Tougher Penaltys Against Animal Cruelty Campaign

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree. The RPSCA was set up to "Prevent cruelty to animals" but it has some real tools in the organization who give the rest a bad name. I would like to see ALL RPSCA people, ie officers and volunteers alike, undertake rigorous training to teach them what is actual cruelty & what is not cos IMO a lot of them don't seem to know. They have zero people skills either! I have signed the petition cos I do think we need tougher punishment for the genuine cruelty cases. The RSPCA needs to lift it's game & get in touch with the real issues!

Especially about fish. I work for an aquarium shop, and the amount of people who just dont care. It is disturbingly common to hear the old "its just a fish thing." From there I try to convince these people they're wasting their money ( because that makes them stop and think) or tell them to take a hike.

but regardless what the topic of debate is, even people who claim to be deffending the topic (in this cazse protection of animals) are quite possibly incredible tools, but it still shouldnt mean that his should be shunned of and forgotten.

Cris,
I agree with you – strengthening animal cruelty rules will result in RSPCA and the like getting more rights – and us as a community getting loosing rights. Some people think keeping a different pet (not dog, cat, rabbit and the like) as cruel (They call keeping a snake or lizard in a cage as torturing as it is a wild animal and should be running wild). I spoke to a vet and they say that most of the reptiles she sees are not kept “correctly” and is in poor condition. If some animal rights activists had their way the following would happen:
  • No fishing
  • No hunting of any animal (Including feral animals)
  • No keeping of reptiles
  • I have even seen some suggest I should become vegetarian (no eating of meat)
Just a piece of trivia for you: Did you know over 300 organizations can enter your house (Read legally break down your door) without your permission – Police is not one of those organizations. I personally do not want to give away more of my rights including the right to have a reptile as a pet.

Would love a copy of those 300 orginisations, thats a scary thought.
I do believe there should be stronger punishment for offenders in situations such as people tortureing kittens and stuff. There is a huge difference in catching fish, shooting a feral cat or fox than one of those sickos out there who uses a kitten as a football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back