Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Khagan was pointing out that you're also new to the hobby. His comment was hilarious, and it completely ruins it that I have to explain it to you.

For a red belt, you weren't very fluent.

The quotes i just couldn't help myself :p Reptile_Boy i wasn't poking fun at your age directly, but the fact that you were stating post count doesn't make you knowledgeable and calling older potentially experienced people new based on their post count while you are only young with a high post count.

But if their belt system is the same as at my gym that is only a kids red belt, note the white in the middle of the belt. But yeah, he could use some work on a few things specially that cat roll as it's one of the 1st things you learn. But the other stuff like barrel kick are more advanced and he didn't seem to have the technique down properly, i could probably nit pick at all his techniques but i'm not perfect myself and still learning a lot. However i do give him credit for getting up and giving it a go ;) It is the only way you learn and improve.

And wow i'm rambling on way off topic here! So i'd better give a name suggestion... Hmm how about.. Simbi.

My kids named our spotted 'Batman'. I hated it at first, but then I read a few articles about bats being a foodsource for spotted pythons in the wild so it's sort of grown on me.

You'll come up with something :)

The quotes i just couldn't help myself :p Reptile_Boy i wasn't poking fun at your age directly, but the fact that you were stating post count doesn't make you knowledgeable and calling older potentially experienced people new based on their post count while you are only young with a high post count.

But if their belt system is the same as at my gym that is only a kids red belt, note the white in the middle of the belt. But yeah, he could use some work on a few things specially that cat roll as it's one of the 1st things you learn. But the other stuff like barrel kick are more advanced and he didn't seem to have the technique down properly, i could probably nit pick at all his techniques but i'm not perfect myself and still learning a lot. However i do give him credit for getting up and giving it a go ;) It is the only way you learn and improve.

And wow i'm rambling on way off topic here! So i'd better give a name suggestion... Hmm how about.. Simbi.

redbelt in HAPKIDO and it isnt a kids redbelt.

not in xma. xma i extreme forms and tricks that was y very first tournamate came 5th in that division and first in 3 self defence devisions.

Hapkido is not forms or anything like that.. it is more self defence.

i have been in the hobby for a while about 6 years but only on this site for about 2 or so and i admit that i dont know everything about australian reptiles .. back to what i daid is why do people make thesepointless threads i dont think i own the joint. so many poeple complaine about these threads it isnt just me. thats why i said what i said. but i cant say stop these threads or anything like that. but as they are new to the site and hobby, its a bad habit to make threads like these.

my self i havnt named most of my animals. i named my first 2 beardies.

MY point was people should learn to search previous threads and if they cant find what they are looking for then they should make a thread.

and i didnt mean to sound like i was having a go at any one and srry if i offended anyone

Last edited:
i think reptile boy has a real attitude problem
if you dont like the question dont answer it,but dont put people down
theyre only new and learning
that my 2 cents worth

I totally agree with Reptillian 100%

This isn't often a USER FRIENDLY site AT ALL :(:shock::(

I have noticed it several times now !!! :rolleyes:

People being SO HARSH !!!! :shock: FOR WHAT REASON ???

I always thought a Forum was to be used for many things :- read, reply, help, ask for help, start own TOPIC ! Share news, stories, etc etc etc

None of US are experts, but we learn & get knowledge to HELP others !

Why should old threads have to be searched ? reptile boy ?

* Name for your snake * Blaze :D

Reptile_Boy, I think you're the only one who commented negatively in this thread. Doesn't that say something?

there is no point nameing any animal even cats and dogs are only responding to the sound you make and the tone of your voice however it makes the owner happy not everything we do for our pets it just for them lighten up man
You forgot the most important thing, you get to make them a name tag :D (cats& dogs, not snakes.. Hmm.. There is a potential future business. Snake name tags. This time instead of getting tagged by your snake, you can get a tag for your snake ;))

Call it something a bit obscure.
My little guy is called Spoon,
my next one is gonna be called Listerine.

so look around your room and list objects.
you'll find something.

p.s. if anyone steals Listerine as a name I'll scratch your eyes out.

LOL I quoted this, and was about to say "I am stealing listerine" then I saw the extra line there!

LOL

whats pointless to some
is useful to others :D

Ah, but what is useful to one, is pointless to most.

Reptile_Boy, I think you're the only one who commented negatively in this thread. Doesn't that say something?

I'm going to step in here for Reptile Boys sake, I agree with him 100% Pointless thread, waste, I know people will say well don't open it and don't comment, but I am only commenting because you are all going off at a kid who was just speaking the truth about this thread.

One post said something about "When your parents named you was that pointless?"

It is a snake, not a child, and I bet they didn't go making threads about it. Coming up with a name should be a personal thing, (if you think about it like that) I only call one of my Dragons by name, the other two are "Up stairs beardie", and "down stairs beardie", (they have names, i just cant be stuffed with them)

As was said before, there IS a search function on this site, and what was said in previous naming threads would help the thread owner get their answers faster.

