Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
these dogs need to caught and made an example of... take one of their eyes if you find them, just walk up on them and spray them in the eyes with engine degreaser, works a charm, you can even light it up while they scream for good measure.

God help anyone who trys to take mine... they will not have these luxuries.

I'm with Boa on that one. Regardless of the value taken and whether or not herps or jewellery were taken Police are going to be interested or not. It just depends on your approach to the police and just how understanding they are to your situation.

Through past experience they are either going to be helpful or not, meaning they may just see it as another cold burg.

If Police are not alerted to any reptile thefts you'll never get animals back. Reptiles being stolen stand out from the normal burg and will always jog a member of the Police forces memory if they happen to come across reptiles during their day to day tasks.

I have asked a few people about whether or not they provided their addresses when they joined this site and they all state that they did'nt (only suburb and phone number). I guess only a mod or admin could answer this.

I think it's more likely that word of mouth (through either family, friends or past purchases) is to blame.

That sux. Someone you trusted to open your door to has robbed your prized snakes. Luckily we have an old Beryl across the road that knows everything in our street and the Mrs is usually here. I used to think keepers were paranoid and very unfriendly when they met me at a servo to trade herps or rats. Now i understand why they were careful because I am too now. A couple of people on this site have been to my place and I trust them enough to show them a snake or two ( especially my mate Slatey who i trust totally) but I am not showing my collection to anyone new and i rarely sell rats anymore or even post pics of my babies.

Call me old-fashioned but i like the idea of chopping thieves arms off. The audacity of people to take what isn't theirs!!!! I feel sorry for your loss original poster. I feel especially sorry for Agamidae from this site who was robbed while he was home and asleep. Another friend from here lost snakes to a thieving scum who fabricated a call-out to remove a Ven from a house in the west. It's not on.

Just to confirm, we do have to provide our complete address when we join this site,

actually, all that's required is a suburb / town, but it's easy to misread it as a full address

Attachments

• reg.JPG
    reg.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 69
y put **** on junkies ur all no one to judge an i smoke pot but that dont mean i took any snakes all my animals are legit so dnt make out like any 1 who smokes is a thief

Paranoid or what?

Hi Jimjones what's up buddy? It seems your a bit paranoid there mate. I am the only person who I believe has made a reference to junkies and I don't class pot smokers as junkies.

I dealt with what I term "Junkies" for over 9 1.2 years. I'm not just referring to the occasional heroin user either. I am referring to the hard core, nor respect for anyone $1,000.oo a day habit that would steal the clothes from his grandmothers back to pay for smack.

This is not a thread about substance abuse. It is a thread about someone having their prized possessions stolen.

You might want to back up a bit there mate and chill out. Have a billy maybe.:p

:rolleyes: you've got to be kidding me.
Doth thee protestuth too much jim,.

Hi Nom looks like your mistaken.

caffiend thanks for posting that I thought we did'nt have to give our addresses when we joined. We don't tachnically have to give our suburbs - you could put mars.

You settled down yet jj. I am not allowed to touch it and have not for years but have one for me anyway mate.

whoa! look out cool jim smokes billys!!!!

i wish i could be as cool as him and brag about being a hard core bong smoker....

what a tool

:shock: hasnt this thread turned a little in the last couple of hours.
Jim i think you need to step back a little mate, as shamous said, junkies are the hard core drugies not the wee little pot smokers.

Locks on the enclosure probably won't do much if someone has gone to the effort of getting into the house/garage.

maybe not if the snake was in a small container, on a big enclosure they would make a difference, it would make a fair bit of noise breaking glass, smashing through wood.

i have also thought about convrting and old cabinet that has them inbuilt key locks.

or just put venomous signs outside the enclosure???

dam codeth u beat me to it. im going to put CAUTION: VEMEMOUS on my enclosure.

along with some of those locks that are like 20 bucks a pop, and fix my enclosures to the walls, and employ ninjas to patroll my roof, and train grizzly bears to rip those who come near my house to pieces.

layoff jimjones, im sure alot of people have smoked pot b4 man, infact i reckon 90% of people here have tried it. dont think that makes u a junkie LOL. i know your sort.
junkies, they are the truly drug****ed ones, the scummy ones who nock stuff off whenever they can to pay for there next hit. last time i checked weed wasnt physicaly addictive.. at all... so therefore how could u be a junkie LOL.

Last edited:
Chad, actually weed is physically addictive. This has been proven. Cigarettes are addictive. People can be addcited to chocolate and the lists go on. It's how you handle addiction that is the key.

Have you had too much chocolate? lol ninjas on the roof and grizzly bears lol

err, weed is mentaly addictive, u dont get any physical symptoms relating to just weed withdrawal, no matter how much it is smoked, i have done some personal.... study.... and i believe that the only reason some peoples bodies become addicted in such a ways is because they "spin" their weed, using tobacco, which is addictive.

please, if i am wrong show me a piece of proof, there are many bad things that can happen with weed, its not something that should be regarded as safe, but its not the weed itself thats bad, its other things that are used with it or used as impliments. anyway, please send me to a site, if you know one, i love to research this kind of stuff. coz theres lots of myths around.

ps, this is a topic about stealing stuff, glad i dont see any happening in wa, i was so excited at 1st, telling everyone, now im going to just bequiet.

Probably

would we all be called junkies as most of us are addicted to herps?

We are probably all herp junkies:shock: Most of us. I would all of us are addicted mate.

I speak to people at work and tell them that I have herps and they all go running thinking that they will catch some STD. That's when I have to explain what the word herps really means.;)

We are probably all herp junkies:shock: Most of us. I would all of us are addicted mate.

I speak to people at work and tell them that I have herps and they all go running thinking that they will catch some STD. That's when I have to explain what the word herps really means.;)

maybe its best not to explain it for our herps safety;)

That's the bottom line now. Who can we trust?. Its very unfortunate that we can't show off our collections because a certain few people in various states want to deprive people of their animals.

Maybe one day they will get a heart and grow a brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back