Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpilotaFreak78

Reaction score
A friend of mine an I are going into business breeding snakes, because they have all the experience, and I am still new to snake owning, I need info. Does anyone know of any sites with comprehensive lists on Carpet Python types, specifically Morelia Spilota species and also breeding terms and morph types that I can learn

cellpadding="2" border="1" style="font-size: 13px; border-collapse: collapse"
|-
| M. s. cheynei
| Wells & Wellington, 1984
| Jungle carpet python
| style="width: 484px" | Australia in northeastern Queensland .
|-
| M. s. imbricata
| (Smith, 1981)
| Southern Carpet python
| Across Southwest Australia to the Eyre Peninsula in South Australia .
|-
| M. s. mcdowelli
| Coastal carpet python
| Australia in eastern Queensland and northeastern New South Wales .
|-
| M. s. metcalfei
| Inland carpet python
| Australia in the Murray-Darling Basin of Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia.
|-
| M. s. spilota
| (Lacépède, 1804)
| Diamond python
| Australia in eastern New South Wales and the extreme east of Victoria.
|-
| M. s. variegata
| J.E.Gray , 1842
| Carpet python
| New Guinea ( Western New Guinea and Papua New Guinea ) and Australia in northwestern Western Australia and in the northern portion of the Northern Territory .
|-

Straight out of wikipaedia........:)

Morelia Gray, 1842 (Pythonidae)Morelia amethistina (Schneider, 1801) Scrub Python or Amethistine PythonMorelia boeleni (Brongersma, 1953) Boelens Python (New Guinean species, can't keep here)Morelia bredli (Gow, 1981) Bredli or Centralian PythonMorelia carinata (Smith, 1981) Rough Scaled PythonMorelia oenpelliensis (Gow, 1977) Oenpelli Python (Illegal to keep at the moment)Morelia spilota (Lacépède, 1804)Morelia spilota cheyneiMorelia spilota imbricataMorelia spilota mcdowelliMorelia spilota metcalfeiMorelia spilota spilotaMorelia spilota variegataMorelia viridis (Schlegel, 1872) Green tree python

Some more info from Wiki...........Some of the scientific names have been upgraded and changed.

Last edited:
Variegata is in New Guinea too eh? Well that explains why the Albino Balinese Python and the Albino Northwestern look the same!

Thanks for the info guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back