Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And the point to that Henry was??

Yeah.. no funny one there mate .... ....

PhilK - that was discussed a few pages back..

It is a stupid example as Albino's and Amelanistic/melanistic are mutations NOT apparent morphs. It is useless to argue that.

nice diamonds there boa
to the whole intergrade thing has anyone ever found a coastal carpet below coff's or port maquarie?

But the snakes here are FAR to far outside of the limits of the Diamond characteristics, no exceptions can be made here.

What exactly are the limitations of Diamond Pythons? Can you please point me in the direction of a published description that supports your theory?

Take your pick. Any book on Australian snakes. Why do you keep repeating the same thing. Do you not possess any books.

Don't know why i didn't hink of this example earlier. Last season one bredli out of my clutch turned out striped from perfectly banded parents. Genes can mutate/morph in any species.

No Gordo, but interestingly, that orchid specimen is a sub species! Thelymitra ixoides spp. ixoides!

*GASP*

-h

There was a buffalo soldier in the heart of america,

Stolen from africa, brought to america,
Fighting on arrival, fighting for survival.

I mean it, when I analyze the stench -
To me it makes a lot of sense:
How the dreadlock rasta was the buffalo soldier,

Just curious, would everyone be so quick to condemn these snakes and their breeder if someone like John Weigal or Peter Krauss produced them?

Three possibilities with the original pics.
1.Someone is genuinely mistaken with the history of the parents.
2.Diamonds can and do look like the ones pictured.
3.Someone is flat out telling porkies.

I know which one I believe.

I vote for number 3! How much does DNA testing cost these days?

And he was taken from africa, brought to america,
Fighting on arrival, fighting for survival.

Said he was a buffalo soldier, dreadlock rasta -
Buffalo soldier in the heart of america.

If you know your history,
Then you would know where you coming from,
Then you wouldnt have to ask me,
Who the eck do I think I am.

I'm just a buffalo soldier in the heart of america,
Stolen from africa, brought to america,
Said he was fighting on arrival, fighting for survival;
Said he was a buffalo soldier win the war for america.

G'day Cockney,

I have a library of over 300 herpetology based books.

A Complete Guide To Reptiles of Australia, Swan and Wilson, 2003 - "Extremely variable, with small fragmented head scales". "M.s.spilota (Diamond Python) is dark grey to black with a cream spot on most scales, and clusters of all cream or predominantly cream scales arranged to form roughly diamond-shape blotches over back and flanks". On the Morelia spilota complex, it says "It remains to be demonstrated whether these represent valid ssp. (subspecies) or mere colour variants, but collectively occupy the most diverse habitats of any Australian python". On their locality, it says the occur in Eastern NSW and North Eastern Victoria.

Pythons of Australia, Geordie Torr, 2000 - "The carpet/diamond python shows the largest degree of geographic variation of all of the Australian pythons". It also says "Although highly variable, both within and among the different subspecies, all forms are quite robust snakes with a large head that is distinct to the body". More specifically, "The most distinctive form is the diamond python. The body colour is dark grey to black, with most of the body scalesbearing a small cream spot, giving the snake a speckled pattern. Clusters of scales with more cream on them form roughly diamond-shaped blotches on the dorsal surface - some are almost black, while others are distinctly yellowish".

Snakes of Australia - Dangerous and Harmles, Mirtschin and Davis, 1992 - "Consists of the subspecies, but there is as much variation within the individual subspecies as between them" On M.s.spilota "Dorsally, dark grey to black, with most scales having some cream. Clusters of entirely or almost entirely cream scales forming approximately diamond shapes are located the full length of the body, often in longitudinal rows".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back