Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understood it would be about anything in general
(Slatey made a clear EG: that some pics may even be a shoelace etc)

Another reason I withdrew from the comp as it will come down to luck & not knowledge :p

Probably only 5 people plus maybe garthnfay thought it didn'y have to be a reptile.

Well I thought it was a reptile specific one too cause my hubby said it was an elephant and I shot him down in flames - guess an apology is needed!!:oops:
Tricky tricky slatey!! I'm on to you now, bring em on!!! Ha Ha!!!:twisted: :lol:

Well I thought it was a reptile specific one too cause my hubby said it was an elephant and I shot him down in flames - guess an apology is needed!!:oops:
Tricky tricky slatey!! I'm on to you now, bring em on!!! Ha Ha!!!:twisted: :lol:

Lol I am trying to trick you as best I can people.
But majority questions will be reptiles and you need knowledge in the field to get on the top.
look at guess n.13.
3 point question and not the easy one for anybody.

This guess is hard and only 3 right answers so far. Wow somebody will get ahead of the others here.

Guess n 13 was put in by Docroc (competition sponsor) and he supplied the photo and answer.

gues n. 13 right answer.

The skink is the Spinifex Slender Bluetongue (Cyclodomorphous melanops unless some taxonomist has changed the name in the last few years). They are normally found in the northern central to north-west coastal WA, but this is a form found on the central coast of SA. The animal shown is full grown. I wouldn’t expect anyone to know its location but with a bit of homework they should be able to say what it is.

Winners for guess n. 13 are

Lost_in_the_jungle 2
pike1 2
sadaji 2
narkeg 2
Wrasse 2
readysell 1
Dann 1

Slateman, I have sent you email. I answered this correctly the night you posted the question. My email is probably top of the pile and likely got missed as a late entry for the previous question. I have marked it as Question #13 however.

:)

I would like to question the age of this critter also. As the correct specimen in the answer has an adult SVL of 13cms with brown colouration and no definitive banding to the lower jaw. Yet the specimen shown in the hand has juvenile lower jaw banding and unless the person in the photo above has absolutely huge hands, I would place the SVL of the specimen in that hand at about 8cms. If not a 'baby' juvenile, then certainly not a full grown adult either.

GUESS n.14

What is that?
Please give me correct scintific name?

And just 1/2 point bonus for anybody whoo will be lucky to guess in what state or teritory this animal on photograph is living at the moment. Looks like this animal enjoy his aquarium enclosure.

People who don't get the animal specie right but still get the right guess for state/teritory will get onluy half point.

e-mail answers to [email protected][/size] Please sate your APS user name
one answer for member is allowed if somebody answer 2 different answers, none will be taken.
Don't post your guesses to forums please.

Please answer by Tuesday midnight 7.11.2006

Attachments

• I think I am ninja.jpg
    I think I am ninja.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 97
Score after question 13
Another 18 question to answer

Nome 7
Malley 6
OzGecko 11
SNKMST 3
SnakeWrangler 5
jordo 8
cris 1
steve6610 6
cam 4
larks 4
JandC_Reptiles 6
readysell 13
NathanBrisvegas 1
TX-III 2
Nagraj 10
Simple 4
Kaotic 1
Reptilia 4
soulweaver 1
Corgan 7
beardyben 2
hornet 4
hugsta 4
MrSpike 5
Lost_in_the_jungle 11
richardsc 1
Snow1369 2
fishbot 4
ether 8
SLACkra 2
wil 1
boconnor 9
Waruikazi 7
robbo 4
Bob2 1
Boxing_pelican 11
Jumala 9
freddy 6
MattQld83 1
Tyrone 4
njmpm 4
snakehunter 10
Thor1 3
tan 9
Southy 8
PeterJohnson64 3
Crocboy 7
jimbo 8
JasonL 6
narkeg 13
Mangles 8
JAKHAMMA 2
Elfling 1
Junglemad 4
ricko 1
Rupes 6
Dann 10
boa 5
Rossagon 7
johnbowemonie 6
Hix 4
jjgirl76 9
Erin 8
the_brad 1
munkee 1
Random 1
Robyn Cox 1
raist 6
snakes4me2 6
Glimmerman 2
Kyro 3
pike1 11
Rennie 7
junglepython2 6
GARTHFAY 4
Earthling 1
Ramy 2
Congo 1
nsavage 6
Tofelofogus 1
Sdaji 13
Wrasse 11
MrBredli 8
Frazer 1
Chewy 8
krusty 3
Spongebob 1
Hobbo1972 1
Buck 1
AGAMIDAE 6
bert 1
Bredli 1
herstar 1
hodges_399 2

If any dispute, please e-mail me.

Slateman, I have sent you email. I answered this correctly the night you posted the question. My email is probably top of the pile and likely got missed as a late entry for the previous question. I have marked it as Question #13 however.

I would like to question the age of this critter also. As the correct specimen in the answer has an adult SVL of 13cms with brown colouration and no definitive banding to the lower jaw. Yet the specimen shown in the hand has juvenile lower jaw banding and unless the person in the photo above has absolutely huge hands, I would place the SVL of the specimen in that hand at about 8cms. If not a 'baby' juvenile, then certainly not a full grown adult either.

I will check it

Guess 14 should be peace of cake for you guys. Due Tuesday midnight.

This comp is going fine so far.
There is few people ahead little, but nobody is really showing that he will be the champ to win.

I must comment also the other members who don't have to much experience and still have a crack on some of questions. Good on you.
We are not in half of this comp yet and there is another 16 question to answer. Some of them will be 3 pointers and realistically, anybody can still get in. Specially when we have so many mystery guesses not relying on knowledge.

So far I don't have any e-mails for answer on question 14, Is that one to hard?

GUESS n.14

What is that?
Please give me correct scintific name?
(Photo in posts above)

And just 1/2 point bonus for anybody whoo will be lucky to guess in what state or teritory this animal on photograph is living at the moment. Looks like this animal enjoy his aquarium enclosure.

People who don't get the animal specie right but still get the right guess for state/teritory will get onluy half point.

e-mail answers to [email protected][/size] Please sate your APS user name
one answer for member is allowed if somebody answer 2 different answers, none will be taken.
Don't post your guesses to forums please.

Please answer by Tuesday midnight 7.11.2006

guess 14 finishes in 4 hours people. Have a go who ewer you are.

gues n. 14 right answer.

Elseya latisternum - Saw Shelled Turtle (Natural habitat includes lagoons, creeks, billabongs and inland river systems of the upper NSW coast, the QLD coast and small parts of the NT).

I took this picture 18 days ago in Queensland Cape Tribulation there is nice tree walk and I took this photo there.

Winners for guess n. 13 are

Wrasse 1.5
Readysell 1.5
narkeg 1.5
Mangles 1.5
Lost_in_the_jungle 1
Sadaji 1
boconnor 0.5
tan 0.5
mitchyj 0.5

congratulation to all people who have right answer or part of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back