Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question re all these thefts. Aren't our personal details kept on this forum? It COULD be completely possible for someone to grab our personal information by comprimising the forum, and knowing what we have by what we post. Plausible, especially in the instances of extremely valuable collections being stolen.

thats ****ed , i keep hearing about this, its just wrong , i have been thinking for a long time to put a padlock on the top of my enclosure , so people dont play with my coastal , and he cant be stolen , i think i might be doing that now.

hope you catch the *******

I think im with you scotchbo on this one.
This month would have to go down as the worst month ever.

I love to tell people that i have snakes but i might start saying they all died and only have family know what i have. I usualy dont even lock my house when i go out, will be locking the doors and windows from now on :evil:

Start looking close to home, how many people know you have them?
Good luck, it must be getting easier to find the scum coz it seems to be spreading bloody quickly

????

Quick question re all these thefts. Aren't our personal details kept on this forum? It COULD be completely possible for someone to grab our personal information by comprimising the forum, and knowing what we have by what we post. Plausible, especially in the instances of extremely valuable collections being stolen.

MannyM I can't ever remember giving my home address when I joined up to this site. Phone number "Yes". Maybe I did but my memory fails me. Can anyone else remember giving their personal address details out?

Any system can be hacked into I guess. I still say the people responsible (and there is obviously more than one due to thefts occuring in various states) are getting the info second hand by people who have purchased snakes or are obtaining license info from transactions.

im just glad that my snakes are in a locked tank in a locked room in a locked house!

sorry to hear of your loss, hope you get them back and give the scum wat they deserve

I had my breeding collection of birds stolen 6 years ago and it broke my heart. At that time i had Pastel Indian ringnecks worth about $4000 ea. I had 23 fertile eggs ready to hatch with in 5-7 days and 10 of these eggs were Pastels. They took the whole lot, Br Prs, Eggs, Nest boxes, Seed dishes and even a dust pan.
I advertised in local papers, Pet shops everyone i could think of.
I found out who it was...... a drug dealer who was tipped off by a family member. No longer talk or see them anymore.
1 week later the Birds had been found and returned to the local police station cramped inside their nest boxes. 3 had escaped and the other were fine (thank god). All eggs had gone cold and no good. I had been waiting for 2 years for that season and lost all work and effort i had put in.
Since then i still have birds and a great collection of reptiles and no one goes any where near any of them. All animals are kept at another premises rather then mine and all selling is done at my home which i have no stock in sight.
I have had to take this approach for i dont wont it to happen again.
Im concerned about the fact that we have to put our personal details on all movement advices (address, phone etc...) and I have been waiting for matters like this to appear.............. it was only a matter of time in my mind.
Sorry for your loss and i understand how you would be feeling. I hope you get your little guys back. I really do.

i had a pair of bredli stolen some years ago..
luck was with me and they were found at some drug dealers house about 2 months later..
the people who stole them bloody swaped them for $70 worth of pot,,
bloody tosser,,

the only good theif is a dead thief i say..

ps,,i really do feel for you,,its like losing someone in the familly and nothing can replace it..
i really hope you find them

I'm so sorry for your loss, the violation of these acts is devastating, my condolences to you and your family.
re; site information, I believe it was only a suburb and telephone number (and a valid email address) required to join here - it would take considerable effort to track anyone from APS subscription info only - I think (JMO) that we can say that didn't happen via compromised personal APS data.
But I agree that some of the threads here would make a perfect shopping list for an offender of this nature, I just hope this isn't the case, and I hope you get your babies back soon.

Blessed be ((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))

were asking around the units we live in hopefully someone seen some body, but we think its someone with not much experience because they left our adult childrens so maybe they were scared it would bite them otherwise i think they wouldve taken him to. i dont know i hope we find them. and i hope that nobody has to feel this way not for awile anyway.

i think they took the snakes in their click clacks coz they werent sure if they wer vens, they cant ge them thru click clacks, didnt want to handle them i guess. scum indeed

im verys orry for your loss

after hearing of this, ive decided im going to fit padlocks to my enclosure that i am making, and use toughened glass too, and fit the glass in solid timber that cant be broken

chad just make sure you use decent padlocks coz there is a very simple way to open them without keys (wont say it on here just incase it gives someone an idea)

Yeah I agree snakes4me2, my ten year old son has mastered picking padlocks for fun so it couldn't be that hard

I spoke to our local vet about microchipping and although it is a good idea they are easy to find and remove and are only any good if the animal is found of course, a couple of photos are just as good in those circumstances

OMG, this is ridiculous!! Just to confirm, we do have to provide our complete address when we join this site, but I dont think that is an issue personally. Another thing though, I notice alot of my friends have their full name displayed on msn, and it only takes someone to add them, view their card, see their surname, do a search on whitepages.com, and if they dont have a silent number, they have their address.

Its so scary to think there are people who are targeting our collections, but I think in reality we have to accept that it could be anyone of us next and we can no longer be blaze about it. Start locking up people, our herps are way to precious :(

Naomi

after hearing of this, ive decided im going to fit padlocks to my enclosure that i am making, and use toughened glass too, and fit the glass in solid timber that cant be broken

Locks on the enclosure probably won't do much if someone has gone to the effort of getting into the house/garage.

This is sick. If jewellry or electronics to the same value of the reptile were to be taken the police would be all over it

hate to say it but i reckon u no the person who robbed u hence y i dnt tell or show every1 my herps.Although thats terrible u cnt have a pet snake or even standard wheels on ur car without it gettin knocked off

Actually I don't agree with that, I don't think it would be a priority regardless of what it was.

This is sick. If jewellry or electronics to the same value of the reptile were to be taken the police would be all over it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back