Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I vented my anger by sending him a text message. And will make a formal complaint on Monday.

I had a look at the vid, then got side tracked because Steve irwins 10 most deadliest snakes was on you tube right there too.Big difference, BIG DIFFERENCE.
I cant remember that dollystroppers name, but fair dinkum i'd like to boot him fair up the backside and wrap those bandages around his head.
I am making a complaint to the NPWS, The only thing I can give him credit for is telling everyone to stand back.

some in nsw really needs to show that to nsw parks and wildlife.
That is nothing short of total and utter incompetence. He has absolutley NO idea at all.
Anyone who has to use a pair of tongs to catch a snake should not be catching them, simple as that, let alone standing on the poor thing. This guy seriously needs to be removed from catching snakes, hes an accident waitting to happen. unbelivable.!!

The guys nothing but an incompetent cowboy, the writting on the boots gives him away as well.

fuscus, browns get considerably larger than that fellow, ive seen a handful well over 8 feet and as thick as your arm, absolutlely huge., besides byron bay is quite a few hundred kms away from the closest mula population.

Last edited:
I reckon the snake was already dead when he measured it along the side of the car..
the snake at the end that you can see in the box would probably be a different one...

It looks dead when they're measuring its length alongside the car..
Egh. Why couldn't they have called you Baz? *sigh*
Honestly..some people.

That guy is a nut job , what's with the bandages stuck to his gloves hehehe.
Like the way he goes for a high five , and gets snubbed lol.

hehehe yeah I laughed at that.

I would agree but u can see it flip itself over once he lays it on it side, a split second before they change camera shots

I'm new to youtube, but how can someone find out who this dude is?
Has anyone rang him yet?

Per

Sorry I missed pages 2,3 and 4 of the postings....(got a bit fired up)
Was there any response to the complaints about him?

Geoge ellis is not his real name but a shortened version of his greek name..he is well known in mullumbimby as the local snake catcher but i havnt got to much info yet....but i will

what a god damn nut job, whats with the speech and crying about the 2000th brown snakes he's caught (or more to the point probably seriously injured). why on earth didn't he bag it? probably just so he could watch it striking around stressing out cause he thinks it looks cool

I just watched that again, I lived up in the Tweed for quite a while and reckon thats at the Hari farm out of Murwillumbah. I know there are more capable people then him up there. I think he should be put out to pasture and give it to someone else.

Email

I just sent this email to the paper that wrote that article:
To whom it may concern
I write to you in reference of your story entitled "Horror' snake season", from the 14/09/2006
I am from West Australia, I have a licence to keep reptiles and I own two snakes and some geckoes.
Over the past year I have been doing a lot of research into reptiles. I by no means would refer to myself as an expert. I still have a lot to learn and am only just scraping the surface.
However, I was just wondering if you have seen George "The Snake Man" Ellis at work.
Recently your story on George Ellis was brought to my attention through a reptile forum where we are all in dismay.
I have to say the way he captures and removes snakes is appalling and abhorent. He seems to stand on the snake and then half crush it with his tongs. His "work" has been caught on video several times.
His licence should be revoked and he should not be allowed anywhere near the industry.
It worries me that many people are actually calling this guy to have snakes removed.
What worries me more is that your paper is encouraging the man and even getting people to GIVE HIM MONEY as some kind of charity case.
I'm sorry if the tone of this is anger but quite frankly I am appalled and worried for the welfare of the animals that this man comes into contact with.
I just thought I should bring it to your attention, just who you are supporting.
Please refer to video link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brEyVyqBaCM

Thank you.

Jennifer

Hey Jennifer...
First of all: fair play to you for sending the email...
Did you receive any answer from the newpapers?

It is an eastern brown and I for one will be contacting NSW Parks & Wildlife on Monday about this incident. .
If we were caught by Dept of Sust. & Environment in Victoria handling a snake like that we would be hung , drawn & quartered & deservedly so.
On top of all that he describes that as rescuing the snake ???

I wonder how good a snake catcher he really is without his snake tongs and his offsider.
Also now that snake will probably die from extensive internal injuries if it hasnt died already.
Well done Barry for bringing this to our attention.
I reckon the snake was already dead when he measured it along the side of the car..
the snake at the end that you can see in the box would probably be a different one...

I agree it was dead when they mesure it its all limp.

I would agree but u can see it flip itself over once he lays it on it side, a split second before they change camera shots

I thought the snake was dead too as it was all floppy... I have watched again and again after Grim's remark but I am not sure the snake flipped itself over... It moves for sure but I rekon it is just gravity...
Anyway, if it's still alive at that point, it would probably be dead by now...

Hopefully NSW Park & Wildlife will respond to Snakesrule asap and you guys will keep us all posted of the outcomes...

Yea im not so sure but it seems to me like its belly side up and their is a def colour change to its back colour. Im not certian either way im sure its probably not alive now. Definatly would have caused injury with that heavy weight. I hope this guy gets whats coming for him.

i do not know much about catching and relocating vens. and do not wish to.
HOW MANY of you that have been saying how badly treated this snake was treated have actually called this guy and stated your views.
NOT MANY i would bet.
cheers:)

Everyone could write to the papers that advertise his business..The echo in mullumbimby carries a running ad for this twat..
also these papers seem to back him aswell.
http://www.northernstar.com.au/loca...=localnews&thesubsection=&thesecondsubsection
http://www.abc.net.au/northcoast/stories/s1745511.htm
http://byronnews.com.au/localnews/storydisplay.cfm?storyid=3719945
i know ive tried to make contact with him a few times, im no longer able to comment on his youtube video..and im working on getting his real name and address which i will post here.
Roadtrip to mullumbimby?? just a bit to far for me atm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back