Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He may very turn up one day and it will be when you are not looking for him. Why won't the toaster thingy go down? Check it rather than force it down :p Inside straws, entertainment units, kids bags, socks, pencil cases, you name it, he will turn up somewhere you won't believe. Good luck. I have a missing one atm too :( I can't even find my 6foot carpet snake so how the hell you gonna find a hatchling? Wolley disappeared 3 months ago and I still have not found him. I haven't struck him off yet, though. Am hopeful he will re-appear after winter when my girls are all nice and smelling of romance.

My son found his spotted escapee in the drawer of the bedside table curled up sleeping in the nice dark space

OMG you poor thing, I have soooo much sympathy for you! I have been thinking about putting Bonanza Jellybean in her grown-up enclosure but I might hold off for a while now.

Check out all the "lost" threads on here for hints. I would maybe put your mousie in a small takeaway container (with holes punched!) in Noodle's enclosure with the heat on, then have plastic bags around the enclosure so you can hear him if he tries to sneak back. If you don't want to risk your pet mouse, just do it with a petshop mouse.

I will be thinking of you over the next couple of days, I will have my fingers crossed for his safe return.

OMG you poor thing, I have soooo much sympathy for you! I have been thinking about putting Bonanza Jellybean in her grown-up enclosure but I might hold off for a while now.

Check out all the "lost" threads on here for hints. I would maybe put your mousie in a small takeaway container (with holes punched!) in Noodle's enclosure with the heat on, then have plastic bags around the enclosure so you can hear him if he tries to sneak back. If you don't want to risk your pet mouse, just do it with a petshop mouse.

Yes please learn from this mistake, and don't risk it!!! It's amazing that he fitted through the space. It is seriously 2mm thick, by about 20mm high.

Hmmm that is a good idea, putting the mouse in the cage... Up the cool end obviously... I wonder how safe this is? I could put her in a mesh container...

PS - if anyone has spare heat mat / cord they aren't using for a while, would love to borrow so we can set up one inside the house as well as under! Will send cookies!

good luck, definately let ur neighbours know, i remember reading a thread on here where someone got a spotted or something back about 2 years after it disappeared,....

fingers crossed she didnt leave the house,....

Sorry to hear, and all the best in your search! :(
I had a friend who lost a childrens... it turned up 4 months later, coiled under a CD in a CD rack... They end up in the strangest places...
She had another one end up coiled around a door knob... on the inside of the door, so it wasn't noticed for weeks...
There has been some good advice given on this thread... Make sure you keep us all posted with your progress!

I found a spotted in the bottom wooden window frame that had come away from the wall. He was poking his head and a bit of his neck out of the crack. Checking spots at night is usually a winner as they are a bit more active sometimes. Card board boxes or bags are another good hide place they seem to like.

Best of luck..:)

putting lots of plastic bags around on the floor etc will help if he's about at night as you will hear the rustle. good luck.
SIl.

awwww all the best of luck i hope you find it hopefully if he/she does come back that you don't have to wait too long

dailyskin that's bad news :( keep the cat confined for as long as you can and try to keep the room where it's housed warm, it may come back if it gets cold looking for food and heat

hey look im pritty new to the snake world but i noticed sturdy said to put flower on the floor i would also recamend that but put it near any holes in the skirting's and near places that are wormer then otheres taht way at night when he come's out of the hideing spot (if he is inside still) u will be able to see were he come from he may not go back there but atleast u will know if he is inside and dont give up my uncle always lost his snake and always found it :D good luck

flour is a good idea but you can use talc powder if you have none...sorry about your noodle ...but people owning a snake is also about patience...make sure they are really big enough to go in their big viv when they are ready in size not when you are ready to view them ..this happens so many times on here and its repeated over and over again better to keep your little snake in a click clack longer and never under estimate the gap a snake can get through ...fingers crossed daily

no luck yet - but of course we will keep trying!! I hope the weather stays cold, hopefully will encourage him to return : (

Re. Size - he's 90 cm long, well over a year old, and had been circling his large click clack for months - we thought we were doing the right thing for him by moving him. Guess not. I hope other people can learn from this at least...

Don't give up.
I lost one of my pythons, for about 18 months.
Mum found her one day, basking in the sun in the garden.
(yes, I know it was her, as her species isn't in the area I live)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back