Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well what do you think?

• Morphs are ok, but hybrids are just wrong.

Votes: 51 30.7%
  • Hybrids are fine, as long as there healthy.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Who cares, as long as they look awsome.

Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Pure is the ONLY way to advance our hobby.

Votes: 28 16.9%
  • Go away Donkey you idiot (plz someone ban him for good).

Votes: 35 21.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
we have bred differnet dogs to make ones we fancy and that goes the same for cats so wats wrong with doing it with pythons

People seem to think it is wrong because they have different scientific names and are therefore different 'species'. That and most don't want it to become difficult to find pures.

And even though snakes 'are not of the same species' it is not the same as breeding a human and chimp, we all know that. As far as I am concered different species of snake are no different than two people of different colours having children. Yes, their genes are different and they have different scientific names, but what does this change? They are still one animal, have all the same organs and are still one shape. Yes, a Diamond is a different colour than a Jungle but how is that different to Africans having dark skin while the English have white?

OMG now I have heard it all, you can't be serious.
So why isn't it the same as breeding a human and a chimp we are much more closely related to them then some snakes are to each other.

i stand corrected, mouth agap, and totally amazed.
just shows u how long i've been around post thingies:)
cheers

OMG now I have heard it all, you can't be serious.
So why isn't it the same as breeding a human and a chimp we are much more closely related to them then some snakes are to each other.

Think about it. What is the difference between a Diamond and a Jungle besides looks? Nothing.

Yes, I know chimps and humans are similar in many ways, but they have a totally different way of thinking and, dare I say it, while they are intelligent humans are at a totally different level. I don't know much about chimps but there may be some differences in atonomy, also.

Plus, I am not talking about chimps and humans! I am talking about snakes and snakes!

A Jungle x Coastal is a hybrid because they are both still snakes. a human and a monkey are not the same species. look it up....
now a black man and a white woman would make a hybrid or a chinese and a somoan.
these are hybrids....... Hitler tried to make the perfect race. PURE he said. blonde hair and blue eyes. lol

Think about it. What is the difference between a Diamond and a Jungle besides looks? Nothing.

Have to say Donk - with this thread you've excelled yourself lol... the above would have to be the silliest and most ignorant thing I've read recently...

Frankly I've never seen so many dills online in one thread for a long time... and Bryony - is she the sharpest tool in the shed or what???

Whew... I can see what we're all up against now... the future of the hobby is in dodgey hands indeed...

Catch ya soon Pat... and please don't do this again lol

Have to say Donk - with this thread you've excelled yourself lol... the above would have to be the silliest and most ignorant thing I've read recently...

Call me silly and ignorant, perhaps what I said above is just that, but at the very least explain why. I don't like being called names without at least knowing the reason, that way at least something useful comes out of my embarrasment and I learn something new.

Is there a huge difference I am missing that makes diamonds and jungles so different? Are they both not snakes and is there something in their genes that makes it wrong for them to have offspring together? People from different nationalities have different genes, is this different in some way?

Two people have laughed at my words but haven't told me why. I now realise why I previously have not joined other debates on this site. Strangely enough I am not even a huge supporter of Hybrids - I prefer pures, but neither do I see what is so wrong with it.

but MMAnne what is the point in mating a diamond and a jungle, u r creating an animal which will be totally different to anything found in nature. It will be worth alot less and if sold in acuratly may pollute the gene pool. Why should people cross animals from different sub species?

massive differences in breeding ,size ,temperature/humidity requirements between a jungle and a diamond.

chimps and humans cannot procreate

So just because they can hybridise in artificial conditions it's ok? There is some evidence that chimps and humans could hybridise if that is correct does that make that ok also?

that is not true. they cannot get pregnant and infact i heard that is how HIV came about. Tribal africans having sex with a monkey. and if that is true then that shows you that different species that were not meant to breed together cant.

Ok fair enough. But is it harmful to the offspring? They are still of the same animal, some humans have different needs than others. I still don't see a big enough difference that means they shouldn't mate.

And btw a Diamond and Jungle cross breeding is just an example.

And Gimbeny, I honestly don't know the answers to your questions being someone who is not interested in cross breeding in the first place. I am just trying to see what makes it so wrong. The offspring being not worth as much as a pure is totally up to the breeder. If the snakes are fine and are not harmed during mating, does it matter?

Tribal africans having sex with a monkey. and if that is true then that shows you that different species that were not meant to breed together cant.

Thats just a rumor, and a way of demonising another culture. It is beleived that the disease was contracted by humons eating chimpanzees.

and then Hix closed it :D

And I'm gonna close this one too, as the thread has run it's life.

Everyone has had a chance to express their opinion, both in print and in the poll. Everyone has different and often quite opposite opinions, and nobody is ready to change their minds.

Is one side right and the other wrong? Who knows? Maybe neither side is right or wrong, but it's only your perception of it that makes it that way.

What IS wrong, however, is a lot of so called 'facts', and other statements that have been made that are either incorrect, misrepresented, misunderstood, or just misinformed - particularly when it comes to genetics.

(Incidentally - crossing a human and a chimp is not like crossing a coastal and a jungle, or a coastal and a bredli.; it's like crossing a Carpet and Taipan. Humans and chimps belong to different families.)

Everyones expressed their opinions, no-one is changing their minds. The thread has run it's course and is now closed.

:p

HIx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back