Sadam's Hanging....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
During World War II, the Japanese flew sixty-four raids on Darwin and thirty-three raids on other targets in Northern Australia.

The first raid on 19 February 1942 until the last on 12 November 1943.

Dont people even know about Australian history these days ?[/quote

I understood invasion to mean ground troops entering with force another country, which I understood has not happened since the 1788 fiasco(thanks isk). Some dictionaries backup this meaning of invasion however some dictionaries have a different representation of invasion saying that it can also mean the air and navy as well.
So rather then lack of education miffy its a common second meaning of a word fault.
Thats my excuse and Im sticking to it! :D

Whitey luvs rum said "fact- indonesia is a threat!"
Firstly how big a threat? Secondly how would they invade us and are they currently capable? Also would they be willing to take the repurcusions of such an invasion of our shores? Convince me that we are in possible trouble from them and rescue me from this possible delusion please?

It is safe, but that doesn't mean it's something I'd like to do. Just because eating mushrooms is safe doesn't mean I'll eat them.

Besides, I am *way* too smart for the army.

LOL to smart for the army:lol: Yep someone saying that sure is smart :rolleyes:

Whitey luvs rum said "fact- indonesia is a threat!"
Firstly how big a threat? Secondly how would they invade us and are they currently capable? Also would they be willing to take the repurcusions of such an invasion of our shores? Convince me that we are in possible trouble from them and rescue me from this possible delusion please?

we have US back up they wouldnt even think about it.

People who don't make it in to uni join the army. Just how it goes.

Sorry should have added without US support on our side to ad a bit of spice.
I was refering to the mid part of this thread.
After all, if we didnt support the US in its wars as much as we currently do people argued that the US would not assist us in times of need(invasion). we dont haver to go as far as gutsy NZ did but just use our right to choose when to fight, thats all. However if this was reality and the US said no to assistance would we be worse off? Would we suffer from invasion and lose our country?

Last edited:
People who don't make it in to uni join the army. Just how it goes.

Not really mate, saying stuff like that makes you look dumber than any one in the army. Going to Uni doiesnt make you smart, i go to uni its full of dumbas nerds who just study heaps or are doing easy degrees. There are normal ppl like me there too :lol:

I bet there are thousands of ppl in the army far smarter than you.

Oh come off it. The army practically askes for stupid people.

"Hey, dumbass, come join the army, you won't get $40k a year for anything else"

I suggest you say that to a soldiers face unless you are a pussy.

No country has to attack Australia!!
They come here and take over legally!! hehe

Last edited by a moderator:
The Nothing, your quotes regarding dumb people in the army are unfounded and unjustified.
Having worked with unemployed people for the past 10 years, I can certainly tell you that "going into the army" is not an easy way out. The defence force does not just take any body, they are extremely selective, and why shouldn't they be, they are asking these people to stand up for the rest of us. There are physical and psychological testings and successful recruits, I believe, can select specific positions. Also, through the defence force in Canberra you can gain a degree at the same time.
I think if somebody wants to make a blanket statement like that they should do a little more research and think twice. JMO

The nothing, you should really think about what you say before you open your mouth.

My son went to join the Army, they knocked him back because he hadn't completed year 10.

Obviously shows how easy they will just take any idiot of the street.

Maybe you are a disgruntled reject just wanting to bag out people with military experience, I think there are to many of us on here to allow you to do that.,

I think that it is shocking that our very interesting Aussie History is not being taught in schools these days. I used to love my Aussie History classes. We learnt all about Australian Trade Unionism, Poets and Writers like Banjo Patterson and Henry Lawson, Bushrangers and the Eureka Stockade, the first Australians, the Aboroginals and just so much other stuff to mention. I think its a great pity the kids of today are not being taught all of this stuff. Cheers Cheryl

I couldn't agree more Cheryl. In primary school we learnt about Hamilton and Hume and Burke and Wills etc. It was all extremely interesting but obviously not to the Board of Education or the people they're trying not to offend.

Simone.

Haha, if he hit me he'd be a worthless woman basher.

Now there's a whole new thread ;)

Still, even I was rather suprised at your 'dumb' military people comments... Each to their own I guess :)

To be honest I thought you had to be joking - actually, i still kinda hope you were...

It's like rugby players - are they all dumb too?

Ironically 80% of one All Black team had degrees, and two of those had honours degrees (but you're right they werre probably all arts degrees, so they must be dumb!)

Well - I think that's also a new thread so to end it...

The person with the engineering degree asks "How does it work?"

The person with the science degree asks "Why does it work?"

The person with the business degree asks "How much does it cost?"

The person with the arts degree asks "Would you like fries with that?"

Now there's a whole new thread ;)

Still, even I was rather suprised at your 'dumb' military people comments... Each to their own I guess :)

To be honest I thought you had to be joking - actually, i still kinda hope you were...

It's like rugby players - are they all dumb too?

Ironically 80% of one All Black team had degrees, and two of those had honours degrees (but you're right they werre probably all arts degrees, so they must be dumb!)

Well - I think that's also a new thread so to end it...

The person with the engineering degree asks "How does it work?"

The person with the science degree asks "Why does it work?"

The person with the business degree asks "How much does it cost?"

The person with the arts degree asks "Would you like fries with that?"

Yeah, I still was kind of joking ;)

*phew*

Gets difficult to tell online... even when you read between the lines, there's often only white space!

Yeah. Still, there are a lot of people joining the army because they don't get good marks at school (I've seen ads in the paper to encourage people to join for that reason), but I guess those people are smart in other ways. Like, shooting targets, and uhm.. building stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back