Sadam's Hanging....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but you see no one could be bothered invadiding NZ it would be more effort than its worth :lol:

Its true america once supported both saddam and the taliban but that was only because they were basically fighting for them(agaist iran and russia respectively). Also in the first part of the gulf war america started a revolt against saddam but then politics got in the way and they left them to be slaughtered.

The only country to invades us so far has been japan to my knowledge and they only got a few troops and a couple subs into our land/waters and obviously the bombing of darwin.

9/11 will be nothing after the first nuclear attack, my guess would be it will be some time till it happens, but i cant see how it wont happen.

9/11 will be nothing after the first nuclear attack, /quote]

You mean the third don't you?

IsK

Well i was talking about on allies by an enemy not not an ally attacking an enemy, we have already been nuked at least five times(with big nukes) by the british but it wasnt considered an attack...

Coatesy when were we invaded in previous times?

During World War II, the Japanese flew sixty-four raids on Darwin and thirty-three raids on other targets in Northern Australia.

The first raid on 19 February 1942 until the last on 12 November 1943.

Dont people even know about Australian history these days ?

During World War II, the Japanese flew sixty-four raids on Darwin and thirty-three raids on other targets in Northern Australia.

The first raid on 19 February 1942 until the last on 12 November 1943.

Dont people even know about Australian history these days ?

NOPE!!!!!!!!!!! We a re politcially correct country so we learn about the history of every other country other than our own.

This Saddam thing is something none of us are going to agree on. I think we should just stick to talking about anything else like mullets from alienpunk or anything and everything else other than crap like this. Reptiles perhaps?

Simone.

"Dont people even know about Australian history these days ?"

Do Australian Schools even teach Australian history these days??? Makes you wonder doesn't it? Cheers Cheryl.

Do Australian Schools even teach Australian history these days??? Makes you wonder doesn't it? Cheers Cheryl.

does make u wonder, that yes schoolies arent taught about australian history , i only know about our (australian) history due to a tafe teacher which taught us both australian politics and asia pacific history.

i doubt it though that they will be teaching it anytime soon due to the fact that they now have to reteach the whole planetry system but that's another story...

goin back to the topic i cant believe this sadam thread is still going (especially on a reptile forum) and i agree with johnbowe that we need to talk about anything else bar this ....

Cheryl, you would be hard pressed trying to find anyone knowing about Aussie History. I learnt a little in primary school and some at a private school i went to up to Year 10. When i went to another school we did an archaeological dig near the Harbour Bridge where the the scientist working with us asked who Beenelong was. I was the only one who knew out of a class 20 and more recently while sitting in a class my lecturer asked the theatre of 150 what the Eureka Stockade was. Only two of us knew. Makes me appreciate my schooling a little more.

Simone.

Suffer for him being hung. I dont think its funny but i think he should never of been hung but cut up in little pieces then fed to some hungry dogs. He got a easy death if you ask me and should of at least been smashed the [deleted] out of first. Anyway he's dead now so im happy along with millions of other people;)

Peace

Last edited by a moderator:
Death by hanging, electrocution or firing squad etc is no way to die. Happy and old is the only way to die.

What Saddam did was in comprehensible. His lawlessness and dictatorship style was totally unjust and not RIGHT. Keep him in jail for the rest of his life is fine but execution IMO is no the way to go. He is now a martyr and more trouble will result in such a big way.

100% agree with shamous1......

Suffer for him being hung. I dont think its funny but i think he should never of been hung but cut up in little pieces then fed to some hungry dogs. He got a easy death if you ask me and should of at least been smashed the ***c out of first. Anyway he's dead now so im happy along with millions of other people;)

Peace

Sounds a little like a witch hunt to me... I know what you mean, but being joyous over Sadam's death? Don't you think that's a little over the top?

I, like any Miss Universe would like to see world peace. But peace doesn't start with killing (or does it?).

I wonder though, if Sadam was jailed would he be like Manson and have celebrity status? Manson gets more fan mail than many rock bands. He has proposals for marriage and everything. I don't get it... I thought females looked for a secure partner... hmmm...

I am interested now to see what happens to the minority that Sadam lead. Will they start an uprising? Surely there were more than the few commanders and generals that Sadam lead?

No one deserves to die, and eye for an eye doesn't work (always).

For example, one of the sickest murders that ever took place last year was those poor school girls in the armish community in America. It was an absolute horrible thing to happen. But watching a news broadcast, even though those Armish people were devestated by their losses, they chose forgiveness.

To be honest, I don't know how they could. It doesn't seem right. But several other people interviewed, who were not Armish or religious who had lost loved ones to murderers, also stated that forgiveness has given them the chance to continue living.

It doesn't mean the people are set free to roam the streets, those sort of people don't understand forgiveness. I just couldn't beleive that even in the eyes of tragedy, people dound forgiveness.

It even sounds like tripe to me. I don't know how I would cope - it would eat away at me thinking that someone could do this... But I don't know if retribution works either.

But I do know a whole lot of nothing about something...

I guess the world won't ever see the way that those Armish people portrayed, it just doesn't seem natural.

Would you like a hand getting down? I don't want you to slip of that box.

;)
IsK

Would you like a hand getting down? I don't want you to slip of that box.

;)
IsK

Would you like a soft landing for that pedestall I had you on that you're now falling off of ;)

These soap boxes are awfully slippery... Someone should do a health and safety check of these!

Does anyone know how much it cost to keep one person in goal per year?

Imagine how over crowded prisons would be if they didnt have the death sentence in the states and othe countries.

