (s) Sorry!! haha

Nice B&W's mate.

Keeping any babies??

Thanks Steve.

Yes mate will definately be holding back a few hatchies. Probably 2 m and 4 f.

Okay - that snake that you are posting pics of Auz is the same as the one RevDaniel sent US....
check it out...(the last 2 pics were sent to us in an email)
This is our pics of the snake taken JUST NOW...one and the same snake....

Attachments

• revdi (Large).jpg
    revdi (Large).jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 100_6491 (Large).jpg
    100_6491 (Large).jpg
    62 KB · Views: 51
Can anyone confirm what this snake is? Sold as a Diamond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back