I will admit, when I purchased my bluetongues I asked for names, but that was a small line in a completely different thread, not an entire thread dedicated to finding a name..

And no I am not on a high horse, Horses scare me. :shock:

who cares about post count!! if you have a high post count does tht mean you know alot about herps.

threads like this waste band-with on this site. i know you guys are new to the hobby, but there are countless threads like these and there is no point in creating them. there is a search engine on this site so wy cant use use it instead of creating pointless threads like these

Get over it.

My stimson's name is Hex. Like voodoo stuff =p
Not sure why, just thought it was cool.

redbelt in HAPKIDO and it isnt a kids redbelt.

not in xma. xma i extreme forms and tricks that was y very first tournamate came 5th in that division and first in 3 self defence devisions.

Hapkido is not forms or anything like that.. it is more self defence.

i have been in the hobby for a while about 6 years but only on this site for about 2 or so and i admit that i dont know everything about australian reptiles .. back to what i daid is why do people make thesepointless threads i dont think i own the joint. so many poeple complaine about these threads it isnt just me. thats why i said what i said. but i cant say stop these threads or anything like that. but as they are new to the site and hobby, its a bad habit to make threads like these.

my self i havnt named most of my animals. i named my first 2 beardies.

MY point was people should learn to search previous threads and if they cant find what they are looking for then they should make a thread.

and i didnt mean to sound like i was having a go at any one and srry if i offended anyone

Obviously lost the spelling bee =p

For a male i like the name Shadow and for a female i like the name Luna.

Theres also the name Striker.

Sorry, im no good with names.

You forgot the most important thing, you get to make them a name tag :D (cats& dogs, not snakes.. Hmm.. There is a potential future business. Snake name tags. This time instead of getting tagged by your snake, you can get a tag for your snake ;))

LOL I quoted this, and was about to say "I am stealing listerine" then I saw the extra line there!

LOL

Ah, but what is useful to one, is pointless to most.

I'm going to step in here for Reptile Boys sake, I agree with him 100% Pointless thread, waste, I know people will say well don't open it and don't comment, but I am only commenting because you are all going off at a kid who was just speaking the truth about this thread.

One post said something about "When your parents named you was that pointless?"

It is a snake, not a child, and I bet they didn't go making threads about it. Coming up with a name should be a personal thing, (if you think about it like that) I only call one of my Dragons by name, the other two are "Up stairs beardie", and "down stairs beardie", (they have names, i just cant be stuffed with them)

As was said before, there IS a search function on this site, and what was said in previous naming threads would help the thread owner get their answers faster.

I will admit, when I purchased my bluetongues I asked for names, but that was a small line in a completely different thread, not an entire thread dedicated to finding a name..

And no I am not on a high horse, Horses scare me. :shock:
Lol Rocky, how many people do you need to quote!?:shock:

I totally agree with Reptillian 100%

This isn't often a USER FRIENDLY site AT ALL :(:shock::(

I have noticed it several times now !!! :rolleyes:

People being SO HARSH !!!! :shock: FOR WHAT REASON ???

I always thought a Forum was to be used for many things :- read, reply, help, ask for help, start own TOPIC ! Share news, stories, etc etc etc

None of US are experts, but we learn & get knowledge to HELP others !

Why should old threads have to be searched ? reptile boy ?

* Name for your snake * Blaze :D
It means that he and some other people and tired of these threads and are getting sick of aps being swarmed in them. i think.

I had a spotted python named TOPS (spot spelt backwards). He was a lovely fellow. Loved biting but he was still a lovely fellow.

I chose names for my animals either re-arranging the letters of the species name to come up with something, or I check out the latin dictionary or look at Maps according to location where their wild relo's live.

Opals name came out of the words Yellow carpet snake - she is my first python.
Wolley is yellow spelt backwards for a very high yellow python. Thats him in my avatar.
Marlow is the name of a gorge or lagoon in Katherine where he is from. He is an olive python.
Stella is latin for Katherine - my olive girl also comes from Katherine.
Rufus is latin for red - my bredli boy.
Lara is part of a street name in Alice Springs where bredli are found - thats my female bredli
Abony & Bindy - I can't remember how I got their names - they are 2 more port macs

Thats all I have at this time.

All the names of my snake - Kane, Lita, Shadow,Tiger, Sportacus, Joey, BumbleBee, Elektra, FireBlade and Rocky..!!!

Lol Rocky, how many people do you need to quote!?:shock:

I have a habbit of going through a post and selecting all the posts i can reply to, it gets out of hand some times :rolleyes:

All the names of my snake - Kane, Lita, Shadow,Tiger, Sportacus, Joey, BumbleBee, Elektra, FireBlade and Rocky..!!!

I'm sorry, what was that last one?!?!?!?!??!
:x

Oh and for a name, call it Johnathon, or Rover.

For Lol'z.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back