Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're worried about e cost of feeding them just start a woody colony and you'll have free food for life. IMO, Monitors do better on a diet of mainly small whole food items so I would avoid a diet based on mince with virtually no roughage.

I feed mine turkey mince and/or chopped up fuzzies about twice a week but insects every day.

Sounds awesome, my father who pays for what I feed my animals will definitely want me feeding these guys mince and stuff as well to cut down on price, but I will be sure to keep the insects up to them as well and will keep in mind using wild caught for variety. Are there any arthropods worrisome for them to deal with that you know of?

If you're worried about e cost of feeding them just start a woody colony and you'll have free food for life. IMO, Monitors do better on a diet of mainly small whole food items so I would avoid a diet based on mince with virtually no roughage.

I feed mine turkey mince and/or chopped up fuzzies about twice a week but insects every day.

i have read that a top shelf cat tinned food, mice, insects, smaller skinks etc make great options to feed monitors but cat food is a minor staple, more like a treat, pinkies and insects and fruit if they like the fruit and veg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back