Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here you go...

Attachments

• Scientific Python Names.doc
    37.5 KB · Views: 90
picky picky picky, thats just how i write! :)

yeah i know, i should add that in.... still Leiopython albertisii??? or am i way off track here?

im thinking of adding in others when i get bored one day, that was just a quick get together....

things like L.o.baroni etc etc

mac or maccie usually refers to maculosas...altho it can be used to refer to port macquarie locals aswell.

And coastal can refer to almost any snake that has a coastal variant (maculosas, carpets..u name it pretty much).

mac or maccie usually refers to maculosas...altho it can be used to refer to port macquarie locals aswell.

And coastal can refer to almost any snake that has a coastal variant (maculosas, carpets..u name it pretty much).

port maquarie snakes are called port macs, coastals refer to coastal carpets, never heard any other python refered to as coastals

i agree with you hornet. However as a descriptor "coastal" can be and is used with several species. And i have heard many people call their port macs "macs". My former post was just to point out that they can mean different things depending on the conversation.

What you say is right. By far the most common usage of the term "mac" is in relation to A. maculosa, and the most common usage of the term "coastal is in relation to coastal carpets.

yea, i prefer to stick to scientific names, not as much confusion there:D

ditto...especially when u start calling things spotted, blotched etc etc. Can easily be confusing for the newcomers to the hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back