This is How it Should Be!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never been caught :twisted:

To be honest i hate marajuana.. i think it is an evil, evil, evil drug. Sorry if that offends any of you stoners :lol:

So people who actually want criminals punished are as bad as the criminals ? :shock:

peterescue said:
People who get off on this sick garbage are as bad as the people they lock up.

Amazing how by giving too much power to the ''left wing'' people become ''right wing'' minded and vice versa. A good example being the right wing policies of the USA in the sixties giving birth to the hippy movement(though in the end it turned out they were too stoned for ''movement'') Personally i think it is a human condition to be a messed up species and no amount of ideological social experimentation will ever find an answer. In the future perhaps they'll just cull those with undesirable genetic traits and the human species may see some change... dunno dont really care anymore anyway.

Peter , just curious , what is the reasoning behind the comment that you originaly made ? Do you think that we should make it easier for the criminals behind bars ?

why, thankyou rockman.
I think people like JOE ARPAIO create criminals. They take petty criminals and harden then. Inure then to pain and degredation.
Giving them a reason to hate society an d exact revenge for the treatment administered upon them by self serving sociapaths.
You get get back what you put in. Sure, a lot of his ideas would be fine but it goes to far. It is, as someone else said, revenge and that is what you will get back.

I removed my reply tyo Mr Barnes as I felt I had lowered myself in repling to him. After reading through his posts to date I see I should heed his advice more often. If I ever need any chit chat advice he will be the first person I seek out.

I must admit, I do like his ideas, as I said before. But I can see your point. What I'm wondering though is with all the statistics quoted in the second article about him that was posted....why were there none on the rate of recidivism? Perhaps I skimmed through them too quickly and missed it. But that's what I'd be interested in hearing. It'd give some kind of indication as to whether it really does work.

Funny i used to think that everyone could have an opinion and voice it, but apparently you just have to agree or shutup

Hey Peter , this being nice thing works , what do you think ? :lol: I do feel that the judges are a little bit to soft . My personal opinion might kill 2 birds with 1 stone . The bad cases , just bump them off , end the gene pool , see that way they don't get to hate society , may make them think about doing it before they do it , we save money . All good reasons . I feel society is so soft on criminals today , i think a judge would maybe look at things differently if it happened to one of his family . OH NO !! i think i crawled out to far from under my rock . :wink:

Kersten said:
Mmmm....and what about the Ronald Ryan's of the world?[/quote

I do agree K, but didnt he recant at the final moment and admit to shooting the warden? :wink:

Yes Olivehemithingy I've heard he did...and I had a feeling he would be the wrong example to use. I was of the impression though that whether he did or not is a topic of debate still. I'll amend my statement though and simply ask whether or not it's acceptable to introduce a death penalty for any crime when there's even the slightest chance you could kill an innocent? (Happy now Olivesdsyndromesufferer? :p )

Kersten said:
Yes Olivehemithingy I've heard he did...and I had a feeling he would be the wrong example to use. I was of the impression though that whether he did or not is a topic of debate still. I'll amend my statement though and simply ask whether or not it's acceptable to introduce a death penalty for any crime when there's even the slightest chance you could kill an innocent? (Happy now Olivesdsyndromesufferer? :p )

Yes happy, and in agreement :D

Kersten , if something really bad happened to you or your family , do you think that you would still think along the same lines . Just curious ? If you say that you would let justice work it out and then see that person demanding all the creature comforts and not be slightly peeved , i take my hat off to you , sincerly .

First off - does punishment like that work? The USA has the highest percentage of people in jail; than any other country.
Second - what crimes did the inmates commit? I ask because many US states jail people for two years for having a joint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back