Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Python_Player

Reaction score
Picked up my new Coastal Python tonight from Stewydead.... Love it :D very cute and very happy with the purchase.. thinking of a few names and have narrowed it down to a couple so far. I'll try get some more pics after the weekend, dont want to make too much of a disruption while its settling in :).

Attachments

• IMG_0181.jpg
    IMG_0181.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 723
  • IMG_0184.jpg
    IMG_0184.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 640
Congrats...
cant wait to see some more pics...
hope it all goes well

Very nice Python_Player, is a very good looking snake, very similar to the hatchie i got a few weeks ago, although mine has a more broken line alone its side than yours

I'm curious to know what it's colours will be like after a couple sheds... still letting it settle in, hides all day and only comes out at night for a little wander :)

it will be interesting to watch, this is my fist hatchie so i have never seen it before. Mine has settled in nicely and seems to be very active day and night, and is always up looking out of the side of his click clack whenever we are in the room , and when he does come out he hates having to go back. can you update this thread with your new pics as it grows and if you like i will do the same.

...he seemed to be quite approachable and active the first day he was here, now all day he hides and at night if i turn on the light or go near his click clack he hides..prob just still a little nervous or something. Yeah thats a good idea :) i will def keep it updated, would be good if you did too :).

good looking snake btw :) how old?

its 8 weeks old, was hatched on 3/2/10. After i got it to feed for me twice i started getting it out for 10-15 mins a day to help it accustomise itself to us. Untill i started handling it more often it used to hide all the time when ever we were around, but it's more "social" than my other snakes now. Give yours a bit longer and hopefully it will come around, have had mine for 3 weeks on sunday and it took a week and a half to settle and feed for me

ohh ok, mine was born in January... only had it for 3 days...will prob wait a lil while longer until i attempt to feed it... usually seems to be pretty calm at night in its enclosure. im sure it'll come around, it was keen to slide around on my hands when i was at the breeder's house and seemed to be very placid...i'm just eager i guess haha :D

as we all are when we get a new snake, makes it even harder with 4 kids that are just as addicted as me to bring them home, take a few quick pics and then leave them be for a week or 2. My first snake fed the night i bought her home, and settled within 2-3 days (larger 2 y/o), second snake (1y/o) took 3 weeks to accept a feed an the hatchie took 8 days, i basically offer a feed on the day that they would have been due to be fed and if they refuse, give them another 4-7 days and offer again. A "friendly" snake is always a pleasure to own, and if it was that way at the breeders i'm going to take a guess and say once he is settled he will be the same ;)

yeah i bet, its my first and only snake i've owned.. wanted one for a really long time now and decided stuff it, im getting one! haha and thats what i did :D.
i might try again tonight with another feed..if not its ok ill leave it alone until i think its really settled in. i'm still very aware it can strike, i know its not going to hurt the trouble will be trying not to pull away lol... but im very happy with purchase and i know it'll be a great snake :D

lol....stick ya finger in give it a wiggle and let it bite you, at that size it feels like a mozzie bite. I'm still waiting to get tagged by my big one to see what that feels like, and from what i have heard the coastals are pretty lame with their bites compared to some of the other snakes, and try not to pull away i have been warned that you can rip the teeth out and really hurt your snake. I'm glad that you are happy with your purchase as that is the biggest factor in getting a snake

hahaha no i dont want to encourage it to bite me :p ill just wait for the unpleasant shock of a random attack lol. yeah thats what i meant by the hardest part was not pulling away. My mate that owned a snake said if it happens to strike me out of its enclosure i shouldn't put it away but keep it out or it will link biting me to going back in its enclosure.. but i think i read on here that it means it wants to be left alone and i should put it back :S bit confusing.
The most appealing thing to me was that they are somewhat 'friendly' as they get older and good beginner snakes... ;)

lol.... i dont blame ya dont want it to think fingers=food, was just joking. I tend to believe the behavior re-enforcement, my female when i got her was rather snappy and i started handling her with gloves to avoid bites when i first got her as she was my first snake. There was numerous times in the first month or 2 that she would snap at us, sometimes multiple strikes, and i kept her out utill she settled and stopped snapping and then put her back in her enclosure. Now after 3 months i am just reaching in and grabbing her and havnt had a problem for a little over a month, but it might be different for each individual. Most adult carpets that i have been around have been calm thats part of the attraction for me as our 4 kids love all the "strange" pets and my smaller 2 are quite good with the kids (under strick supervision) so i wanted something that they were able to handle "safely". Next on the list is either a pair of hypo bredli's or a pair of B&G Jungles

nice coastal cant wait to see more pics im thinking of getting one for my first

hey python player i got a pair of those coastal hatchies of stewy dead last night totally stoked with them. Ive always overlooked coastals and gone for bredli and diamonds but these new little guys are cool, and healthy fed them straight up. Stewy keeps a tidy setup and his critters look exceptionally healthy and well looked after definetely recomend him to anyone looking for a coastal.

nice coastal cant wait to see more pics im thinking of getting one for my first

thank you :).
I was contemplating on a few snakes, and i am def happy with my choice... they aren't super fast growers so you don't have to worry about massive enclosures straight up, they grow to a reasonable size and everyone says that majority when older are placid :D i would recommend a coastal... will see if i can get a few good shots today ;)

Last edited:
lol.... i dont blame ya dont want it to think fingers=food, was just joking. I tend to believe the behavior re-enforcement, my female when i got her was rather snappy and i started handling her with gloves to avoid bites when i first got her as she was my first snake. There was numerous times in the first month or 2 that she would snap at us, sometimes multiple strikes, and i kept her out utill she settled and stopped snapping and then put her back in her enclosure. Now after 3 months i am just reaching in and grabbing her and havnt had a problem for a little over a month, but it might be different for each individual. Most adult carpets that i have been around have been calm thats part of the attraction for me as our 4 kids love all the "strange" pets and my smaller 2 are quite good with the kids (under strick supervision) so i wanted something that they were able to handle "safely". Next on the list is either a pair of hypo bredli's or a pair of B&G Jungles

:). fair enough... it sounds logical, was just getting confusing with the two sided stories lol which seems to be the case with most things. ohhhh tough choice...both are beautiful snakes but i would get B&G Jungle :D :D :D i wanted one but they are too snappy for my liking..well at least for now ;)

hey python player i got a pair of those coastal hatchies of stewy dead last night totally stoked with them. Ive always overlooked coastals and gone for bredli and diamonds but these new little guys are cool, and healthy fed them straight up. Stewy keeps a tidy setup and his critters look exceptionally healthy and well looked after definetely recomend him to anyone looking for a coastal.

Awesome :D how great are they ;) what numbers did you buy? yeah he has an awesome set up and all of his pythons look fantastic! i'm 100% happy so far :D... got names for them yet? :lol: . oh and post some pics up in here when u can

no names as yet ile post some pics not sure the numbers but i picked out the most placid and two that resembled the father the most both have good dorsal stripe running down their tail.

Yeah i think i going to go with the jungles, i dont know why but i am more attracted to the morelia family than the woma's or the BHP's. I have heard the rumors that they can be really snappy, but then you can get snappy specimen's of all snakes, and i am planning on getting them as hatchies so i will be able learn their individual personalities when they are still small. I gotta thank schizmz and a couple of other ppl on here that have posted their pics for making my decision easier. Now i just gotta stop being lazy and get my new enclosures finished so that i can get them. ;)

Nice. Had 3 coastals years ago, realy good snakes, good nature even when they got over 7ft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back