Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Slateman said:
Rennie said:
Woohoo! I still got the point despite my inability to read instructions, I have one small problem though Slateman (I just love to confuse you :lol: ) You have me in the list as Rennie and Rennie Ramsay with 1 point each, I'm only 1 person with 2 points.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for all the hard work you have and will put into this competition!

You have to read the instructions better Rennie. I asked to include username in to your answer. There is so many of them that I can't possibly to look up who is who.
Anyway, all is fixed now.
Regarding your last answer, you did specified scientific name also, so you have the point.

All of the emails i have sent have included my APS user name but i've still had one point attributed to nsavage and 1 point attributed to Nick Savage but i'm in the same boat as rennie i'm 1 person with 2 points. i have checked the emails i sent to ensure that i did the right thing and despite the fact that i have sent 2 emails regarding this it hasn't yet been corrected. Could you please correct this Slateman? It would be greatly appreciated if you did.

I too appreciate the time and effort that is being put into the competition. Thanks Slateman!

Slateman wrote: " I know. This is really guess for you people. Bit of luck to get it right."

It would be a shame if all the research i did on this question was a waste of time and the answer came down to a random guess.. :cry:

The Common Shingleback(T. rugosa rugosa • Gray, 1845)

• This species has a somewhat slender body, as well as a relatively long, thin tail. It is also the most colorful of the subspecies. Specimens seen with the bright orange/red coloration are the T. rugosa rugosa.

ooh, that's the map i used, i hope we are right njmpm!!

During my research I discovered that the orange can be found in specimens from all areas where these guys occur, however the orange was never prominent and only occurred in small patches in a small number of specimens, T. rugosa rugosa appear to be the only ones that have very distinctive and prominent orange colouration over them. My research was obviously very limited and couldn't be stated as fact but it was enough for me to be sure of my answer. ;)

During my research I discovered that the orange can be found in specimens from all areas where these guys occur, however the orange was never prominent and only occurred in small patches in a small number of specimens, T. rugosa rugosa appear to be the only ones that have very distinctive and prominent orange colouration over them. My research was obviously very limited and couldn't be stated as fact but it was enough for me to be sure of my answer.

Of course, there was never any claim that the animal was in the wild, so you really should have been looking at the soil type and vegetation.

Yeah there was, slateman stated that the picture was taken in the wild... so it really wasn't a guess.

jordo said:
Wake up Slateman!!! :wink:

LOL people I am working full time 6 days a week.
Anyway here is the score.

Total score so far after 4th guess

Nome 3
Malley 3
OzGecko 3
SNKMST 2
SnakeWrangler 3
jordo 3
cris 1
steve6610 4
cam 3
larks 3
JandC_Reptiles 3
readysell 4
NathanBrisvegas 1
TX-III 1
Nagraj 4
Simple 1
Kaotic 1
Reptilia 3
soulweaver 1
Corgan 4
beardyben 2
hornet 2
hugsta 1
MrSpike 1
Lost_in_the_jungle 3
richardsc 1
Snow1369 2
fishbot 3
ether 4
SLACkra 2
wil 1
boconnor 3
Waruikazi 3
robbo 2
Bob2 1
Boxing_pelican 3
Jumala 2
freddy 2
MattQld83 1
Tyrone 3
njmpm 4
snakehunter 4
Thor1 2
tan 4
Southy 2
PeterJohnson64 3
Crocboy 3
jimbo 2
JasonL 3
narkeg 4
Mangles 3
JAKHAMMA 2
Elfling 1
Junglemad 3
ricko 1
Rupes 2
Dann 2
boa 3
Rossagon 3
johnbowemonie 3
Hix 3
jjgirl76 4
Erin 3
the_brad 1
munkee 1
Random 1
Robyn Cox 1
raist 4
snakes4me2 2
Glimmerman 2
Kyro 2
pike1 2
Rennie 3
junglepython2 2
GARTHFAY 2
Earthling 1
Ramy 2
Congo 1
nsavage 3
Tofelofogus 1
Sdaji 2
Wrasse 1
MrBredli 1
Frazer 1
Chewy 1
krusty 1
Spongebob 1
Hobbo1972 1
Buck 1
Matt 1

In case I make a mistake above please PM me to fix the problem.
Slateman

Looks like our 4th question was To easy. Some people overlooked the specific instruction to give me location and not the name of animal.
4th picture was taken; In Western Australia

All people who answered this question right are getting 1 point.
Congratulation to all people below guessing the right location.

