Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i named my spotted bruce cause it sounded tough

but i suck ive had 3 beardies for a while now and they still haven't got names there called little girl, big girl and stumpy

All the names of my snake - Kane, Lita,
lol if they're relating to what i think they're relating to, you have good taste :p;)

and for the hell of it.. why not just call it snake..
because, you konw... its a snake :p

redbelt in HAPKIDO and it isnt a kids redbelt.

not in xma. xma i extreme forms and tricks that was y very first tournamate came 5th in that division and first in 3 self defence devisions.

Hapkido is not forms or anything like that.. it is more self defence.

i have been in the hobby for a while about 6 years but only on this site for about 2 or so and i admit that i dont know everything about australian reptiles .. back to what i daid is why do people make thesepointless threads i dont think i own the joint. so many poeple complaine about these threads it isnt just me. thats why i said what i said. but i cant say stop these threads or anything like that. but as they are new to the site and hobby, its a bad habit to make threads like these.

my self i havnt named most of my animals. i named my first 2 beardies.

MY point was people should learn to search previous threads and if they cant find what they are looking for then they should make a thread.

and i didnt mean to sound like i was having a go at any one and srry if i offended anyone

Yes, i know it is Hapkido i do Hapkido myself. But at our gym the kids and adults have a different belt system, with the kids belts having the white through the middle and the adults being full colour. The kids don't move up to adults till teenagers where they start out as Orange belt.
I am also well aware of what XMA is :p.

The reason people make these threads is to get input, theres no use searching a thread with names relating to a different animal etc and they may want something more unique and not already taken by 1000 people. But being new to the site and new to the hobby are two different things that you shouldn't put together. I'm sure there are many many very expirenced herpers that don't even use computers let alone this one site.

I do believe though either way regardless of using search or not these people are going to always have people complain, make a new thread someone complains, bump and old thread someone complains... They can't win. Not everyone is creative enough to think of their own names, and i always thought of this forum as a community to discuss and help each other ;).

Seriously, (and i am a hippocrit here for not posting something constructive) if you have a problem with the thread or whether you think its useless, then DONT POST!!! aren't you using bandwith by posting useless unhelpful (to the the thread starter) crap? If you wanna go down that line than couldnt you also say that this is a REPTILE forum and then half of whats posted in chit chat is useless too?

What is classed as crap and useless and the likes to some people is not to others, I just thank myself for not starting a thread like this for my newly aquired King Skinks and Blueys, as I woulda got some bozzo's telling me its useless...

I'll probably get flamed etc, but as the new people will learn that is part of this site, and we all wonder why a fair few of the "Experienced Experts" no longer post as much as they used to...

Oh and sorry for the thread steal, some people just need to be told...
Why not Guts or Jaws? My stimmie is named Guts.

Regards...
Ash...

WELL SAID
Could not have put it better Myself
This IS half the reason why 'NOOBS" to herping /forums like myself DONT ask questions.
Ask a reasonable question only to be ridiculed by 15yr olds.
Isnt it what these things are about anyway - asking/sharing info.
Getting back to the thread-
How about 'SYPHON' the python.:lol:

Last edited:
whats reptile_boys problem? i've noticed that same response from him before! people like to chat - deal with it! besides, i have used the search function and its often quicker just to post a question!

My spotted came with a name: Echo.

My royals are Cleo (short for Cleopatra of course) and Azzy (short for Asmodeus, from the Redwall series, also a lust demon from Christian mythology iirc)

Check demon names, lots of cool ones there..

A youtube acquaintance named his royal Spike. Nice tough name ;)

For what it's worth I've enjoyed flicking through this thread, if those who don't like it would have stayed away and not commented it would have taken a lot less time to flick through.

I think some people need to chill out a bit.

All the animals that we take into care are given a name for identification and the warm fuzzy feeling of calling something by name and not a number.

I had a rat once called Helmet.

The last 3 we had in care were:
Copperhead called Iggy,
Rainbow Lorikeet called Harriet,
Tiger Snake called Gertrude.

Per

my carpet snake ,her name is "Sharmu'(sharmoo) and how the name came around was drunk mates sitting at a table and one was trying to say shampoo and it came out as sharmu...and it stuck....but this morning her name is HOLY HELL WHATS THAT SMELL! ...........

my spotted's name is jasta :D
b4 i picked him up i was gonna call him odie... but he was a feisty lil bugga when i got him and odie just wasn't angry enough so my b/f named him jasta after jamie jasta from the band hatebreed ...

think of ya fave band or something similar and their name/last name/nick name lol

my b/f wants to name my bredli (comin in feb) arnie (after arnold swartz....yeah dunno how to spell it)

I like 'Devlin' Irish gaelic name meaning fierce and brave .... My sons name, but he will let you borrow it

My reptiles are named after musicans that I like. Not sure what type of music your into but its just a thought?

how about maureen if its a girl..or graham if it's a boy...
i used to have 3 snakes....gavin, sharon and warwick...i love people names...it's piss funny...our 3 cats names are gary, steve and barbara ....always makes ppl laugh when they hear it.....

ooohh and i am a newbie and am enjoying all the threads i have read so far and have come to realise that no matter where you go on the internet there will always be morons....i come on here to be educated about the serious side of owning reptiles but also enjoy other ppl's stories....
i seek help with issues i may face with owning a particular reptile...and so far people have been great to me...i don't come on here to be belittled...and im sure others dont either....also i found it quite amusing that reptile boy started off the post on page 1 saying its pointless and not worth talking about and reading on to page 5 he is still replying....must have some interest hey??
cheers anyway and keep up the so called pointless threads as well as the helpful ones

My 2 coastal carpets were called Tangia and Venus. I named my spotted python Sagara, meaning angel(I think). When I was chosing my snakes names I did some research and chose names that felt right to me and the one that I thought suited my snake.

i also call our snake after a favorite musician - Reznor (trent fron NIN) and then the other is Malory. cos it is a cute name.

My Bredlis are Johnny and June (after Johnny Cash and June Carter). The new Spotted will be Frank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back