Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Put your knob in there and show the snake who's the man

it's smaller than your little finger bruz........ maybe make it 2-3 teaspoons of cement in your coffee.

I am the exact same at the moment with my new 4 mth old coastal. I have been getting my eldest son to get him out each time :oops: i have tried but i get so freaked by that sudden darting towards me that i jump back. I have given birth 6 times lol being bitten by a snake the size of a worm should be the last thing im scared of but its a mental thing....just knowing i 'might' get bitten - if that makes sense.

Totally no where your comming from I'm getting better tho I got her out again today

bro harden up, man u put that silver fern to shame, if you think you aint ever going to get biten man why did you get a snake thats part of owing them sooner or later its going to happen.

I didn't so much have a fear of being bitten, more so the fright from the quick strike.

But it's really nothing, once it happens.

I agree - hook is an awesome way to get your snakes out and also placing a flat hand over the snakes head and picking it up (for some reason, it either feels secure because it's dark and or it doesn't feel threatened by a "flat hand" and you can easily pick it up without it even getting a chance to S up.

just my 2 cents.

When I got my first snake, this is what the guy selling it made me do....
He said to put my hand near the snake, close my eyes and whatever happened DON'T MOVE MY HAND AWAY. Your natural reaction is to quickly move your hand away from pain, so you have to be very careful not to do this as you may rip the snake's teeth out and fling the little guy across the room.
So I put my hand near the snake and let it bite me a few times, then took my hand away. After this I knew what to expect and I did it again with my eyes open, simple - problem solved as you know what to expect and you know it doesn't hurt too much.

Worked for me anyway, I thought it was a really good way to get used to the snake biting me and I think it was great that the breeder took the time to make sure I was comfortable with the snake.

Good luck!

when you do get bitten by her you will see there is nothing to be scared of. one way to do it is close your eyes and put your hand in there lol.

I def understand, its not the pain/injury etc, is the action. I did find it hard to leave my hand in a tub to be struck. I guess it is a knee jerk reaction. All I can suggest is close your eyes, it doesn't hurt. I guess the biggest thing is not jerking your hand away as obviously you don't want to damage your precious babys mouth.
I just got tagged by my Roughie tonight and have now lost any fear I did have. I thought I would scream and cry, but no I camly got a flat object to ease her off my fingers, all the while dripping blood all over the floor....hmm they do have long teeth!

bro harden up, man u put that silver fern to shame, if you think you aint ever going to get biten man why did you get a snake thats part of owing them sooner or later its going to happen.

My sister was fine with all the snakes, has been bitten by hatchies up to yearlings heaps of times and still loves them, but lately has developed an irrational fear of being bitten. She really wants to just get the hell over it, but can't seem to. I think I might try the having her eyes closed and getting bitten trick, see if that helps.

When I got my first snake, this is what the guy selling it made me do....
He said to put my hand near the snake, close my eyes and whatever happened DON'T MOVE MY HAND AWAY. Your natural reaction is to quickly move your hand away from pain, so you have to be very careful not to do this as you may rip the snake's teeth out and fling the little guy across the room.
So I put my hand near the snake and let it bite me a few times, then took my hand away. After this I knew what to expect and I did it again with my eyes open, simple - problem solved as you know what to expect and you know it doesn't hurt too much.

Worked for me anyway, I thought it was a really good way to get used to the snake biting me and I think it was great that the breeder took the time to make sure I was comfortable with the snake.

Good luck!

Quick question with that method what if it's a 5-7 foot snake do u take the same approach ? Hehe

I def understand, its not the pain/injury etc, is the action. I did find it hard to leave my hand in a tub to be struck. I guess it is a knee jerk reaction. All I can suggest is close your eyes, it doesn't hurt. I guess the biggest thing is not jerking your hand away as obviously you don't want to damage your precious babys mouth.
I just got tagged by my Roughie tonight and have now lost any fear I did have. I thought I would scream and cry, but no I camly got a flat object to ease her off my fingers, all the while dripping blood all over the floor....hmm they do have long teeth!

Best way to get them off is a cap of achol or WARM water (not hot water just warm) and they usually let go straight away :) or mouth wash is good to

He's now picked her up for the last 3 days. She hasn't bitten yet, I've even had a hold :)

i have the same problem with my baby. iv yet to actually pick him up myself, iv made my sister do it every time. im gonna attempt the get the guts to go and stick my hand in his cc just to see what it feels like...
iv seen him tag my sister and i no it doesnt hurt. he's supppppperrrrr cranky so its pretty much a garuntee ima be tagged :p

errrrr mega fail. put my hand in his CC nxt to him and he barely even moved...even moved him around a little bit and still nothing...until my mother walked in then i suddenly had the angriest snake alive! his tank copped it big time but he managed to avoid me every time. struck out at mum and managed to find the glass. silly baby.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back