Right answers n.4:

JandC_Reptiles 1
NOME 1
Lost_in_the_Jungle 1
Snow1369 1
fishbot 1
cam 1
Rennie 1
JasonL 1
jimbo 1
readysell 1
MrBredli 1
jordo 1
johnbowemonie 1
Nagraj 1
snakes4me2 1
dann 1
Frazer 1
raist 1
pike1 1
boconnor 1
Southy 1
SnakeWrangler 1
narkeg 1
Mangles 1
OzGecko 1
Waruikazi 1
Beardyben 1
SLACkra 1
GARTHNFAY 1
Chewy 1
Ether 1
steve6610 1
larks 1
Corgan 1
Tyrone 1
krusty 1
tan 1
Junglemad 1
junglepython2 1
Erin 1
Kyro 1
Malley 1
ramy 1
JAKHAMMA 1
njmpm 1
Crocboy 1
Reptilia 1
Jumala 1
Boxing_pelican 1
Spongebob 1
Glimmerman 1
Hobbo1972 1
snakehunter 1
Buck 1
hornet 1
nsavage 1
Matt 1
Rossagon 1
Thor1 1
Boa 1
jjgirl76 1
Sdaji 1

NSavage said:
Slateman said:
Rennie said:
Woohoo! I still got the point despite my inability to read instructions, I have one small problem though Slateman (I just love to confuse you :lol: ) You have me in the list as Rennie and Rennie Ramsay with 1 point each, I'm only 1 person with 2 points.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for all the hard work you have and will put into this competition!

You have to read the instructions better Rennie. I asked to include username in to your answer. There is so many of them that I can't possibly to look up who is who.
Anyway, all is fixed now.
Regarding your last answer, you did specified scientific name also, so you have the point.

All of the emails i have sent have included my APS user name but i've still had one point attributed to nsavage and 1 point attributed to Nick Savage but i'm in the same boat as rennie i'm 1 person with 2 points. i have checked the emails i sent to ensure that i did the right thing and despite the fact that i have sent 2 emails regarding this it hasn't yet been corrected. Could you please correct this Slateman? It would be greatly appreciated if you did.

I too appreciate the time and effort that is being put into the competition. Thanks Slateman!

You have it fixed now. I am doing my best . Some times things take day some times 5 days, but I will do my best. I am working to make a living and this comp is time consuming work I am doing in free time.

JasonL said:
Time to get tough, Slateman, Need to split the field up alittle. Last question was way to easy!

Yeah you are right. This comp will get much harder in the future. I will include some questions when people will have only option to have wild guess and lucky people will get the point.
But first 10 questions will be relatively easy.
This is the reason why I would encouridge people who don't have any points to join and have a go. They do have still great chance to win.

GARTHNFAY said:
I am working to make a living
Where it says occupation you write that you are retired.........are you telling fibs Slatey??? hehe

Yeah I should change that now. I purchased back my old business and work like a mule again. I am in Slate Import and if anybody need Slate, Limestone,Sandstone or quartzite tiles, I am the man. That is why I am Slateman. :) :) :) :)

Looks like this one will be bit harder. Only 1/2 of answers are correct so far.

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Southern Cross Guessing competition will

hey slatey,
do you want sub-species or just the actual species?

does that make sense to u?

if mines not right i give you permission to change it slateman :wink:

I hate the fact that we don't know if the picture is of an australian reptile or exotic. Oh well, I guess I had better just suck it up and stop complaining. :roll:

I dont feel as though I can now answer guess number 5( thanks nagraj), not without feeling like a cheat anyway. I wish I hadnt looked at that thread :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back