Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How horrable to here what happened to your babies, I don't know what I would do if I found mine gone from there cages.....
Its owfull, Its happening all the time these days you here it on the news and in the paper about robbers finding new and more expensive things to take and its soo wrong I hope they catch the basteds that have done this to your family. You cant trust anyone these days.
I heard that there was a woman and her daughter got blind foldered and tied up as these people stole there new Green Tree Pythons that they just got. Gosh wouldn't you be so anoyed and lost if you spent that much on a pair of snakes to fine someone steel them right there when your in the same room.

What is this world comming too.

Call me old-fashioned but i like the idea of chopping thieves arms off. The audacity of people to take what isn't theirs!!!! I feel sorry for your loss original poster. I feel especially sorry for Agamidae from this site who was robbed while he was home and asleep. Another friend from here lost snakes to a thieving scum who fabricated a call-out to remove a Ven from a house in the west. It's not on.

Thats HORRIBLE! Sympathy to those people.. :(

I'm not sure if you are referring to the case recently in South Australia ? It was a woman and her son and a friend of the son. The 12 snakes stolen were some of those they had bred the year before.
If it isn't that case you are talking about then there is yet another we haven't heard about.

I heard that there was a woman and her daughter got blind foldered and tied up as these people stole there new Green Tree Pythons that they just got. Gosh wouldn't you be so anoyed and lost if you spent that much on a pair of snakes to fine someone steel them right there when your in the same room.

What is this world comming too.

Chad, actually weed is physically addictive. This has been proven. Cigarettes are addictive. People can be addcited to chocolate and the lists go on. It's how you handle addiction that is the key.

Have you had too much chocolate? lol ninjas on the roof and grizzly bears lol

shamous, THC is not - repeat not - physically addictive. There are no physical withdrawal symptoms at the cessation of use. It is behaviourally - read psychosomatically - addictive.

Having had a stepdad that was a full on stoner i no from research that pot is not addictive physically , its mentaly addictive wat happens is people spend so much time off there face and in there own world that when they stop smoking it they cant face the real world..... and crave the stuff that makes life easy for them

It's about time people have finally realised that you unfortuneatly just cant seem to trust people entirely in the reptile world.
I have had numerous people including a paul berridge who was once on this site many years ago accuse me of something to hide and being "shonky"because i would meet potential buyers or sellers at maccas etc and i would insisit on this, mainly because i didnt want to return the favour of letting them see my collection or know where i live so we would meet at mcdonalds or a service station .
I have tried helping others by way of becoming a member on the committee at a local herp society only to have people constantly fighting and bickering about each other and older commitee members not willing to let the society grow as they would be always holding the members back from not agreeing on field trips and guest speakers like Steve Irwin etc because it would potentially cost money from the kitty...
Herp societies are great places for beginners to learn the basics of reptile care but as the new ones will find out for themselves is that these places are full of not so trusting people. You dont see many of the long time herps still going to the meetings once they have established themselves in the reptile community because of these dodgy theiving pricks.I also used to be a member on here when it first started up but soon left because of people like Berridge who seem to know it all.
It seems like people are finally waking up to it only by way of their own misfortunes of these ****holes stealing more and more peoples beloved reptiles. It really ****es me off hearing about young boy getting bluetounge stolen to family being home invaded by armed men for there bloody animals. It really makes you re evaluate the keeping of any such valuable collections.
I believe that we must get the NPWS to review its current process us having to give out address to buyers and sellers. Surely the name and lic number is sufficent!!
I must admit though, it did take the unfortunate incident of my own collection being stolen some 10years back. I have also had my animals taken from me by the nsw NPWS without any formal documentation and without prosecution, so they were basically stolen also in my eyes. This was before the amnesty so they were not kept under the current licensing system and therfore held without lic but as they say 2 wrongs dont make it right.
I hope everyone finds there animals or the pricks that took them .

im so so sad for you i wish you can find them again

i wish you find those *******S and give em what they deserver, maybe we need to start getting survallience

im sooooooooooooo MAD!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back