Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really in focus but ill snap another one of him doing it when i can :p

Spidi-Beardie :D Operation hunt :p

1000893iv4.jpg

I didn't know the snake was dead, sorry to have shown that picture.

Rocky, im not so sure it is dead. that does not look like an electric fence to me, there are no insulators between the wires and the fence post (unless that post is plastic).

nah i read the news post, there is images of them cutting it open and stuff... not pretty.

It is dead. The article show an impala in its belly. The post could be plastic but there are some woods that don't conduct [called insultimber ]. Bring on more weird and wonderful pics.

im still not convinced that that is an electric fence. i have also read a few BS stories about that snake, i have no reason to believe that this story is any more accurate. the snake might be dead, the lump might be an impala and the pic of a gutted snake might be the same one as in the fence, but might not be.

I have seen that article before. The electric fence is on outriggers that lie halfway along the snake. It is like 2 low wires before the main fence. Another tell tale is the fact the snake has turn to bite the wire. One of my dogs used to turn & snap at the fence when she got zapped. There is also 2 wires on the other side of the fence, not visible in the pic posted.
Have just looked at the pic again & the wire can be seen in the top left hand of pic. Had the snake not bitten the fence he would have been hit by those wires on his way out.

im still not convinced that that is an electric fence. i have also read a few BS stories about that snake, i have no reason to believe that this story is any more accurate. the snake might be dead, the lump might be an impala and the pic of a gutted snake might be the same one as in the fence, but might not be.

check out snopes.com. they are usually pretty accurate and well-researched and they say its real.

Read the link I posted. It was the website of a ranch in Africa where the python was found.

:shock: I'll be more careful when I peel my next nana! :shock:

Rocky..........the fence eating snake, forgive me....DONT LAUGH!!!
was that a Anaconda?... where did you get pic from... incredible!

Bananas are no longer in my diet!

Dragon lady, don't worry, i am a total noob when it comes to snakes. I don't know a coastal from a green tree snake. Lol

Dragon_lady, it is an African Rock python (Python sebae) , and it was found on a game ranch in north South Africa.

AH HA!.... ok ...gather the Anaconda would have devoured the whole fence then!

Rocky........i cant be that bad then.....i talked my friend out of buying a green tree snake for $500 ...when she thought she was getting a very cheap GTP! LOL..... you cant be that bad!

Thanks Anvil!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back