Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, she laid ten fertile eggies today. Clever girl :) Need to get some weight back on her now, cant believe how much smaller she is without those eggs!

:)

This girl dropped 13 eggs this morning on day 22!! Not a bad effort for her first time I reckon!

Funny thing was I spent all morning in the herp room, cleaning, feeding etc and didn't even think to check on her! lucky I did!

IMG_2108.jpg

IMG_2112.jpg

Kurto
Great effort & all eggs look good & even. I am jealouse of you all as I am still waiting for eggs. 2 to 3 weeks to go.
I also incubate eggs similar style to yourself, without any expensive containers & suspended over water, a close fitting lid & I do put small hole in both ends of container for air exchange.
Cheers Ian.

I'm so proud of this girl...:)
I was so worried when she ovulated...she was stretched so tight It looked like she swallowed a coke can..:shock:

Found her laying 2 days ago (after 21 days from pre lay), left her for the day and found this in the afternoon...she's a Murray/darling (nsw pilliga locale).....very exciting and her first clutch as well...10 good eggs...:))

Kelly

View attachment 170547
View attachment 170550
View attachment 170548

Nice one Kelly, just curious on the setup you have on that last pic? Looks like a reversal of the water method usually used? Or do you have pearlite in replace of vermiculite?

Has anyone on here had a female lay slugs a few weeks (1 slug every day or two) before their actual lay date, to find in the end that they laid nothing but slugs, or was there still a good outcome were your female did eventually lay some viable eggs?

Only asking as my diamond keeps popping out slugs nearly every day for the past week or two and she still has till the 15th as her expected lay date. Still looks quite swollen, but I'm worried she is going to lay nothing but slugs?

This is her first time by the way.

Looks like today was finally the day, 12 healthy looking eggs but one doesn't seem to have veins. Was only expecting about 8 or so, so nice surprise, really happy with her considering I thought she was too small to breed! I tried to seperate the dud one but it was stuck good, hopefully it'll be fine through the incubation and not spread mould or anything.

Forgot to get a pic of mum on the eggs due to the excitement, was bummed! :( First time i'd seen a snake curled up on the eggs as I usually catch them halfway through and grab them individually.

Attachments

• tigereggs.jpg
    tigereggs.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 37
Good stuff Vixen. Did you have a hard time getting her off the eggs! Yesterday was the first time the above female jungle actually wanted me dead!

I am waiting for this girl to go. Should be any day now.
View attachment 170429

This girl finally laid 7 healthy looking eggs this morning , I was starting to get worried for her as it was her first clutch. Prelay was on the 7 October and she did not lay until today 7 November. Eggs weight range was from 15.9g up to 18.2g. Average weight being 17.2g

Cheers Brad

eggies 040.jpg

This girl seems to have it back to front with the front half of her body rolled on its side rather than her rear end! She is due to lay on later this week or on the weekend and is starting to look a bit uncomfortable. Dont think it will be a very large clutch from the look of it.

Cheers,
Dave

Attachments

• IMG_0680.JPG
    IMG_0680.JPG
    280.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0682.JPG
    IMG_0682.JPG
    302.4 KB · Views: 46
Good stuff Vixen. Did you have a hard time getting her off the eggs! Yesterday was the first time the above female jungle actually wanted me dead!

She wasn't actually to bad, just got the hook and slowly maneuvered her off them, I didn't get a bite anyway. :D

so happy for you all....:)
unfortunitly with my girl she's not going to drop she's on day 49 and nothing, has been out of the nest box for a week and bit now, and doesn't appear to be carrying anything now...:( I put it down to stress.

has anyone else found theres to go through all the stages and then not produce eggs?

Once they ovulate they should lay something. There is basically no turning back from that point. Perhaps you witnessed follicle development and thought it was ovulation???

no she ovulated I had the boy in with her and saw numurous connections for a month or so then she got gravid, then prelay shed 48 days ago. I went away for a month then came home to her not so large anymore, tad strange as this is her 3rd year.

Did you actually see ovulation though? I had a pair last year going through all the motions and mating, but she never ovulated or had eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back