Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris89

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I came home from work today, to find my Stimson Python curled up motionless inside of her light cage cover ( which I was told was snake proof ) and that is why I bought it.

R.I.P Ziggy, she's now buried in her pill box in our back garden with a flower planted ontop :(.

I've come to the conclusion, Because the light cage had a spring on it to hold the bottom flap up. Even though the spring was pulled to the very top, she somehow nudged her head on it to pull it down a little and then crawled in and couldn't get back out.

The position that she was in, looks like she had just curled up and went to sleep. :(

oh no, so sorry to hear about your stimpson chris. are you going to go back to where u got your light cage cover from and kill em.

I've already spoken to the company to which I bought it from. And they're going to get into contact with the supplier or something about how it happened.

My computer is broken at the moment, so I am using mums. It's like a normal light cage - however the bottom bit is on a hinge so it can swing open and closed and then there's a spring that you pull up to hold the bottom flap closed.

sorry to here mate

r.i.p ziggy she was a good looking stimmie to

when my female spotted was small she got into the heat lamp cage but fortunately it was summer and it wasn't even on.

You'd think by now they'd have made some simple snake proof cages.

that sucks man
sorry to hear about your great loss

i hope you dont have the same light cages on your other snakes....

that sucks man
sorry to hear about your great loss

i hope you dont have the same light cages on your other snakes....

No, I don't have the same light cage in my other enclosure. I was going to install it but never got around to it, there's currently a normal light cage cover on that one.

The one that we're talking about is in the bin.

What a shame Chris, i really enjoyed looking at the pics of Ziggy which you regularly posted. She was a beautiful Stimmie and i'm sorry to hear of her demise. Hopefully others can learn from this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back