Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
get a cat and sew its legs to its chest and put a sock over it? im sure it wont be moving to far

Sounds like OP wants a Ball Python, too bad you guys can't have them in Aus. :S

My ball is as docile as a human baby drunk on warm brandy. When she's relaxed I can bring her with me to the couch and she'll ball up on my lap for a while at least before getting exploratory, but now that she's about full grown I don't have to worry as much about her roving around. I just keep her at hand and after a bit of exploration she'll often settle down again if I give her a nice crevice to squeeze into next to me.

Also, GTPs don't need a large enclosure but I don't think it's relevant anyway since they are anything but a puppy dog snake to be hanging out with regularly. Even though my BP is absurdly docile and does seem to want us to take her out of her cage, I still limit how often I bring her out (she comes up to the glass when I am in the room and often paces back and forth in front of the door until I open it and then she comes straight out to me).

inland taipans make great 'lap snakes' as do the tigers,gaboon vipers and black mambas..:rolleyes:

your not going to have somthing that just sits there dude, they love to explore soon as the find a small gap or hole they will be in it checking it out, then you have lost a snake

Devo if one day your cooking and the snake falls onto the pan or what not :O ouch

Oh good haha! I don't take her near the stove haha she loves the heat but as far as falling, with Peanut's mega intense grip i doubt she would fall anywhere haha!

And in terms of a lap snake OPPO - just choose a snake that you like the look of. From there on in, their personality is just pot luck.

Thats the sort of thing i"m after. Thanks.

snakeluvver - I'm not after a snake I can let roam around the house while I'm at work. I know snakes need a secure enclosure. What I'm after is something that I can have out when I'm at home watching tv or studying and it will keep me company and curl up on the bed or desk happily

So would any python fit this criteria?
Would any other species be suitable?

nope get a cat

For everyone that has said get a cat - mine must have missed the memo that she's supposed to sit on my lap. LOL.

Thats the sort of thing i"m after. Thanks.

snakeluvver - I'm not after a snake I can let roam around the house while I'm at work. I know snakes need a secure enclosure. What I'm after is something that I can have out when I'm at home watching tv or studying and it will keep me company and curl up on the bed or desk happily

So would any python fit this criteria?
Would any other species be suitable?

a plastic snake is what you want !!!

how will you heat it if you want it to roam the house and provide UV for it,

aim for a plastic one

Australis breeds lapsnakes, he even has some hand reared toilet trained ones. You have to pester him heaps for him to decide to sell them though.

Australis breeds lapsnakes, he even has some hand reared toilet trained ones. You have to pester him heaps for him to decide to sell them though.

I got my pair off Australis and couldn't be happier with them. I was at his place just last week to pick them up, he has about 4 more pairs ready to go.

PM him

I got my pair off Australis and couldn't be happier with them. I was at his place just last week to pick them up, he has about 4 more pairs ready to go.

PM him
His are really good, you really need to keep persisting though, send PM's, VM's, emails... if you live near him go visit him. He'll appreciate your business greatly.

PM him

I'm wrapped with mine as well!! It took about 15 PM's before he even admitted to having them though!! He is very protective of them and wants to make sure they go to good homes.

Protective is an understatement... I had to sign a waiver!

Its really interesting how many people said get a cat

Snakes and dogs are totally dis-similar
Dogs want to have a master to order them around
But most cats just look at you and say..How dumb do you think I am?

Apart from legs and fur snakes are a lot more similar to cats than most people give them credit for
Cats couldnt care less who owns them so long as they get fed
Some cats will sit on your lap for hours ..... if they want to
So will some snakes
Cats like their tummy tickled
So do some snakes and most lizards
Cats dont like their head being restrained
Nor do most snakes

Is that longqi comparing reptiles to mammals again?..

Cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back