Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have noticed today that with the high humidity & warm weather we have recieved today that the mother nature hatching system has kicked in. Since sundown we have had relentless amount of flying ants all over the place. This is mother nature releasing insects into the open for preditors to prey on. EG baby lizard or even frog, that may eventualy go on to feed a snake or monitor. Have you have ever taken the time to see what eats these insects which are packed with 100% protien.

This is started for the survival of life. Many reptiles etc rely on this mother nature release.

Cheers.

A very pleasant suprise this afternoon when I got home!

Decided to lay underneath her brocolli box directly on the enclosure floor. Today was day 27 so a few days sooner than I was expecting.

The poor snake looks horrible now - just all skin and bone so will need plenty of food in the coming months I think.

There are few spots of poor calcification on some of the eggs but hopefully all will go the distance.

Cheers,
Dave

Attachments

• IMG_0287.jpg
    IMG_0287.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0286.jpg
    IMG_0286.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0285.jpg
    IMG_0285.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 73
Well done. Now it is exciting for the next stage of what you get from eggs.

Congrats Dave thought you we're doing water this season. Had a mixed season with verlicumite this year, everything on water is doing great but 50:50 for stuff in the mixture.
It really pained me to have to bin 9 albino eggs though the ones left and now on water are going great guns.......... My boodarie is about to explode post some pics when she goes.....

this girl i getting rather lumpy! Still about 10 days to go..

IMG_1966.jpg

Yommy - I have my jungle eggs on water, and will put the woma eggs on water but decided to go vermiculite with the BHP eggs. Dont really know why but I had that tub there and it seemed the right size so went with that. I might get a big tub set up for them and change over.

Shame about your albino eggs - hope the rest pull through for you. When is your boodarie supposed to drop? Cant be far off.....

Looks like the boy did the trick Nico.......well done mate !!
When she due to drop approx. ?
I should be telling you well done mungus , you got her in great shape before putting your male over her , thanks again .
She is due to lay around the 9th but is looking very uncomftable the last few days and also looks like she is going to pop , she sits there pushing her belly with her nose a lot aswell :)

cheers nico

Yommy - I have my jungle eggs on water, and will put the woma eggs on water but decided to go vermiculite with the BHP eggs. Dont really know why but I had that tub there and it seemed the right size so went with that. I might get a big tub set up for them and change over.

Shame about your albino eggs - hope the rest pull through for you. When is your boodarie supposed to drop? Cant be far off.....

Any minute now she is on morning and afternoon watch. She is so stretched its not funny poor thing, it is going to big a BIG clutch :) Fingers cross all is good and fertile.....

I can't believe that she's still holding on! I hope she starts firing off some fertile rounds for you this evening. Poor thing will be immensely relieved when it's over.

You must be glad to be back in town for the big event! You need to be there and hold her tail and tell her everything is gonna be ok.

well I'm still waiting for medusa to lay too :S haven't heard how she's been though for a week so who knows if shes deposited some nice looking eggs yet or not, the last time I heard anything she was on her 33rd day after pre lay shed. I am getting home on this Saturday so cant wait to see if she's laid them yet or not.

here's a few pics as you can see she isn't too far off, shes even now hollowed out the mound in the nest box. I even wake up at random hours of the night/morning pretending on going to get a drink going via the snake room to check the box :) at day 32.... bring it on.............

Attachments

• IMG_3299.JPG
    IMG_3299.JPG
    177.4 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_3294.JPG
    IMG_3294.JPG
    226.2 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_3292.JPG
    IMG_3292.JPG
    206.3 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3293.JPG
    IMG_3293.JPG
    202.8 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_3301.JPG
    IMG_3301.JPG
    207.2 KB · Views: 61
Poor thing! I reckon you will wake up tomorrow morning to eggs. I checked on my BHP the morning before she layed and you could tell she had pushed the eggs right down and looked like pic 4 of yours and when I got home had eggs. Looks like there is a few in there....

Have been feeding my boodaries up for next year already!

Last edited by a moderator:
wow she looks like she will pop tonight!!!

My girl still hasn't popped...and shes on day 38 after pre lay shed. maybe she's waiting till I get back..

Hey guys, I just found a light yellow coloured plug inside my female diamond enclosure, about the size and length of your thumb. She had a pre-lay about 2 weeks ago and I'm just wondering if snakes actually pop a plug out before laying?

I know female humans do this before giving birth, is this the same for pythons and has anyone else ever witnessed this before?

My girl is laying as we speak 4 so far and alot more to come will post some pics later way to fascinated watching her at the moment and yes Dave i do want to hold her tail for her as the poor thing stretches so much couldn't pay me enough to be a female of any discription :) lol

Pics to follow soon :)

Happy time in your house! Hard to believe she held on so long. Must have been waiting for you to show so much concern;) I wonder if she will be all slack and droopy after such a big clutch... A snake has such advantages over a human!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back