I was just logging into my Email at Yahoo! and they had a news report about the guy who recorded Sadam's hanging on his mobile phone. Anyhow, the guy who did it has been arrested but not before he released the video.

I am not linking to where it is - I am sure you will all find it easily enough if you want to.

I just wanted to add one person's post to this event and get people's opinions if they want to share.

I myself have almost no opinion because I don't understand all the facts, but this comment made me think.

The comment is as follows:

Who should be hanged first?
1. Bush? People Murdered by him: Millions
2. Blair? People Murdered by him: Thousands
3. Saddam? People Murdered by him: 113 Kurdish

The posters' name is AndreasLoizou - but I won't link to the page as it is where the video is and I believe we have under 18s here. Plus I have been desensitised by American TV.

I look forward to hearing some comments - bear this in mind when you do - we have American, British and possibley Middle Eastern readers - so it would be advisable to have a go at the idea and not any of the three nations mentioned.

With that in mind... go for it.

I agree with you in part, yes Bush and Blair have blood on their hands also, although I think Saddam is responsible for the deaths of more than 113 Kurds.

The ironic thing is who supported Saddam, who made him into what he was, where did he get the military backing to invade Iran?? No takers?...The U.S. that's where. As soon as he got off the leash the U.S. wanted his scalp.

Who made the Taliban into the political force they are, including Osama, who funded them to fight the Russians when they invaded Afghanistan?? You got it, the U.S., again when they got off the leash, the U.S. wants their scalp.

Don't get me wrong here, I don't support terrorism and am not reallt anti-U.S.A., however, let's look at all the facts and all of a sudden the U.S. has largely funded these monsters to become what they are/were.

Everybody should be allowed to live in peace, believe whatever religion they choose and do whatever they like as long as it doesn't hurt, impact or negatively affect someone else. Utopian view? Yes, But that is the basic premise that would allow us all to live in peace, sadly though it will never happen unless there is a major catastrophe that unites mankind as a whole.

Phew, heavy stuff..... I need a lie down.

Mikk

Last edited:
Does anyone know how much it cost to keep one person in goal per year?

Imagine how over crowded prisons would be if they didnt have the death sentence in the states and othe countries.

It costs about $AUD55,000 p.a. to keep a prisoner in a maximum security facility in Australia.

Mikk

There is always a political reason why history is not accuraely taught to children, largely because it doesn't suit the political climate at the time.

Did you know that Asians (China) see WWII starting when Japan invaded China in the early thirties, not when Germany invaded Poland, as we see WWII commencing with. Japan orchestrated a brutal and barbaric invasion of China at this time and slaughtered a countless number of Chinese civilians. A Japanese newspaper at the time ran a daily column on two Japanese generals quoting how many Chinese decapatations they had accumulated, like a sports report.

How does this relate to accuracy in historical teachings?? Japan has only recently began to discuss in its Japanese history teachings their invasion of China, albeit a very sanitised account. Today's Japanese youth would have no idea of the atrocities carried out against their neighbour by the forefathers. God help the Japanese when China becomes a super power! LOL

Mikk

It costs about $AUD55,000 p.a. to keep a prisoner in a maximum security facility in Australia.

Mikk

Actually it costs approx $62,500 in a max security in Vic. So mrmik is pretty much on the ball.

I would rather watch someone suffer in a cell for the rest of their lives than have them executed.

Like I have stated. I ahd a cousin murder my grandfather and my grandmother died (from her injuries) 2 years later. At first I wanted him DEAD. After her got out of jail I caught up with him by accident and I asked him why he did what he did. He said "Why Not?".

With that I nearly killed him. Unfortunately for him (and me) I was understaking the duties of my former job. I had him pinned down on a concrete floor and was about to pummel him into oblivion (spelling?).

Then I thought why should I stoop to the level that he did. I would then be no better than him.

I used to believe in an EYE FOR AN EYE. I think I have changed my mind. Don't get me wrong. If someone hurt my wife or kids then I would tend to it the tilt.

This is a great thread and it gets people thinking. There are many criminals in this world. Most of them leaders of the modern world, leaders of business etc etc etc. Every situation is different .

People need to sit back and fully understand what the meaning of death by firing squad, death by electrocution, death by gas chamber and death by hanging really means.

Anyway. This topic is too close to hoke for me. Thanks for everyones input. Whether right or wrong. That is waht free speach is all about.

Take care all.

Shane

Cheryl, you would be hard pressed trying to find anyone knowing about Aussie History. I learnt a little in primary school and some at a private school i went to up to Year 10. When i went to another school we did an archaeological dig near the Harbour Bridge where the the scientist working with us asked who Beenelong was. I was the only one who knew out of a class 20 and more recently while sitting in a class my lecturer asked the theatre of 150 what the Eureka Stockade was. Only two of us knew. Makes me appreciate my schooling a little more.

Simone.

I think that it is shocking that our very interesting Aussie History is not being taught in schools these days. I used to love my Aussie History classes. We learnt all about Australian Trade Unionism, Poets and Writers like Banjo Patterson and Henry Lawson, Bushrangers and the Eureka Stockade, the first Australians, the Aboroginals and just so much other stuff to mention. I think its a great pity the kids of today are not being taught all of this stuff. Cheers Cheryl

if you think its so safe, why dont you join up and go over with em. :D
i know i dont walk around australia in flakies and helmets carrying weapons and riding in amoured vehcles.

It is safe, but that doesn't mean it's something I'd like to do. Just because eating mushrooms is safe doesn't mean I'll eat them.

Besides, I am *way* too smart for the army.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back