Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good! Now I know where he lives so I can visit and punch him out.

What an idiot!!!!!

I just sent this email to the paper that wrote that article:
To whom it may concern
I write to you in reference of your story entitled "Horror' snake season", from the 14/09/2006
I am from West Australia, I have a licence to keep reptiles and I own two snakes and some geckoes.
Over the past year I have been doing a lot of research into reptiles. I by no means would refer to myself as an expert. I still have a lot to learn and am only just scraping the surface.
However, I was just wondering if you have seen George "The Snake Man" Ellis at work.
Recently your story on George Ellis was brought to my attention through a reptile forum where we are all in dismay.
I have to say the way he captures and removes snakes is appalling and abhorent. He seems to stand on the snake and then half crush it with his tongs. His "work" has been caught on video several times.
His licence should be revoked and he should not be allowed anywhere near the industry.
It worries me that many people are actually calling this guy to have snakes removed.
What worries me more is that your paper is encouraging the man and even getting people to GIVE HIM MONEY as some kind of charity case.
I'm sorry if the tone of this is anger but quite frankly I am appalled and worried for the welfare of the animals that this man comes into contact with.
I just thought I should bring it to your attention, just who you are supporting.
Please refer to video link.

[video=youtube;brEyVyqBaCM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brEyVyqBaCM[/video]

Thank you.

Jennifer

No wonder it's been such a bad snake season, all the snakes probably heard the comunity is supporting him and trying to start a revolution. I love the way the say he 'saved' the snakes, saved them by breaking their ribs when he uses his tongs and squashing them under his boots. Someone actually donated him a car!? Sounds like an alright place for a professional snake catcher to start off once someone gets this pest out of the way. He was in a doco, i remember watching him when I was only just getting into snakes, I watched and even then I thought his methods were wrong, when I barely knew a thing. I only hope the snakes get one back. Wonder if the snake was big enough would he simply drive one wheel over it half way to make it easier to catch???

ive never see anyone handle a snake with there feet befor

Sensational stuff. How long do you need to handle a brown for you to become a hero. I am sure he knows. You would be lucky to handle any venomous rescue for more than a few seconds if at all. About as long as it takes to drop it into a hoop bag.

Sensational stuff. How long do you need to handle a brown for you to become a hero. I am sure he knows. You would be lucky to handle any venomous rescue for more than a few seconds if at all. About as long as it takes to drop it into a hoop bag.

And it is essential in any snake rescue to "walk and make sounds like a Gorilla" after picking the snake up, true profesional:rolleyes:

Donk

no not a Mulga snake i have handeld a eastern brown the same size oh and chech out the head shap

whoever was hosting it on you tube has deleted all the comments you guys made so i guess it falls on death ears :?:cry:

hmmmm very humane .......................tisk, what a doodle head :X

that guy would have to be one of the biggest tools Ive ever seen!!!
for a start i wouldnt have a clue where he picked up those techniques, but also why does he count every snake he catchs'?
he must be on the biggest ego trip ever!!!

but from now on everyone when ya catchin snakes.....
break their backs by standing on em and jabbin em with brooms and tongs,
then parade around with it like your gods gift and its just another notch in ya belt,
then throw it in container like its a rubber snake......ya cant go wrong!!!!!

Absolutely disgusting

It is an eastern brown and I for one will be contacting NSW Parks & Wildlife on Monday about this incident. .
If we were caught by Dept of Sust. & Environment in Victoria handling a snake like that we would be hung , drawn & quartered & deservedly so.
On top of all that he describes that as rescuing the snake ???

I wonder how good a snake catcher he really is without his snake tongs and his offsider.
Also now that snake will probably die from extensive internal injuries if it hasnt died already.
Well done Barry for bringing this to our attention.

What a joke, how many idiots does it take to catch a snake?

Should have been tailed straight out and straight into a bag, takes no more than ten seconds. He didnt even have to contend with the pointy end when he got there, the snake was already restrained!
This guys had too many people dribbling about how brave he is and now belives it.

Jordan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back