Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hahahahahaha, nice one Dean, "Bullterrier".... your dogs have to be the strangest Bullterriers Ive ever seen.... would prefer to mess with a Bully, IMO!

LOL, who’s this?? I don’t have the two beasts anymore mate had to get rid of them, but im with you mate I would rather mess with my bully then those things…………….again who’s this??

Mate, its Simon, came over for one of your corner cages, and the tour... Sad to hear they are gone, thats a real shame... mines gone now too!

Regards,
Simon

Mate, its Simon, came over for one of your corner cages, and the tour... Sad to hear they are gone, thats a real shame... mines gone now too!

Regards,
Simon

Hey dude, long time…yeh its sad mate the bloody council are idiots you do the right thing by them and they hit you hard

Sabac

Hi Sabac,

You forgot to say "In My Opinion" That's the key word mate.

Let's face it. A kid finds $200.00 in the street and there is little chance that they will even tell their parents full stop. I don't understand how it would be harder to hide $200 (that would roll up into something the size of a pen) from your parents and easy to explain bringing snakes home:rolleyes: IMO

yea i would tend to agree with shamous, snakes r probably not that easy to hide. Its what u spend the $200 on that would be difficult to hide.

/

yea i would tend to agree with shamous, snakes r probably not that easy to hide. Its what u spend the $200 on that would be difficult to hide.

If I was a young kid that come across $200 what would I do? Shout my mates pizza and beer, a movie or two etc etc. Easy come, easy go. :lol:

Dean - I know what you mean, I've posted pics of my outdoor enclosure on here before but it is very secure and not many people know where I live, and I'm going to keep it that way.

Also I hate the fact we need to give the address our herps are kept at with our licence details when buying or selling :(

put signs up saying video survalence in use
and they wouldnt know if it was for real or not y take the risk when they could get court
i have 4 cameras going at my house after having our dogs posined so if anyone trys to get in here there gone lol

i dont know if anyone has mentioned this already re dogs to alarm you of potential theives but we have large dogs, dane, mastiff and a big mongrel thing and although they would never let anyone into my yard i am terrified some low life might bait my dogs to gain entry. My dogs are as important to me prolly more so than my snakes.
We are installing cameras thet are movement sensative.

i know from experiance that people would do that to get wat they wont our dog was baited cause it barked and we were lucky to get our other one to the vet in time

But tell me why wouldn't and adult also take $200 cash? No offence but that $200 is probably half of the value of those snakes (Not that the cost of snakes matters) but it doesn't add up.

Also unless you have a collection worth $10,000+ letting a dog bite an intruder could cost you 10 fold what your herps are worth with medical bills and compensation

they may not have noticed the money, they could have just left in a hurry. Im not saying that it wasnt kids but it could have just of likely been adults.

Exactly

But tell me why wouldn't and adult also take $200 cash? No offence but that $200 is probably half of the value of those snakes (Not that the cost of snakes matters) but it doesn't add up.

Also unless you have a collection worth $10,000+ letting a dog bite an intruder could cost you 10 fold what your herps are worth with medical bills and compensation

My point exactly. The people who took the snakes were after the snake. The knew the snakes were there and left after they got what they had come for. I still hate to say it but whoever took the snakes knew they were there.

You are right Sabac in saying that if home owners dogs attack someone then they can be up for $$$$$$$ in compensation etc. The same as if you catch someone breaking into your house and beat the living ???? out of them. You are the one who gets pinged.

That is why you finish the job and and feed them to your dogs or dump them somewhere else.:lol:

A while ago some cars in my area were knocked off and dad went a bit nuts about security particularly because we are on a bit of land so this is what I understand...

Most thiefs are amatures. Take yvettenjosh. If they were going to do it properly or were associated with APS why not choose someone with a bigger collection. I havn't heard much about the break in style but it sounds pretty unplanned from me (some young people out and looking for something to do IMO.)

Because of this, a lot of deterance is about appearance. Thats why lights are left on in public places a lot, to deter vandels. Big dogs that bark, even if they are friendly are excellent as well as a sturdy fence and gate around the property.

Also (and I am not sure about the cost of this) you could get an alarm intended for a larger property. Friends of ours on a kiwi fruit farm in NZ (approx 40 ha) have one that phsically hurts your ears if you are in the house when it goes off ( I know :( I set it off ). You don't have to go this far but its an idea to be looked into...

Also there are also products out now which allow you to place an infrared beam across you gate. This is linked to a speaker in the house and this speaker beeps when the beam is broken. ie when a car drives in or person walks in. Of course this only works if the person comes through the gate...

If you are going away for a holiday and can't find anyone to house sit then organise someone to mow the lawn/check the house and pets, leave a radio going, and hang some old clothes on the line. Nothing screams break in more that an empty looking house day after day.
These are all just little things I have picked up.

Another one is keep stuff away from the main windows of the house where people walking/driving past cant look in and see it.

This is really **** as before I would have loved to meet some people from here and their collections so I can satisfy my serpantine lust, but now I totally understand why no-one would want to invite some stranger into their home. Because of a few we all suffer...

Last edited:
And people who poison dogs are really sick disgusting individuals

Our neighbours dog was shot a few years ago but it was never restrained from leaving their property (still I was disgusted that someone would do that, it was an old dog and completely harmless), our dog cannot leave the yard but I was still paranoid for a while.

Any cruelty to animals is just sad, even if it is a threat to people or an introduced species it should still be treated with respect because it is a living thing.

I know what it feels like to have a dog poisoned. We had Jack Russell and 2 pups poisoned a few years back and the pain that these animals must have gone through would be terrible and that was froma former neighbour who did'nt like dogs, cats, kids, birds in his back yard, people anything. He hated everyone. Probably himself too.

people that do harm animals are damaged and should be reclycled
imo if you harm an animal the animal has the same rights i harm you back and if you kill a dog or someones pet the police should do something about it when it happend to us they did juck $h!t and he got away with it and we had to pay all the legal bills and stuff like that.

thats horrible! sorry to hear that.
Well..they obviously have good taste though..taking your valuable snakes and not cash.. but still! how rude!
Was their forced entry? or would it have been someone who has been to your house previously and known that you had reptiles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back