Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
they are my absolute favorites generally placid (tho like every snake not always) they get about 8 ft easy feeder 90% of the time and basic care. to sum up one of the best begginer snakes you can get imo

what about morelia bredli?
are they a good snake for begginer? do they handle well? etc
My first 2 snakes were Bredli & they are champs. Never bitten, never missed a feed, easy handlers, look unreal.
However as has been stated before, not all snakes are the same, go through some threads I'm sure you'll find some agro Bredli, same as any other species.
But from my own experience, I'm so glad I got Bredli first, I love em.

Last edited:
and i love the look of them! :) but id want a high red or orange coloured one, are they fairly common? and/or expencive?

think i might go with a bredli, cougar has some hatchling for $150 as well, hmm

get a woma.

the hatchies i aquired reciently were placid as stright away and always seem to be moving aound most of the time and being interesting compared to my carpets. my mrs sits and watches the womas for hours.

the "high reds" are generally a photo shopped snake or have had the pics taken while young and just after a shed. you can get hypomelanistics wich maintain a bright red colour but they arnt very common and cost alot. generaly as a hatcho they will be a light dusty red colour and will get darker with age, the last one i had kept his hatcho colour to about 1/4 of the way down the body but got darker to almsot black at the tip of the tail. 150 is a great price for them btw

ah k, spewin they dont stay nice and bright red. :( :p

yea i think i might go with a bredli. see what happens by the end of the week :)

thanks man

no worries your only spewing now wait till you have an 8 ft long blood red snake

as far as im concerned if heavy metal could be embodied in snake for it would be the bredli big chunky and the colour of blood.

mate get a diamond they are nicest of all morelia in looks and temp generally speaking i think you will find the last two editions of reptiles australia regarding keeping and breeding diamond pythons will contain all the info you need to keep them thriving for many years in captivity nothin beats a nice diamond

they dont keep there bright red colour bloods pretty dark man.

diamonds also come with some advanced (for this particular hobby) husbandry requirements. even from hatchlings not the best first snake.

then what did u mean by the post man? im lost :S was it a joke or wot? lol

yea diamonds are nice, im still trying to make up my mind. ;)

mind you a nice bredli is also hard to beat rich colours placid temp and overall a fairly good large beginners python

trying to keep the temps as close to natural in nsw is not to hard but in adelaid he would need some form of cooling system as they are a cold climate snake. never mind the heart break of diamond python syndrome if he gets one with it and the chances of that are pretty high.

they are a light dusty red as hatchos and as they get older they get darker as adults they have a really dark blood colour to em. look em up on here there should be a centralian or bredli thread somewhere try the search function for piccies you wont be dissapointed.

Get an olive if u get a juvi that’s an established feeder on rats/mice it will be fine as the olive grows so will your ability of how to feed, handle and look after it btw didn’t mention olive was my first snake and get ready to be tagged doesn’t matter what snake you get ull be bitten :p
have fun

Cons of diamonds

- can be nippy and bitey, again, it depends on the temprament of the individual snake,

geeez mate.....where do you get your diamonds from.........lol
they would have to be one of the most placid snakes around

exactly my diamonds have never ever gone to bite, they are probably the most placid of all my snakes, love em. besides there way hotter than olives :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back