Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slinkysnake

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm so glad I found this site it has been really helpful and educational. My partner and I have 4 kids between us so we decided it was time to take the plunge and get a snake. We have both always wanted one but didn't really know anything about them. But thanks to this site I'm now learning. We are located on the Far South Coast so it would be great to know of any groups that operate down here. Also people selling snakes and accessories. Can't wait to get the new addition to the family, we are both very excited. (everyone thinks we're mad):D !!

welcome to the site. do u have an idea of what specie you would like as your first.
mel. :D:D

Yes glad to see another newbie..I too have kids but only two and just got my first python...
Everyone thought i was a bit off the air when i got mine aswell...
maybe we can share our experiences as we are both new...
Another good site apart from this one is herp trader www.herptarder.com.au
My kids are 3 and 5....

wat kinda snake u after

Last edited:
welcome, dont forget to put on your standard issue aps straight jacket

At the moment we are liking olives and water pythons but its only early days. if you have any advice on what ones are good for beginners that would be great. A good temparment is really important as we have kids and will be handle alot mainly by the big kids (us).

dont get water pythons then if you want something with a nice temprementet. they are very fiesty. and take awhile to settle down
i would suggest a carpet, or childreni, or bredli. somthing like that generaly are calm from a young age.

i would suggest a diamond python from someone on the south coast as they are local to your area and you can keep it outside

Coastals and stimsons would be my advice you will have to look at how big it will be when fully grown and work from there

THanks everyone for your advice.:) I have actually found a supplier, www.farsouthcoastreptilesupplies.com.au , who are actually have a shop just up the road a bit so hopfully he will be able to help me out also. I had know idea they were there, has anyone heard of them? I'll see if he knows of any local breeders.

Hello guys and welcome to the site.
I am a newbie aswell ( both to snakes and the site)
I have 5 kids and have just purchased a Murray Darling Carpet Python. Can certainly relate to the people think were mad comment, we get the same thing... Our MD has fitted in really really well and is fantastic with the kids, great to get them used to the idea.
Anyway im sure we will talk some more on the site
Cheers , tammy

Hey everyone I've just ordered and payed for my snake. I'm getting a water python from Pails down in vic. Its being flown up next tuesday. I'm so excited!!!!:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back